Home
I am going coyote hunting tomorrow but I am also needing to shoot my muzzleloader about 5-10 times. This is on a 100 acre farm split up into four fields. My "shooting range" happens to be where I plan to hunt. If I shot and then hunted a couple hours later do you think it would bother my hunt?

thanks.
Personally, yes I think it would doom your hunt.
Originally Posted by king_cotton
I am going coyote hunting tomorrow but I am also needing to shoot my muzzleloader about 5-10 times. This is on a 100 acre farm split up into four fields. My "shooting range" happens to be where I plan to hunt. If I shot and then hunted a couple hours later do you think it would bother my hunt?

thanks.

No, not unless the Coyotes on your farm have been hunted hard. I have sit on my buddy cabin porch and shot all morning then walk a couple hundred yards and set up and call and have one come right in. Here is a perfect example. We had been shooting all morning and this one came in within 5 mins of calling Pup in Distress from my FoxPro. He came in less than 200 yards from were we had been shooting all morning

[Linked Image]
Not always. Some may hightail it while others stick out of sight waiting to come in later to see what may be left to eat as many know a shot = food.
I shoot a zillion of p-dogs & every place the coyotes will be out of range, but move in after the shooting stops to eat. Ive shot many a coyote waiting for them after a shoot.
© 24hourcampfire