Home
Posted By: Hobo1974 New to Coyotes - 01/13/14
I am new to coyote hunting I have a Primos Alpha Dog and I am not having any luck calling them. I know there is a bunch around here I have killed them before. But I cannot figure out which calls or calling sequence's to use. I live in Northern KY and any help would be appreciated. Last night we had them with in 120 yards of the house also had a few on trail cam.

thanks in advance

Jc
Posted By: texken Re: New to Coyotes - 01/16/14
there are so many things that can be the reason you are not getting them to come in.
1. they may be smart to your call
2. wind
3. noise you make
4, the list goes on and on
probably the first thing I would try is distress call, If you are trying to call from the same place, you might be wasting your time. you should have several "stands" places to hunt to be successful.
Posted By: Huntingnut Re: New to Coyotes - 01/17/14
Set up where you can see down wind. This is the first piece of advice I give new callers. You wouldn't believe how many coyotes you never see because they circle 300 yards downwind.
Posted By: Hobo1974 Re: New to Coyotes - 01/31/14
smirk Well I set up this morning using the Adult rabbit in distress in an open area on the farm. after about 25 mins of open calling with the Alpha dog caller I had 2 dogs come running in. needless to say I missed... If I had a shotgun with me instead of my rifle I think I could of gotten them. At least I am learning and educating the local dogs at the same time. lol
Posted By: WildWest Re: New to Coyotes - 01/31/14
Education is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: New to Coyotes - 02/01/14
that's a start..
© 24hourcampfire