Home
what is the best bullet for coyotes/bobcat that wont blow up and damage pelts.. i use barnes 52 gr tsx in 223 with good sucess but 20 cal seems to be geared twards p dogs and such.
39gr Blitz King works great out of my TAC .20
anyone ever use the 45 gr hornady???
the blitz king was always pretty explocive in 224. I am running a tac 20 also. do they hold togather in 20 cal better? Tod Kindler says they do but i would like to hear from somone who has ventelated a coyote or bobcat that doesnt have a sales motive..
Posted By: venatic Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
The 35gr Berger does a pretty good job with very few pass thru's on Bobcats. I can't remember any pass -thru on coyotes at all.
Custom Reloading Tools (CRT) makes a good bullet as well. I have shot about 15 coyotes this season with the 37gr CRT and no pass-thru's

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRnCO Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
another vote for the 35 gr. Bergers. The 40 gr. bergers work well too, but I get a pass through from time to time when I'm shooting them. Just very rarely get a pass through with the 35's.
I'm partial to the 40gr Bergers out of my .204 since I started reloading, but I have no experience using them on cats. Can't shoot cats where I'm at. Never have had an exit yet on any of the coyotes I've shot so far with the Bergers.
ill check out those crt bullets

i never was a fan of the bullets going in and blow up.. when the v max first came out i hurried up and loaded 55s in the swift and lost a coyote to a chest shot and a bobcat the same night to a broadside shot..went back to hor soft piont.
cant argue with that rick of yotes you got there good work..
Posted By: dale06 Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
yet another 35 Berger vote. Thats what I use in my 204R.
Posted By: K22 Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
I'm with Venatic. 37gr. CRT bullets are what I use also.
Posted By: laker Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
I've had good luck with the 35 grain bergers and 39 grain bergers. I now just shoot the bergers as I was getting a pass through every once in a while with the 39 grain bergers. To almost guarentee no pass through on broadside shots with the bergers Ive been putting them high on the shoulder and have yet to have an exit. Just a coyote that hits the ground hard and it's insides sound like they have. Been ran through a blender
Posted By: TRnCO Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
hmmm, where are you finding bergers in 39 grains? Last I saw, they had 35's and 40's.
Posted By: GregW Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
35 grain Bergers and Benchmark -
Posted By: laker Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
Originally Posted by TRnCO
hmmm, where are you finding bergers in 39 grains? Last I saw, they had 35's and 40's.
. Hah sorry. Meant 39 grain Sierra blitzing. Must have been sleepin still
Posted By: bea175 Re: best 20 cal coyote bullet - 12/27/12
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
what is the best bullet for coyotes/bobcat that wont blow up and damage pelts.. i use barnes 52 gr tsx in 223 with good sucess but 20 cal seems to be geared twards p dogs and such.

I use the Sierra 39 gr BK in both my 20 Practical and 204
34 Gr. Varmint Extremes are cheap and they'll getter done.
the photo on CRT website shows a 40 gr bt i am assuming the 37 is a hp and the one to use. must be because they are out of stock.. anyone here have some to spare??? i have tons of bullets to trade...
what is the cost on the crt bullets?
© 24hourcampfire