Home
Had to do a little scope swappin'. The 6X42 was fine for calling but I wanted a tad more oomph for gophers and PD's this season. And this 10X Bushnell is a mil/mil. I am trying to convert everything to mil/mil. I'm done with that lowly MOA, peasant bullschit.

[Linked Image]

Anyway, it is a well known fact that my .17 Rem is the best ever built, but this scope swap confirmed that yet again.

Bergers? No problem.

That shot that is low was the initial sighter. Couple clicks up and shot a quick group.

[Linked Image]

Can't use up the last bit of my dog callin' bullets on gophers, so let's make sure the 25gr. V-Max still shoots alright.

[Linked Image]

How about these thousands of 20 grainers I bought for some stupid ass reason? (I hate the 20 grainers)

[Linked Image]

All loads are the same amount of 4320 and the same COL. No need to change anything, just put a different bullet on top when you're seating.

This concludes my bragging. For this morning.

Travis
Was thinking crow control around here would benefit greatly from a .17 Fireball in the stable, but then I ran across the .20 VarTarg.

It looks very promising.

Gotta make a decision.

The decision starts and ends with the .17 Rem.

Travis
Nice shooting Travis. No surprise though considering it's a 17Rem.
4320's good stuff. I used it for years until I discovered N140. Super clean, meters like water, and shoots consistently better in both of my 17Rem's. Down side is it's harder to find and costs more. Fortunately I bought a lifetime supply before the sky fell.

Agree about the 25's too.
20's perform great in my 17FB but I get the best results (on fur or targets) with 25's in the 17Rem.

How can a puzzy slayer like yourself deviate from 4320?

I still have some unloaded brass. But I'm done standing in front of the reloading bench for a little bit. We got a warm snap.

[Linked Image]

Travis
My .17 Rem Can Beat Up Your .17 Rem

Ain't no damn way. And mine can do it without a Hubble Telescope. smirk

See.............same bullet..........don't need any other........different powder..........it doesn't care one bit.
[Linked Image]

But just in case ya want to use a different bullet weight for them big critters................................
[Linked Image]

And mine is much prettier than yours too smile whistle

And catching some rays...................... cool

[Linked Image]

I spoke with the judges regarding your .17 Rem. Everybody agrees she is a beauty. Unfortunately, it still isn't better than mine.

Sorry.

GFY,
Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
I spoke with the judges regarding your .17 Rem. Everybody agrees she is a beauty. Unfortunately, it still isn't better than mine.

Sorry.

GFY,
Travis

grin grin

Its quite obvious you paid them off.
I'll have you know, I am considered one of the most honest people the judges have ever met.

Travis
I'll have you know, I am considered one of the most honest people the judges have ever met.

Travis

Translated..............you always payoff on your bribes. whistle
It's awfully windy around here so I went with an enormous 222 MAGNUM but could only get it in an ugly old 1967 model.

Here is the first target I ever shot with the rifle. With practice I'm certain I can do better: (no cherry picking my best target)

[Linked Image]

Here is an image of my old, outdated, ugly old shoot'n iron:

[Linked Image]

No way are YOUR judges going to pick this high polished iron in a glossy hunk of firewood over the stainless and plastic. BUT if Shrapnel gets a vote... smile
Ummm... First of all. That's not a .17.

Second, you're not supposed to use wood stocks any more.

Third, that thing looks like it was made by Euro-trash.

Travis
Was afraid my post would be discredited for not being a .17 but didn't see the Euro-trash coming.

Wonder if I could get a replacement stock and paint the metal silver?

Where's Shrapnel when he's needed?

Rick
Having Travis' "impartial" judges select the best looking 17Rem is akin to the whitehouse investigating it's self for ignoring the constitution.

We all know that plastic,,,,errr,,,,"composit" stocks ain't even in the running though.
[Linked Image]
I would vote Travis's drill looks nicer than mine. smile

OK,,,, now that we have that sorted out,,, I've always thought that 10X BN looked like a good idea for a walking varminter.
Is this your first season using it?

Weaver makes one similar to it but I think I believe it's variable. I like Weaver's glass "ALLOT" but I think I'd prefer the fixed 10X for this application.
Either should be a good choice for your planned uses though.
Hows the .17 rem on fox, as afar as being fur friendly Travis?
My 17 Remington is prettier than yours .

[Linked Image]
Ive got a Eurotrash Sako 75 hunter in 17 Rem that's kinda fugly, but it's my fave gun...probably.
.204s rule! laugh

eek

Only because I sold mine.....

Originally Posted by Boise
Was afraid my post would be discredited for not being a .17 but didn't see the Euro-trash coming.

Wonder if I could get a replacement stock and paint the metal silver?

Where's Shrapnel when he's needed?

Rick

Shrapnel doesn't control me. When he tells me to shutup, I shutup. But when he leaves, I talk again.

Travis
Send me some bullets and powder so I can shoot mine some more. I was busy stocking up supplies for everything else and got shanghaied...
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Having Travis' "impartial" judges select the best looking 17Rem is akin to the whitehouse investigating it's self for ignoring the constitution.

We all know that plastic,,,,errr,,,,"composit" stocks ain't even in the running though.
[Linked Image]

The judges told me wood stocked rifles cannot be entered into the "modern firearms" category.

Travis
OK,,,, now that we have that sorted out,,, I've always thought that 10X BN looked like a good idea for a walking varminter.
Is this your first season using it?

Weaver makes one similar to it but I think I believe it's variable. I like Weaver's glass "ALLOT" but I think I'd prefer the fixed 10X for this application.
Either should be a good choice for your planned uses though.

This is my third straight 10X 3200. The only drawback they have is the eye relief. It's not as forgiving as most Leupolds. But they track great, are lightweight, and have good glass, and they're not expensive.

They're a lot of scope for the coin.

Travis
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Hows the .17 rem on fox, as afar as being fur friendly Travis?

It is the best compromise between fur friendly, and not anemic. It's also lazer like out to 300yds.

[Linked Image]

Travis
Originally Posted by bea175
My 17 Remington is prettier than yours .

[Linked Image]

That is a beautiful 2nd place rifle. Well done.

Travis
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Ive got a Eurotrash Sako 75 hunter in 17 Rem that's kinda fugly, but it's my fave gun...probably.

Do yourself a favor and sell that POS to me. I'll make it into something we can all be proud of.

Travis
Originally Posted by ingwe
.204s rule! laugh

There's one born every minute...

Travis
Originally Posted by Cinch
Send me some bullets and powder so I can shoot mine some more. I was busy stocking up supplies for everything else and got shanghaied...

Fellow GFY Brother,

The shelves are filling back up with the Hornady V-Maxes. Don't lose faith.

Travis
[Linked Image]

Suck it, beardboy.
Originally Posted by aalf

Only because I sold mine.....

An aalf build is something to behold. But alas, she is no more, and I'm still the winner.

Travis
Originally Posted by wageslave
[Linked Image]

Suck it, beardboy.

Hmmm... You're close. Smells like LVSF.

Unfortunately, it also smells like the pine Ace uses to make plywood and is Fireball.

Travis
Mine's in a Ti,mutherfucker.
Let's drink.
Mine's in a Ti,mutherfucker.
Let's drink.

Oh. I'm drinkin'. Did a scope swap on the 22-250 today and she is a hummin'.

Travis
Are you sending me all your cast off scopes or just putting them in the dumpster?

Hummerszzz.
Sweet.
Ummm... I don't know yet. They're all 6X42's. I kinda hate to send them down the road. They are all great scopes.

Travis
The decision starts and ends with the .17 Rem.

Travis

only if it has L461 on the left side of the action (and "Vixen" on the barrel) grin smirk
I'll throw up a pic of my artist formerly known as a 17 Rem BDL in the Tanman/Boxer inspired Mickey tonight and blow your mind.

Sorry.

You lose.

I'll throw up a pic of my artist formerly known as a 17 Rem BDL in the Tanman/Boxer inspired Mickey tonight and blow your mind.

Sorry.

You lose.

I had one of those. But every time I shot it over the chrony the display read "Loser."
[Linked Image]

Travis
Originally Posted by 222Sako

only if it has L461 on the left side of the action (and "Vixen" on the barrel) grin smirk

A RickyTicky .17 Rem could be cool.

Travis

Uh, cupcake...I believe that was your Chrony advising you to upgrade to a MagnetoSpeed.
I keep forgetting to order one of those.

Travis

The judges told me wood stocked rifles cannot be entered into the "modern firearms" category.
Travis

Oh.. frown

Not even if it has a SS barrel?

Oh wait,,,I forgot,,,the fix is already in.

They're a lot of scope for the coin.

Travis

Agreed^

The Jap glass in the 3200/4200 Elite series is in a whole different world than BN's Asian junk.
Had a 4200 2.5-8. Great glass but to long and heavy for the sporter I had it on.
They're good. Threw one on my gopher gun a year or so ago as well. Turrets and 22's are cool.

Travis
your .17 Rem only wishes it could grow up to be a .17/204.. whistle
Originally Posted by TRnCO

Ha! GFY!

Actually, that wildcat makes sense. But I didn't say that...

Travis
Heck, I've got a .17 Rem. too(even shot a few coyotes with it this winter), and a fireball(prairie dog medicine), and they all find time in the field. But when it comes to coyotes, I'm just really really liking the .17/204.

with that said, I'm not sure my .17 Rem. can beat up yours, so I'm out and you can GFY out behind the barn. grin
Thanks TR!

Why do you prefer the .204 case? shoot more flatter or just a better rifle?

Travis
.204s rule! laugh

eek

When they are really chambered in a 20 Practical...

there is a beauty in being able to find brass for it vs the 204 Wooger ( as Elmer Fudd would say...)huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh...
Originally Posted by TRnCO

Ha! GFY!

Actually, that wildcat makes sense. But I didn't say that...

Travis

saw where Douglas or IT&D will chamber a 17/250....

that ought to be good for 4 to 5 boxes of bullets...

Eat it, Polly.

[Linked Image]

I win.
Looks like a zombie beat off on a non-LVSF.

Travis
Zombie Satisfaction, Junior.
Your 17 Rem wannabe has been body slammed by my 17 Rem.
Hardcore.
Mils are euro-trash..and I sent the last of my burgers to some rube in Montana..pass the V-Max smile
I am trying to convert everything to mil/mil.

You switching your speedometer out for one in kilometers too?
You gentlemen don't seem to understand that this thread is designed to praise everything about me. Not denigrate.

Travis
I understand.

This thread makes me want to build a .17 that's far superior to anything yet conceived by mortal men....
This thread should come with barn boots whistle grin
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I understand.

This thread makes me want to build a .17 that's far superior to anything yet conceived by mortal men....

Good luck. Because mine is unbeatable.

Travis
The force is strong with yours for sure.

I'm off to scour the shelves in search the perfect platform....
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I understand.

Mine was recognized as such, but its a fixed thread. Travis has paid off the judges and bought the thread.

Travis

I will admit...yours would make a decent backup gun at gopher camp.

Travis

Oh yeah?

[Linked Image]

And besides, mine was made before they discovered the name for the enormous "carbon footprint" your clunker makes. (Mine ain't plastic, nor has it ever been defiled by plastic....."hint".)

grin
I'm really feeling bad now, I just realized my 3 favorite 17's are Euro-trash.

My CZ527 in 17-204, By the way, this one has top secret paint that makes it invisible to its prey.

[Linked Image]

My Sako L461 17 Javelina Mannlicker made by A&M in AZ

[Linked Image]

Are the Sako in plain ole 17 Rem

[Linked Image]

Travis

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your COCK. grin
Nice trash, boys.......
Mine's not trash......its ain't wood, polymer, fiber-anything, whatever. Mine's birch! laugh
Nice A&M. Got some serious style points going for it. How's it shoot for ya? Nice 17's boys.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Mine's not trash......its ain't wood, polymer, fiber-anything, whatever. Mine's birch! laugh

Leather and Lace..........good times. grin
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Nice A&M. Got some serious style points going for it. How's it shoot for ya?

Not really sure, yet. I was looking for some Hornet brass and only had some mixed Rem/Win brass, and fireformed it. Most all the fireformed stuff using 20gr Varmint Nightmare extreme bullets was under an inch at 100. Haven't sorted or used the 20gr Vmax out of it yet with the FF loads.

I bought it at an estate sale, and it looks almost new. I don't think the original owner even shot it.

Leather and Lace..........good times. grin

Had to get with "stylin'"....the comb on those old 788s had the refined lines of the older rifles, (the better to see the fine "blade and block" sights they were appointed with.) grin Perhaps my jowls are not as gaunt as they were when I once used that rifle more regularly. Perhaps I can forgo with the cowhide and still get a cheekweld of sorts........or perhaps I'll have to give up the ever-practical use of the see-thrus. laugh
I wouldn't change a thing.
You can't f*ck with character.
See thru's are awesome.

See thru's are awesome.

True dat......or such was my opinion (briefly) 40 years ago or so. I'll bet I still have 'em in some dank, musty box somewhere too.
Guess I'll have to make Neal bring out the Sako 17-222 Magnum.

How much 4320 you running in the 17 Rem?

Might be able to get 2 more grains crammed into the 222 Mag case.... whistle
Here is a contender for the ugliest.

A re-shaped ( butchered ) BDL I bought for the action and scope, a 10X Leupold with dot. Made the mistake of shooting the donor. My #2 grandson likes it.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by HawkI
Guess I'll have to make Neal bring out the Sako 17-222 Magnum.

How much 4320 you running in the 17 Rem?

Might be able to get 2 more grains crammed into the 222 Mag case.... whistle

24gr's. It's the greatest load ever made for the .17 Rem.

Travis
Man Wasp... That thing is pretty nice. Too bad it's not nice enough for first place though.

Did you see these guys posting pictures of CZ's? That's like posting pics of a toothless, heroin addicted, east Ukranian hooker and bragging that it's your girlfriend.

Sheesh. Some days I feel like I can't leave this place for a second.

Travis

Did you see these guys posting pictures of CZ's? That's like posting pics of a toothless, heroin addicted, east Ukranian hooker and bragging that it's your girlfriend.

[Linked Image]
Hard to find a middle finger for Flave on a critter thats only got four fingers grin

[Linked Image]

Are you trying to tell me something?

Travis
Man Wasp... That thing is pretty nice. Too bad it's not nice enough for first place though.

Sheesh. Some days I feel like I can't leave this place for a second.

Travis

watch it!

you know that Ukrainian Woman is some campfire members mother...

and a few others have either banged her or dated her for a while...
Originally Posted by Seafire
That's like pics of a toothless, heroin addicted, east Ukranian hooker

watch it!

you know that Ukrainian Woman is some campfire members mother...

and a few others have either banged her or dated her for a while...

Good schit!
That description made me think of you too.
Happy Sunday.
Hard to find a middle finger for Flave on a critter thats only got four fingers grin

Thumbs are over rated. grin
Are you trying to tell me something?

Just that my ultra beatimus 17Rem's Czechoslovakian step sister is the most gorgeous puzzy slayer since the inception of puzzy slaying.
Course,,, she'e only a 17FB and like most Euro-sluts, she needed some cosmetic surgery before removing the paper bags but in her current state she's so far ahead of that plastic junk you kids are enamored with it's not even a contest.

Behold===========The Beloved FB=============
[Linked Image]
This Communist Trash you guys are posting just can't complete with this American Beauty . Plus the Bolt is on the Proper Side of the Rifle.

[Linked Image]
Czechoslovakia isn't a communist country.
It's just a corrupt democracy. Sound familiar?

Actually,,,, three more years of Skeeter and we'll be allot closer to being a communist country than they are.

Besides,,, your shifter's on the wrong side so your clearly left leaning anyway. grin

PS Sketter's left handed too. shocked whistle
Czechoslovakia isn't a communist country.
It's just a corrupt democracy. Sound familiar?

Actually,,,, three more years of Skeeter and we'll be allot closer to being a communist country than they are.

Besides,,, your shifter's on the wrong side so your clearly left leaning anyway. grin

Just a joke, I actually have the same rifle in Left Hand 204

[Linked Image]

This just in from the judging panel:

1.) Fireballs have never, and will never be allowed in the same competition, room, truck, car trunk, gun cabinet, bedroom, etc. , as a .17 Rem.

2.) Left handers are automatically disqualified. From everything. Forever.

Travis
Originally Posted by bea175

Just a joke, I actually have the same rifle in Left Hand 204

Yea,,, I was just funning you too.

Matter of fact, while there are some "left leaning" clowns on this site, you're as far from em as it gets.

You're still left handed though,, soooooo. grin
Fireballs have never, and will never be allowed in the same competition, room, truck, car trunk, gun cabinet, bedroom, etc. , as a .17 Rem.

Just for that, the FB's the only gun I'm bringing to the spring gala and she's riding up front with me and mini flave.
Since you have such disdane for my Czech beauty you can ride in the back with the dogs.

Oh wait,,, the beer rides back there.
On second thought, maybe I better bring the 222, complete with turrets instead.

1.) Fireballs have never, and will never be allowed in the same competition, room, truck, car trunk, gun cabinet, bedroom, etc. , as a .17 Rem.

Travis

A righteous call.

Travis

A righteous call.

Both of you can bite me.
17 Rem rebored from a 17FB

[Linked Image]
Judges stated points are awarded for the murder of a Fireball chamber. Very well done there.

Points deducted for being born wrong handed.

Further points deducted for the inclusion of an e-caller in your submitted photograph.

Looks I'm still numero uno fellas.

Travis

My 17-222 woulda kicked ya to the curb too.....
Deflave: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
I have a factory stock Remington 700 in 17 Remington that may just have something to say about your proclamation!
This 17 Remington of mine is one of only 500 made that came with a 26" heavy stainless steel barrel and the Sendero style stock!
According to my loading log when I was doing load testing a few years back the Rifle shot 5 Berger 25 grainers into .241" there at 100 yards!
Then with 3 more bullets on the same date I fired another group measuring .196" there at 100 yards.
I normally ONLY fire 5 shot groups for load testing and sight-in verification - but for some reason, of which I did not elaborate on in my loading log book, I only fired the 3 shots on that second group.
My stainless limited edition Rifle is scoped with a silver Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope.
I think you should look into variable power scopes for your 17 Remington, to bring yourself into the 21st century and improve performance and versatility!
I think a massive case of "cabin fever" may have blurred and over-ridden your usual inhibitions/reservedness and caused this Class 4 outbreak of bragadocio?
If you ever get down Dillon way I will let you shoot a truly wonderful, all factory stock 17 Remington.
I appreciate the info on the 25 grain V-Max bullets - the Bergers are VERY hard to find anymore.
Yeah those V-Max's shot quite well in your handsome Rifle I better try some.
Long live THE 17 Remington.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Deflave: I have a factory stock Remington 700 in 17 Remington that may just have something to say about your proclamation!This 17 Remington of mine is one of only 500 made that came with a 26" heavy stainless steel barrel and the Sendero style stock!

I had one of those too....bought it from Lock, Stock, and Barrel.

They made 500 blued at the same time.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Deflave: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
I have a factory stock Remington 700 in 17 Remington that may just have something to say about your proclamation!
This 17 Remington of mine is one of only 500 made that came with a 26" heavy stainless steel barrel and the Sendero style stock!
According to my loading log when I was doing load testing a few years back the Rifle shot 5 Berger 25 grainers into .241" there at 100 yards!
Then with 3 more bullets on the same date I fired another group measuring .196" there at 100 yards.
I normally ONLY fire 5 shot groups for load testing and sight-in verification - but for some reason, of which I did not elaborate on in my loading log book, I only fired the 3 shots on that second group.
My stainless limited edition Rifle is scoped with a silver Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope.
I think you should look into variable power scopes for your 17 Remington, to bring yourself into the 21st century and improve performance and versatility!
I think a massive case of "cabin fever" may have blurred and over-ridden your usual inhibitions/reservedness and caused this Class 4 outbreak of bragadocio?
If you ever get down Dillon way I will let you shoot a truly wonderful, all factory stock 17 Remington.
I appreciate the info on the 25 grain V-Max bullets - the Bergers are VERY hard to find anymore.
Yeah those V-Max's shot quite well in your handsome Rifle I better try some.
Long live THE 17 Remington.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG,

Thank you for your submission but unfortunately, heavy barrels are not considered in this contest.

Travis

Had you left it to me, it would certainly be in the running.

Travis
This thread has caused me much googling. I am now going to turn my Howa .223 into a 23inch .17 Remington and make it a dedicated fox gun
OK,,,, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but how do those hair-lip judges you have in your back pocket feel about plywood?
And YES, it's a 17Rem.

#5 PN, Darrel Holland stock, wearing a V24.
Probably the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Had you left it to me, it would certainly be in the running.

Somehow, I see this woulda been a lose/lose for me.....
I'm sorry but K22 has this one wrapped up with the Montana and is awarded extra points for the same gun in 17 Improved (204)...
Originally Posted by TWR
I'm sorry but K22 has this one wrapped up with the Montana and is awarded extra points for the same gun in 17 Improved (204)...

grin grin
And there you have it. The deciding judge has spoken and his accurate observations are known the world over.

and now the 17 Improved.

[Linked Image]

Plus, for the slam dunk, 2 more 17's and one on a highly customized 788 Rem. whistle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
OK,,,, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but how do those hair-lip judges you have in your back pocket feel about plywood?
And YES, it's a 17Rem.

#5 PN, Darrel Holland stock, wearing a V24.
Probably the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

FG was looking strong on this one. Unfortunately, plywood is not allowed either.

Travis

Somehow, I see this woulda been a lose/lose for me.....

Not if you maintain a positive mental attitude.

Travis
Originally Posted by TWR

You have been placed on ignore.

Travis
Originally Posted by K22
[quote=TWR]
And there you have it. The deciding judge has spoken and his accurate observations are known the world over.

Only I can make arbitrary and unjustifiable selections of judges.

Travis
FG was looking strong on this one. Unfortunately, plywood is not allowed either.
Travis

That's it!
Any contest that the hair-lip judges can be bought off with some warm Falstaff and a bottle Robitussin ain't worth competing in.

I'm out.

This just in the...

The judges said that if you threaten to not let me go rockchuckin' this summer, you'll be the winner.

Travis
I'm starting to think these judge are without scruples...

Travis
If they had scruples they would allow .204s in this�

skookum zebra 204s in a Ti stock�

[Linked Image]

But you've got to be a hater�.
Sweet Jesus...

Travis
This just in the...

The judges said that if you threaten to not let me go rockchuckin' this summer, you'll be the winner.

Travis

To late. I'm taking my toys and going home.
Once the Robitussin wears off they'd likely renege anyway.

Trump and his rigged Miss America pageants ain't got chit on this bunch of cheese eating hair-lips.
Cheese eating?

Is that implying I'm from Wisconsin?

Travis
this bunch of cheese eating....

Hey gawdammit, watch who you're lumping in with the sheep shuckers.....
No, but the judges obviously migrated from WI to Mozambique hoping the Doctors Without Borders would correct their hair-lipidness under Obama care, thus allowing them to continue on their corrupt, cheese eating, Robitussin swilling path.
Mind you I can't prove any of this yet but an ongoing investigation by Jesse Ventura supports my allegations.

PS,,, I'm a poor looser.

this bunch of cheese eating....

Hey gawdammit, watch who you're lumping in with the sheep shuckers.....

Sorry aalf
Not all cheese products come from WI.
The cheese preferred by said "judges" likely originates in foreskin.

Off topic but,,, do Sheep have foreskin?

[Linked Image]

That'll come in handy if you can stalk right up into the herds living room. Or if you hunt zebraback.

[Linked Image]
Sorry aalf

Not all cheese products come from WI.

The cheese preferred by said "judges" likely originates in foreskin.

Off topic but,,, do Sheep have foreskin?

No sweat, looks like "Head Cheese" does not always seem what you'd think.

As to your question, I guess it would depend on the sheep's doctor.....
At least you two are still talking about me. That's what is important.

Travis
If they had scruples they would allow .204s in this�

[Linked Image]

The Redfield is the cherry on that artichoke Sunday. wink
[Linked Image]

Duggy Tubed, Big Sky camo, and L461 something or other...should horn up a 17 fan.

17 Remmy is just "okay"....

75 bucks for the unfired, unfettered piece of retro should horn up old Pooby too.
Oh my...

We got the Hawk postin' gun porn. This thread has potential...

Travis
Sweet Jesus...

Travis

I'm sorry. You're not allowed to say that. G. Harrison has the copyright.

I've got some new brass.....judges CAN be bribed.

[Linked Image]

That might look okay on a Seventeen Safari weapon............probably even capable of a nut job on ol Cape Brutus.
Sweet Jesus...

Travis

WTF is a G. Harrison?

Brass is a good start.

Travis
Wait, this thing is rigged?

[Linked Image]

That might look okay on a Seventeen Safari weapon............probably even capable of a nut job on ol Cape Brutus.

grin grin
Is it wrong to say that I like this one? blush

Wait, this thing is rigged?

Yup!! Brass, Primers, Bullets, and Powder offered up as a bribe may get your foot in the door. mad

grin
Sweet Jesus...

Travis

WTF is a G. Harrison?

Brass is a good start.

Travis

Sir George, you dumbass; he was a Monkey, or Beetle.......one of them British vermin. (I didn't want to type his name without using the proper title at risk of suffering the wrath of something or someone, and I'm not much into titles.)
I'm not much into titties.)

shoulda been wearing my new spectacles.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm not much into titties.)

shoulda been wearing my new spectacles.....

Trick words are good, especially when baiting the master of GFY. (I sure hope I haven't offended him and invoked the "GFY" upon myself........that might require penance of even more new brass, that with the "br" in front in case your eyes try anything funny with that word too. laugh )

Sir George, you dumbass; he was a Monkey, or Beetle.......one of them British vermin. (I didn't want to type his name without using the proper title at risk of suffering the wrath of something or someone, and I'm not much into titles.)

The Beetles? I'm gonna have shrapnel slap you with a smallmouth bass. I hate the [bleep]' Beetles.

Travis

Trick words are good, especially when baiting the master of GFY. (I sure hope I haven't offended him and invoked the "GFY" upon myself........that might require penance of even more new brass, that with the "br" in front in case your eyes try anything funny with that word too. laugh )

You GFY'd yourself right out of the contest when you mentioned the Beetles.

GFY.

Travis
Mommee.....he GFY'ed me! (I agree with the other part though......dung beetles: okay, Brit Beatles: naah!)

Now, GFY!!!! (My 17 is faster than your's...nah, na, na, nah........where's my can of Red Dot? )
I'm waiting to see some more contenders.

Travis
17 Improved (204Ruger) cause I sold my Sako 75 in 17 Rem. Wood and blue steel may have a soul but SS and synthetic are immortal.
[Linked Image]
And while this one may look like K22's, mine is the bestest.
Man... that immortal line was pretty snazzy. The judges are very impressed.

Unfortunately, your name is not deflave, and equally disappointing is the fact you don't have a .17 Rem.

Travis
In his defense, what about points for the treated wood back drop......quite fitting for a rifle that will never rust, decay, or otherwise readily breakdown become the original basic elements? Do the judges consider nickeled, correctly headstamped brass an asset?
Correct me if i'm wrong but 17 rem brass is just necked down .223 brass right?
True 17 Rem brass does say LC83, does it not?

It doesn't????????? mad

No,,,, it's necked down 222Mag.

You can make it from 223 but it comes out a few though short.

No,,,, it's necked down 222Mag.

You can make it from 223 but it comes out a few though short.

So 204 would be easier to make it from if I can't find factory brass

Got it. Ordered a barrel today. Going to screw it onto a Howa short action

And scarffed up a new B&C medalist stock for a 100 bucks
What kinda barrel?

Travis
Shilen
I've got one of those on order too gitem. I hope you ordered it from the Barrel man because he's 25% cheaper than ordering from the factory for the same barrel. whistle
Dunno. My Gunsmith is doing the ordering on it. Gave me. Quote of 650 all up with finish. I told him to leave it in the white as it's getting Cerakoted
Haven't built a .17 Rem on a Howa but that sounds like the best of all worlds.

Won't come close to mine, but still cool.

Travis
Haven't built a .17 Rem on a Howa but that sounds like the best of all worlds.

+1
Great chambering on a great platform.

To bad you couldn't find a nice Walnut stock for it.
What's walnut made out of?

Travis

Travis

laugh
Travis, you drinking Elevator IPA again?????
No sir. But that sounds delicious. If I go to Great Falls this weekend I'm going to grab a few growlers.

Travis

Travis

Walnut is a carbon-footprint neutral resource, a fact that should appeal to your the judges' greener side. Points? (I believe my curly birch 788 also qualifies in this regard.)

And please refrain from beer talk on this thread, in light of the fact that some segments of the audience live in dry counties and towns, Thanks.
Like wood? From a tree? I thought only Garands and muskets used that material.

Dry counties and towns are stupid. I would never adhere to those type of rules.

Travis
I'm going to see if they will let an "outsider" be the honorary felon here for a day. (There's quite a bit of competition, what with the numerous real felons vying to import Windsor travelers in order to make $3K/case.) Capitalism works in spite of the law. laugh And the actual/reality rules forbid the importation of beer unless you're really stupid.)

Nice "Save a Tree, Hug a Dinosaur" bumper sticker you have on your pickup! Sheesh!

For the judges.....

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cieFmcOqiUY[/video]
That's cool aalf! Which one is you?

Travis

Nice "Save a Tree, Hug a Dinosaur" bumper sticker you have on your pickup! Sheesh!

WTF are you talking about? The last dinosaurs died when ingwe was in his 50's.

Travis
Am, I gonna hafta get a 17 rem so I can play too?

Oh, and BTW�

GFY�.I never really thought you were the Pope anyway�.
Everybody needs a .17 Rem.

Even the ancients that have no respect for the Pope.

Travis
That's cool aalf! Which one is you?

The good lookin' one with the great voice.....duh......

In hindsight, that was a silly question on my part.

Travis
Am, I gonna hafta get a 17 rem so I can play too?

Oh, and BTW�

GFY�.I never really thought you were the Pope anyway�.

You can get one. But any 'coolness' points you would get would be negated by tge fact you own a 7x57
I contend that 7s are good numbers, both in cartridge nomenclature and in model numbers. (The Mauser has twice as many as the 270 in case anyone tries to make a redemptive argument for the latter.)
(The Mauser has twice as many as the 270 in case anyone tries to make a redemptive argument for the latter.)

Yea but so does a pellet gun.
We need more contenders.

Travis
My "old man river" 17 Remington may not beat up on your "prissy 17" but it still gets the job done with it being almost 40 years old. smile Changed the old wood stock with a synthetic stock laying around to make it more with the times. Hes missing some blueing and has a schit scope on it but is perfect for throwing in the pickup and killing schit.
[Linked Image]
With that said the old man may get a new barrel and put on some steroids to become a 17-204
[Linked Image]
17 FartBall, 17 Rem. 17-222 Mag...222 Mag

Had an H&R 17 Remmy screwed into the action...
[Linked Image]
And it was stupid light in a McMillan Edge with that 20" pencil barrel...
[Linked Image]

But the 17-222 Mag Big Sky edition shoots better and faster.
One of these days the 17 Remmy, Ultra Wildcat may get put back on.
Originally Posted by laker
My "old man river" 17 Remington may not beat up on your "prissy 17" but it still gets the job done with it being almost 40 years old. smile Changed the old wood stock with a synthetic stock laying around to make it more with the times. Hes missing some blueing and has a schit scope on it but is perfect for throwing in the pickup and killing schit.
[Linked Image]
With that said the old man may get a new barrel and put on some steroids to become a 17-204

Damn! That's a classy sumbitch!

Judges are thinking...

Travis
Hawk has the judges stumped! Euro-trash rebranded with American awesomness?

This could be a contest after all...

Travis
Here is what your 17 really wants to be when it grows up - Walnut, Blued Steel, 223 - complete with Bubba Buddy.

drover

[Linked Image]
Is that a Classic?

Travis
[Linked Image]

Damn! That's a classy sumbitch!

Judges are thinking...

Travis

If I wrapped it with some Poplar Chrome (duct tape) do I win classiest rig?
I'm starting to think the judges are all related to Obama, and have married Canadians
Is that a Classic?

Travis

Yep! Cooper Classic. I use the Bubba Buddy since it is a single shot, but it rarely needs more than one shot to do the job.

drover
I was thinking it was a Rem 700 classic till you said single shot. I always wanted one of those.

Don't be dissin the bubba buddy, the judges said they add points for utility.
Hawk has the judges stumped! Euro-trash rebranded with American awesomeness?
This could be a contest after all...

You know you're making waves when you flush Hawk outta the bushes....
You of all people should have a response based on the superior 204 (222 Mag?) case..... whistle

And how can any judge not find a fire with a FireBall???
[Linked Image]
At least its not wearing a Bubba Buddy�.

Agreed.

but then again, it is Judge Polly.
At least its not wearing a Bubba Buddy�.

Yet....

Agreed.

but then again, it is Judge Polly.

He hasn't seen the spermed Micky, 222 Magnum with a better decal than "GFY"....the hitch balls hang from an extree sling stud, its so friggin manly....
You of all people should have a response based on the superior 204 (222 Mag?) case.....

How true, 'cept I cashed in all my 17 chips several years ago.....I'll keep it to 22 thank you...

The 17 has the most "turdlike" BC of all varmint bores...
They ain't no lie, unless you get into Kindlers....they get pretty fancy.

On another front, I see Hodgdons has 6-204 data listed now.....
And yet no 22-204 data....Ruger is getting close to a decade of missing that boat.

Have a Kindler 20 and 17 book; the 17 is in wont for bullets. Can't imagine the tiny, miniscule market that even Berger would have to go out on a limb for.
Love this thread. Is Kindler maken bullets again? I need to figure out this pick posten chit. 3 years ago I had Doc Ed build me twin Mod 7s. #2 Pacnors sitting in Bansers. One for me in 17Jav and one for the boy in 17Rem. Built for east coast predator hunting.
Originally Posted by TWR
I was thinking it was a Rem 700 classic till you said single shot. I always wanted one of those.

Don't be dissin the bubba buddy, the judges said they add points for utility.

Budda buddy's are certainly allowed in this contest.

Travis
Originally Posted by drover

Yep! Cooper Classic. I use the Bubba Buddy since it is a single shot, but it rarely needs more than one shot to do the job.

drover

I was thinking Remmy Classic.

I need more than one shot in my tube...

Travis
You know you're making waves when you flush Hawk outta the bushes....

Hawk grabbed his Butkus jersey and digital camera. Mumbled something about 'get the [bleep] outta my way' as he walked toward the gun room...

Travis
If I wrapped it with some Poplar Chrome (duct tape) do I win classiest rig?

Pending pics.

Travis
You of all people should have a response based on the superior 204 (222 Mag?) case..... whistle

[Linked Image]

Major points for the Mickey. All deducted because it's a Fireball.

Travis
The Hubble scope is sweet though�.
Originally Posted by Blueprinted
Love this thread. Is Kindler maken bullets again? I need to figure out this pick posten chit. 3 years ago I had Doc Ed build me twin Mod 7s. #2 Pacnors sitting in Bansers. One for me in 17Jav and one for the boy in 17Rem. Built for east coast predator hunting.

I read a lot about Kindlers. Somebody should tell him (whoever he is) he should make bullets if he wants to be in the bullet business.

Here's a tutorial. There's a reason they put pictures in children's books. Get crackin'...

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/696239/1/How_to_post_your_photos

Travis
The Hubble scope is sweet though�.

Yeah. When the Flaming Ball fails to kill the critter, you can beat it to death with the scope.

Travis
And it was stupid light in a McMillan Edge with that 20" pencil barrel...

How light? I am going to put an EDGE on my Sucko. Hoping the American engineering helps with the Euro stench.

Travis
Hoping the American engineering helps with the Euro stench.

You won't get rid of that until you shave its armpits and it get's a Brazilian.

Wait..

What?
Won't he get cold in the winter if he does that?
Originally Posted by RWE
Hoping the American engineering helps with the Euro stench.

You won't get rid of that until you shave its armpits and it get's a Brazilian.

Wait..

What?

That seems racist.

Travis
My feeling is hurt!!

You start a thread about a synthetic stocked, stainless rifle chambered in 17 Rem and I show up with my wood stocked, blued, chambered in 223 and I don't win.

I would have thought that the Bubba Buddy and Redfield scope would have given enough style points to disregard any other discrepancies.

Are you sure this isn't fixed?

drover
The Bubba Buddy is negative point value, ands the Redfield only if it is a new Revolution. grin

I don't own a .17 centerfire, so I can afford to be hyper-critical smile ( Because I am objective�.. whistle )
Originally Posted by drover
My feeling is hurt!!

You start a thread about a synthetic stocked, stainless rifle chambered in 17 Rem and I show up with my wood stocked, blued, chambered in 223 and I don't win.

I would have thought that the Bubba Buddy and Redfield scope would have given enough style points to disregard any other discrepancies.

Are you sure this isn't fixed?

drover

Bro! WTF do you want me to do? The mini-'flaves are the judges. I tell them what does and doesn't suck and they vote accordingly. It's not fixed.

travis

I don't own a .17 centerfire

You're just trying to be like aalf.

Travis
aalf pissed me off. He didn't tell me about the .22-204 until AFTER I was all tooled up for the .223AI

Ive had him on Double Secret Probation ever since�..
Don't feel bad. Took me years to get shrapnel to try the .222 Rem Mag.

Travis
Soooo, you are like the Forrest Gump of the Campfire?

Sweeeeet�.

Was it you that talked me into my first 7x57?
The mini-'flaves are the judges.

If it's not to late, I'd like to retract my "cheese eating" comments that were directed towards the judges in an earlier post.

That said,,,, this thing's as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

7x57?

Never heard of it.

Travis
It was the forerunner to modern smokeless cartridges, before they began their downward spiral into Gayness with the .270 and the .17 Rem�..
The mini-'flaves are the judges.

If it's not to late, I'd like to retract my "cheese eating" comments that were directed towards the judges in an earlier post.

That said,,,, this thing's as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

FG,

No problem. These two are ruthless and without scruples anyway.

Thanks for the hind leg compliment.

Travis
It was the forerunner to modern smokeless cartridges, before they began their downward spiral into Gayness with the .270 and the .17 Rem�..

Speaking of .17 Rems... where is yours?

No big deal if you can't find it. I have asked Rick to start a peasant forum.

Travis
If they speak Irish on the peasant forum, I'm in like Flint�.

I talked to JB just last night about the .17 Rem�.he said it sux donkeys balls and" is best left to people like Deflave"�.

What did he mean by that?
He was just trying to make you feel better.

Travis
Perhaps. Us old guys have to stick together. He's the same age as me�

Imagine that. All of our combined wisdom at your fingertips and you don't take advantage of it�

.204s Rule! laugh
The only thing about the .204 that is worth while is that the name "Ruger" is attached to it.

Travis
Perhaps. Us old guys have to stick together. He's the same age as me�

Imagine that. All of our combined wisdom at your fingertips and you don't take advantage of it�

.204s Rule! laugh

I call BS. No way was JB a passenger on the Mayflower
Reckon if the Grand Exalted one had a .17 it would wear a stock like this:

[Linked Image]
aalf pissed me off. He didn't tell me about the .22-204 until AFTER I was all tooled up for the .223AI

Ive had him on Double Secret Probation ever since�..

Hey.....what the.....gawdammit..... when did this happen?

I'm gonna have my people to look into this......

Have your people call my people. Maybe we can arrange a meet and iron out these differences�. grin

I call BS. No way was JB a passenger on the Mayflower

OK. Enough with the old jokes! cry

If my pal Moses was still around, he would arrange to have your azz smited.
Hubble scopes are needed to see 17 holes on targets.

Long sunshades are needed for stocks on fire and FireBall cartridges (heat mirage is a bitch).

The 204 is a mutt made up of better things: the 222 Mag case, shoulder degree between an Ackley and the 222 based cartridges and a bullet diameter between 17 and 22.

ingwe only knew Abraham because he lived to be 900....
And to think�I was gonna stop in Iowa on my way through and drink all your beer. If you're gonna be nasty�then I won't do it!
And to think�I was gonna stop in Iowa on my way through and drink all your beer. If you're gonna be nasty�then I won't do it!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FJ_Mt7Zm5hM[/video]

Reminds me of the time I was (somewhere) in Texas, around Ft. Worth.

It was around 7 AM, walked over to the cooler and grabbed a box of beer. The lady behind the counter of the C-store pooped her pants, caterwauling in her drawl about not being able to buy beer, not here!

Of course I gave her the typical response "I'm from Iowa", which is code for "I'm stupid" or "your laws are stupid", whichever works! laugh

Seriously, WTF does one do in these places when you need beer for your cornflakes?
It's light. I'll have to scale it.

Still a pencil barrel, but now a .223.
[Linked Image]

My version of "GFY":
[Linked Image]
Holy mother of [bleep]' Christ! I gotta show this to the judges when the NyQuil wears off.

Hawk is bringin' the thunder. The THUNDER.

Travis
Everything you hate in a .17 package-

Euro trash Sako
not a .17
it's a Fireball
It shoots so good even I look good
it's painted
It belongs to me and always will.

Go fish.
When and if he gets a 75 in 17 Rem, he'll be full o' sass...

Saw an H&R today, pretty good shape. Woulda bought it if I didn't just have to screw a 17 H&R tube into a Vixen action, slapped the gauge check and shot it....
When and if he gets a 75 in 17 Rem, he'll be full o' sass...

Saw an H&R today, pretty good shape. Woulda bought it if I didn't just have to screw a 17 H&R tube into a Vixen action, slapped the gauge check and shot it....

What is a 75?

I have a .222 RickyTicky just begging to be a .17. But if I understand the European's stupidity correctly, I would have to find .223 sized mags?

Travis
Like dis (not my pic) for a 591[Linked Image]

It would be like dis for a 75 Varmint:

[Linked Image]

No on the magbox stuff, unless you have an early (pre 1958)L46, not an L461. The L461 eats everything. (It made total sense, as the 223 didn't exist, but the 222 Mag did; that's a U.S. military calamity). eek

Slap some loaded rounds in there and see, dammit! The OAL will be close, but miles shorter than the 222 Mag.

Did I mention I have an Ultra Wildcat 17 Rem tube? whistle
Okay okay. I couldn't stand it any longer. I dug waaaay back into the depths of the safe and this is my contribution to the thread. it's a 60's custom job. Sako action, 17/222mag. Story has it it took 3 blanks for the stockmaker to get a worthy blank. Yes, it is mesquite. Ron Kesselring of Kesselring's Gun Shop about fainted the day I brought her in and opened the hard case. I hope the pics do it justice. Oh, and by the way, it was a garage sale find. WoooHooo!!!

Please excuse the hair on the dog bed.

Attached picture P1020441.JPG
Attached picture P1020442.JPG

Slap some loaded rounds in there and see, dammit! The OAL will be close, but miles shorter than the 222 Mag.

Yes sir.

That Sucko 75 looks pretty sweet. I gotta stop dragging my feet on this RickyTicky project...

Travis
Originally Posted by M_59
Okay okay. I couldn't stand it any longer. I dug waaaay back into the depths of the safe and this is my contribution to the thread. it's a 60's custom job. Sako action, 17/222mag. Story has it it took 3 blanks for the stockmaker to get a worthy blank. Yes, it is mesquite. Ron Kesselring of Kesselring's Gun Shop about fainted the day I brought her in and opened the hard case. I hope the pics do it justice. Oh, and by the way, it was a garage sale find. WoooHooo!!!

Please excuse the hair on the dog bed.

Holy [bleep]' BeeGeez. That thing is like a time machine into what I don't want!

I can almost compete with that. But it's a .222.

[Linked Image]

Travis

It would be like dis for a 75 Varmint:

[Linked Image]

Boy that's a beauty there ain't it? The only rifle I really miss is the Sako AII 22-250 I had for 25 years. Wow, what a gun.
First year production,....I think..?

Not a beauty, Lots of dings in the stock, was definitely hunted with before I got it.

Factory trigger is scary, needs to be replaced with an aftermarket.

Optics is a 4.?x14.?x40 Nikon Buckmaster. Rumor has it, that scope was officially kissed by Jackie Bushman himself as it came off the line, so that ups the value a couple grand or so...

Hell on Geese...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wow! That thing is ingwe-old.

Does it group tight?

Travis
It's done well for me, but honestly I've never put any work into it.

Only thing it's ever seen on my end has been the Rem. factory loads.

The guy I got it from, who I believe to be the original owner, was a papershooter, benchrest, prairie dog, gun nut and he gave me the best target he'd shot with it, when he sold it.

Can't find that target, but it was 5 shots Well under a dime...

Now that I reload, wish I could find it cause it had the recipe written on it.... mad
It was probably 24gr's of IMR 4320 and a Remington 7 1/2 primer.

Travis
Do you have to use a drop tube with that or is there plenty of room to seat.?

20,25,30.?
I use a funnel. 24.5 is usually good too, but I've found the 24gr. load to work in everything.

20 or 25's. Either or.

Travis
WOW a 17 thread. I had one a long time ago, but when I had to pour IMR 4320 down the neck of the case, it was too slow for me. I sold it and started shooting 220 Swifts to get some high velocity.

Then one day I found the 222 Remington Magnum and I have left everything else rusting in the basement. 4 of them accurate buggers and I still don't think I am done accumulating them.

It is a good thing this is a discussion between 17 calibers, as the 222 Rem Mag would shut the door on the competition...
I wonder how the .17's would work on a Dillon 650?

Travis
Ruh Roh. Shrapnel is dissing the .17. This is gonna be epic.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Ruh Roh. Shrapnel is dissing the .17. This is gonna be epic.

I can't believe he left the Euro-trash comments alone.

Travis

Travis

Like a minority migrant worker in a Nitro Glycerin production facility...
Laughing my ass off....

Travis
Damn it! Can't take it any longer ... I gots to play. grin

[Linked Image]

It's your beloved 17Rem

[Linked Image]

I see stainless whistle

[Linked Image]

.... and keeping things real with the black Tupperware

[Linked Image]

LVSF ~ I got nothing else to say
That's mighty fine for a black and white thang.
Nice submission Ricky. You're in a very solid last place.

Travis
I'm very pleased that I even "placed".

I'll take it.

Are you sure that is enough recoil pad for a .17 ???
I suppose you think a nice curved-steel buttplate would be much classier?
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Travis

Like a minority migrant worker in a Nitro Glycerin production facility...

That's funny but true.
I was running a housing project on the Truckee river outside of Reno in 1998 when a factory (about five miles from my job) that made explosives for the mining industry blew up. Five miles away and I thought my jobsite office trailer was going to turn over.
Anyway,,,, most of the workers were illegal including two that were never found. Needles to say lawsuits were filed and the company filed bankruptcy, but more importantly, I discovered there were ALLOT more Ducks on that river than I thought.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/1998/jan/07/three-killed-in-explosion-at-chemical-plant-outsid/
Charlie, when I was a pup the dupont plant in Louviers blew up. The dad of a couple friends was vaporized. All they found was his belt buckle.......
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I suppose you think a nice curved-steel buttplate would be much classier?

or a brass one?

Are you sure that is enough recoil pad for a .17 ???

You gotta let them age so they get gummed up.

It's like wine, only different.

Travis
That sux Don.
Like I said, "I was five miles away" and couldn't get out of that trailer fast enough.
There was a second explosion about 15 seconds later that made me glad I did.
Can't imagine what it was like at the epi-center.
About three minutes later my taxidermist's son/landscaper/duck hunting pard came flying up in his pick up, jumped out and said, "holy chit did you see all those Ducks get up".
Not really funny but I still chuckle when I think about it.
huntsman22,

I think a brass buttplate would be just perfect on a green McSwirly....
along with matching bottom metal, bolt knob, scope rings and sling swivels......
bling, bling.......
huntsman22,

Keep it up, you aren't going to get me riled. I am not going to convert to the idiocy of plastic and stainless. Guns are more than tools and this ridiculous infatuation with junk has got to be quelled...

Guns are more than tools and this ridiculous infatuation with junk has got to be quelled...

I better have my people look into this blatant use of infatuation....

It's a shame how some like to put down what another person has.

You don't see me saying anything derogatory about some of these pieces of schist on here.

We need more contenders.

Travis
Should have never showed off pics of my sweet .17

You gotta let them age so they get gummed up.

It's like wine, only different.

Travis

The funny part is when that started happening Big Green's solution was to just send you a whole new stock. Obviously the recoil pad's the most expensive part of that deal and the stock's just an acoutriment.
We need more contenders.

Why would you want to bring the gawd awful T-C's into the mix....
We need more contenders.

Why would you want to bring the gawd awful T-C's into the mix....

Lower case "c", sir. Lower case...

Travis

The funny part is when that started happening Big Green's solution was to just send you a whole new stock. Obviously the recoil pad's the most expensive part of that deal and the stock's just an acoutriment.

That's a peasant's stock anyway.

Travis
Kirk,

If you didn't insist on using so many anti-American Euro-trash rifles, then you wouldn't catch so much grief.

It also seems hypocritical to be infatuated with plastic-tipped bullets while refusing to shoot plastic-stocked rifles. You should shoot only walnut-tipped bullets.

That's a peasant's stock anyway.

Travis

Easy ... I got feelings too crazy
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

Easy ... I got feelings too crazy

Get rid of them.

Travis
As has been demonstrated on the Campfire many times, there's no room here for feelings--or thought, either.
As has been demonstrated on the Campfire many times, there's no room here for feelings--or thought, either.

Thoughts are stupid.

Besides, you don't need them when you have the greatest .17 Rem IN THE WORLD!

And where is Mule Deer's anyway? Did you not replace that one you sold?

Travis
Kirk,

If you didn't insist on using so many anti-American Euro-trash rifles, then you wouldn't catch so much grief.

It also seems hypocritical to be infatuated with plastic-tipped bullets while refusing to shoot plastic-stocked rifles. You should shoot only walnut-tipped bullets.

Keep it up, your reasoning makes your writing somewhat questionable...
I believe i own that weapon, a 1973 700 Ribbon Pattern.
Kirk,

Hey, didn't I learn everything I know from you?

Thoughts are stupid.

Besides, you don't need them when you have the greatest .17 Rem IN THE WORLD!

True that^

Glad to see you and those cockeyed judges you bought with pot roast and pizza have finally come around.
[Linked Image]

Kirk,

Hey, didn't I learn everything I know from you?

Yes, but you never published any of it...
That's because when I sent it in, they all said, "THAT'S SHRAPNEL'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY!!!!"

You are recognized far and wide as the authority on everything from Winchesters to Euro-Trash.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and neither do you. laugh
Klik,

Thanks for making it all perfectly something!
That's because when I sent it in, they all said, "THAT'S SHRAPNEL'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY!!!!"

You are recognized far and wide as the authority on everything from Winchesters to Euro-Trash.

Are you still sore at me for stealing your lunches in school???
Hey, I hadn't thought of that! Can't remember eating any lunches at Bozeman Senior High School, so SOMEBODY obviously stole them.
Klik,

Thanks for making it all perfectly something!

Thanks for not breaking the rules!
It appears the masses have surrendered, and 'flave is the clear winner in this contest.

Travis
mine lives in the truck..Nothing special,just a slightly rust colored BDL '700
It appears the masses have surrendered, and 'flave is the clear winner in this contest.

Travis

We never doubted you for a second. grin
Shallow victory at best. tired
I thought yours was a damn fine submission, K22.

The only real draw back is that it isn't mine.

Travis
Well Jim,,,, he might be an underhanded, corrupt, Muslim loving, bastard son of a godless whore, but at least he's transparent.

Oh wait,,,, I was thinking about somebody else.

Back on topic,,,, congrats on your victory Travis.
I just flushed your trophy but I'll make you another one tomorrow morning.
I'm starting to sense a lack of respect for the judging process...

Travis
You're assuming there ever was any.
Master of irony.
I just wish I could have played. I need daily humiliation to remain humble in my state of amazingness.
Well Jim,,,, he might be an underhanded, corrupt, Muslim loving, bastard son of a godless whore, but at least he's transparent.

Oh wait,,,, I was thinking about somebody else.

Back on topic,,,, congrats on your victory Travis.
I just flushed your trophy but I'll make you another one tomorrow morning.

Ya and to think Charlie he also kicked your Beloved 17 to the curb without even a "by your leave"!!! shocked Such uncivilized behavior should not have to be tolerated. confused
I bet the bastard starts a new campaign with a eurotrash 17 Rem., later this year...and toilets the Remington 700....
Dave,

Who gives a [bleep] about an inefficient .17 Rem contest?
4 out of 5 barfly's prefer my COCK over yours.
I win.
No bet. There's no depth he won't stoop to.

BTW Travis, I'm having Corn Chowder for dinner
I'll get you're trophy in the mail tomorrow.

I hatched a beauty myself....

New contest?
You're assuming there ever was any.

Don't be ridiculous. I have lots of respect for this contest and its judges.

Travis
I bet the bastard starts a new campaign with a eurotrash 17 Rem., later this year...and toilets the Remington 700....

The Force is strong with this one....

Travis
Dave,

Who gives a [bleep] about an inefficient .17 Rem contest?
4 out of 5 barfly's prefer my COCK over yours.
I win.

That's absurd. Every woman and gay man that has ever seen me instantly fell in love.

Travis
No bet. There's no depth he won't stoop to.

BTW Travis, I'm having Corn Chowder for dinner
I'll get you're trophy in the mail tomorrow.

I'll bring you a GFY sticker this June so your shootin' irons may stand a chance in any future competitions.

Travis

New contest?

I'll have to see it before I decide whether or not to compete against it. That's only fair, for me.

Travis
New contest?
I'll have to see it before I decide whether or not to compete against it. That's only fair, for me.
Sure, now you tell me.

Imagine a pointy headed python w/o eyes......

Sounds kinda phallic...

Travis
Been getting lots of PM's begging for more pics of my .17 Rem.

I mean like hundreds.

[Linked Image]

Travis
Been getting lots of PM's begging for more pics of my .17 Rem.

I mean like "ONE" ,,,,,,,,,,, from myself.

Travis

Pathetic!!!!

On the other hand, "My Beloved" that K22 speaks of has a following of ten's.

[Linked Image]
Boon & Crocket Goffer.
[Linked Image]
Tri Pod
[Linked Image]
Head Shots Only.
[Linked Image]
And,,, questionably the best looking man/gun combo to ever kill a Rock Chuck.
[Linked Image]

You know,,,, the one those booger eatin judges passed over.
And the shades...you forgot to mention points for those shades. cool
Damn FG! You're way better looking than your rifle.

Seriously guys. Enough with the PM's asking for more pics. I'm doing everything I can.

[Linked Image]

Travis
And the shades...you forgot to mention points for those shades. cool

Thank you,,,,, nice to seat least one of the hermaphrodites around here appreciates my beauty and ultra-coolness.

Damn FG! You're way better looking than my rifle.

Travis

True,,, thank you very much.

Better check your pm's. You might be trying to touch yourself,,,,errr,,,,I mean "get" in touch with yourself.
Gotta watch how you take those pics, the sticker on they stock looks like GEY but I know you wouldn't have misspelled gay.
Originally Posted by TWR
the sticker on they stock looks like GEY

grin

Buncha sore losers is all...

Travis

That's absurd. Every woman and gay man that has ever seen me instantly fell in love.

Travis

Maybe.
They quickly lose interest when they see your barrel.
Facts are facts.
Damn FG! You're way better looking than your rifle.

Seriously guys. Enough with the PM's asking for more pics. I'm doing everything I can.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Here is another picture, this one showing how well the 222 mag "The Spatula" outperformed the 17 again...

[Linked Image]

Maybe.
They quickly lose interest when they see your barrel.
Facts are facts.

Shouldn't that be the goal?

Travis

Here is another picture, this one showing how well the 222 mag "The Spatula" outperformed the 17 again...

That rifle is a 22-250...

Travis
Not mine.
I don't want my barrel to be a safe queen, it was made to use.

I don't want my barrel to be a safe queen, it was made to use.

Then I suggest you do something about your face.

Travis

That rifle is a 22-250...

Travis

Exactly, the 17 was too afraid to get out of the trunk...

Travis

My 1999 Remington Classic .17 Rem, compact 3x9 Leupold, I only shoot factory ammo because it works just fine for coyote hunting. I got it sighted-in at 100 yds and called it good, I've never shot a coyote beyond 72 paces (not yds).

It's also my go-to rifle for introducing new shooters to centerfires, the lack of recoil gets 'em hooked every time and leaves them smiling!!

[Linked Image]

In this pic I'm using one of those snap-on camo-covers, it's essential for close-in work in grasslands where the coyotes have been 'educated' by other hunters who didn't know what the hell they were doing.

[Linked Image]

Exactly, the 17 was too afraid to get out of the trunk...

I think we were on our third rifles by the time that pic was snapped.

Travis
Damn! A classic? That is a nice rifle. Too bad it's not mine otherwise you could be in contention. These judges are sticklers ya' know?

Travis
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
'educated' by other hunters who didn't know what the hell they were doing.

You can just refer to them as Texans. We'll know what you mean.

Travis
I'm NEVER selling it!! A local gun-shop had it in the racks in the spring of 2000, nobody else knew what the hell it was for and I snapped it up the second I saw it. I mean I clutched it in a death-grip, it was going home with ME cool
Literally, a classic.

Travis
'educated' by other hunters who didn't know what the hell they were doing.

You can just refer to them as Texans. We'll know what you mean.

Travis

There's much iron in your words, unfortunately. I have to come along and dispose of them, eventually. It's been quite a learning curve to see how sneaky they are after a few local rednecks take pot-shots at them with a .30-30 lever-action from the road.
Thank you. I've kept the shipping box and all of the paperwork for it just because it's a Classic. I've always thought I should get another Classic (particularly the 1994 6.5x55 Swedish, for deer hunting), but I'm afraid I'd want them all, then crazy

Travis

My 1999 Remington Classic .17 Rem, compact 3x9 Leupold, I only shoot factory ammo because it works just fine for coyote hunting. I got it sighted-in at 100 yds and called it good, I've never shot a coyote beyond 72 paces (not yds).

It's also my go-to rifle for introducing new shooters to centerfires, the lack of recoil gets 'em hooked every time and leaves them smiling!!

You're wasting your breath gh. I already submitted the best 700 Classic in 17Rem known to exist and was told it wasn't plastic enough for those bugger picking judges.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I know a guy with that model. It's a shootin' sumbitch too.

Travis
FG! You cannot submit the same rifle twice! The judge's have taken notice.

Travis
What's the story with the barrel on that one? Shoot out the factory barrel or did you have a problem with the factory barrel??
Both. It never did shoot much better than MOA so I screwed a new 22" PN on at somewhere around 200rnds.
It's shootin sumbitch now and handy as can be with the shorter barrel.
This one and the CZ I posted earlier are the two I'd NEVER let go.
Thank you. I've kept the shipping box and all of the paperwork for it just because it's a Classic. I've always thought I should get another Classic (particularly the 1994 6.5x55 Swedish, for deer hunting), but I'm afraid I'd want them all, then crazy

This'll make you cry.
There was a contractor up here that bought two Classic's every year they made them. One for shooting and one NIB for collecting.
A few years ago he was killed in a motorcycle accident and his druggy son's sold em off before he was even cold.
I had a few classics but I got tired of wood stocks and sold them. Stopped in a shop last year and saw about a dozen classics on the rack. I quickly searched them and sure enough the 17Rem and 223 sold the day he set them out.

Then I remembered I didn't like wood stocks anyway...

Remington sure knows how to kill the best of their line.

This'll make you cry.
There was a contractor up here that bought two Classic's every year they made them. One for shooting and one NIB for collecting.
A few years ago he was killed in a motorcycle accident and his druggy son's sold em off before he was even cold.

SOB! My dream is to own the Euro-trifecta of Classics: the 6.5x55, 7x57, and the 8mm Mausers

Here are 4 17's that will beat up all those already posted, they are also in the diminutive 222 Remington Magnum caliber...

[Linked Image]

Then I suggest you do something about your face.
Travis

Don't be jealous, hater.

Here are 4 17's that will beat up all those already posted, they are also in the diminutive 222 Remington Magnum caliber...

[Linked Image]

Subtle. Yet so compelling. Judge(s)???
I want to remind everybody this thread is to stay on topic.

And that topic is me.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Looks like shrapnel just laid down 4 aces.....winning hand?? grin
I know an attractive blonde with exotic numbers that would win this contest hands down. I will try and contact her to see if she is available for a photo op.

Stay tuned....
Originally Posted by twofish
I know an attractive blonde with exotic numbers that would win this contest hands down. I will try and contact her to see if she is available for a photo op.

Stay tuned....

Tell her not to bother.
This thing's crooked'r than Trump's Miss America contest.
FG! You cannot submit the same rifle twice! The judge's have taken notice.

Travis

I wasn't submittin, I was making a point.

Try to focus, will ya?
Tachtickull Twenty....

[Linked Image]

Fast, mysterious and bughole deadly... cool

Not the best setting for a photo but you get the idea. If the judges like I will provide a more fitting portrayal later.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

It's not a .17 Rem?

Travis

Stay tuned....

Here are 2 attractive blondes with exotic numbers, 264 and 222...

[Linked Image]
Whoa, whoa, whoa....

It's not a .17 Rem?

Travis

Oh, was that a requirement??? whistle

Here are 2 attractive blondes with exotic numbers, 264 and 222...

[Linked Image]

Those look awfully foreign.

Travis
Whoa, whoa, whoa....

It's not a .17 Rem?

Travis

Oh, was that a requirement??? whistle

The requirements shift according to submission. But in your case, yes.

Travis
I've done tried running it as an improved 17 Remington but he's pretty quick.

Dave 2016.
I can't believe that victory has been conceded here already.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil rifle calibers is for great rifle calibers to do nothing."

In light of the wisdom rendered above, I shall bravely make a second submission into this epic contest at the risk of yet again being deprived victory.

For the judges approval (whom I am certain are not prejudiced or unfair crazy ), I respectfully submit another "Terrific Twenty" caliber. (This accolade was verified as accurate by small caliber expert Todd Kindler as he saw fit to don it as the title of a book he authored.)

I give you the TooOhFow Roogah...
[Linked Image]

Although I have not yet fired this rifle as it is new to me, I am confident that it will prove superior to the assumed victor in all regards...

(The telescope is on it for upcoming load development so don't even start.... grin )

twofish
.20's? Come on man... At least shrapnel is bringing the validity of a .22 cal.

A .20? They should sell those things right next to the snake oil.

Travis
And how the hell can you load anything on a bench that clean?

Damn. We got standards here.

And how the hell can load anything on a bench that clean?

Damn. We got standards here.

Yes. That bench is disgusting.

Travis
No nude girl calendar anywhere in the background....disgusting.
Been cleaning up and sorting out for the last week or so. I found a lot of schit I did not know I had and lost a lot of other schit I thought I did have.

Call it an inventory check if you like but rest assured that things will follow the laws of nature from order back to disorder in short time.

Snake oil? That's good stuff right...? Gotta be cause those 20's are too cool for school!

Somehow I knew victory was just out of my reach...just a good hunch I guess. cry

Nudy posters??? I got daughters man. Can't have em' thinking their old man is a perve...

Laffin'...

..small caliber expert Todd Kindler as he saw fit to don it as the title of a book he authored.)

I've got a stack of Small Caliber News magazines, Todd Kindler was the dean of small calibers. Is he still kicking around and shooting coyotes??
Yea, he is still around. I don't think he is publishing SCN anymore although he still has the Woodchuck's Den business and is shooting critters and such.

twofish
This thread is about me and my unbeatable rifle. Not Kindler's woodchuck cabin or whatever the [bleep] you guys are talking about.

Travis
...and 222 Magnums!
You SUCK!
There, back on track.
Love,
Slave
...and 222 Magnums!

A big AMEN!
Although we don't have the volume shooting you guys up north have, I've long been a small caliber fan....

[Linked Image]

have the first volume

[Linked Image]

the last volume and everyone in between

even shot a few of his bullets

[Linked Image]

I may be off base but I'm of the opinion that between Charlie Kokesh, Steve Hornady and the media conglomereate that bought SCN (and with whom he probably had to sign a no compete clause) Todd may have gotten a raw deal.
I do know he had signed up to contribute to Precision Shooting about a year before the plug was pulled there.

GWB
Originally Posted by geedubya
Although we don't have the volume shooting you guys up north have, I've long been a small caliber fan....

I may be off base but I'm of the opinion that between Charlie Kokesh, Steve Hornady and the media conglomereate that bought SCN (and with whom he probably had to sign a no compete clause) Todd may have gotten a raw deal.
I do know he had signed up to contribute to Precision Shooting about a year before the plug was pulled there.

GWB

This is my take as well. Hard to tell where it would have gone had Todd stayed in control.
As far as I could tell he had created a good following.

twofish
dubya, that pink dinosaur is a nice touch. It adds some needed class to this thread.
Will a .17 kill a pink mini-dino?

Nice lineup GeeDud. Got a few of those myself.
Does the .17 kill prairie dogs, or coyotes this weekend?

That is the question...

Travis
why not coyotes early, and the rest of the day on rodents?
Originally Posted by huntsman22
why not coyotes early, and the rest of the day on rodents?

I have a book signing in the afternoon.

Travis
And by book signing he means tear a page out of the Monkey Wards catalogue and take his weekly crap.
Being full of chit's one thing but even the flave's gotta empty out once in a while.
And all this time I was thinking it was the spring melt that sent all this water our way and now I come to learn it's because flave lives up stream. I'm giving up fishing.
Had a little visit with BGG today and snapped another pic. You guys can lighten up on the PM's now.

[Linked Image]

Travis
you and BGG varmint hunt out of a Taurus???

That isn't very Montana-ish is it?

and having 4 snow tires doesn't up the manly-ness of it at all... grin
We hunt out of whatever we borrow that day.

Travis
That's pretty high-brow transport for that weaponry. wink grin I would think you would be better served with a Geo Metro, maybe throw on some gumbo mudders up front?
Or you could run Sako's and drive a Defender 90.

[Linked Image]

I can see your reasoning for the Taurus.
That's pretty high-brow transport for that weaponry. wink grin I would think you would be better served with a Geo Metro, maybe throw on some gumbo mudders up front?
Or you could run Sako's and drive a Defender 90.

[Linked Image]

I can see your reasoning for the Taurus.

laugh laugh
Tonka toys? Come on kids. At least try.

Travis

Mostly a Dodge and Sako's chambered in 222 Magnummm...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh Yeah, and an orange sweatshirt hoodie....

[Linked Image]
You can almost feel the awesome in those pics.

Travis
Tonka toys? Come on kids. At least try.

Travis

OK, OK,

[Linked Image]

just as soon as my grandson finishes the wheels, I'm good to go

Best,

GWB
You can almost feel the awesome in those pics.

Travis

Generations of hunters have been successfully shooting from the Oklahoma deerstand. Works on pasture poodles too.
I'll show you guys pics of my 17 Rem, but it's Euro trash and it has a McMillan stock. But I'm ready for any and all criticism...:-)
Sako AI 17 Remmy in a McMillan Hunter stock with 4-12X Leupy....I do have the factory walnut stock stashed away if that helps...pics attached....not a bad chunk of firewood either.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Wow! Now this is an interesting entry. The disgustingness of the euro-trash is contained by the beauty that is the American born company we know as McMillan.

The smell of French body odor is further mitigated by the classic American lines and gold ring of the Leupold.

This could be a real contender here folks. The judges are serving in school suspension today, but when they're freed I will make sure to bring this one to their attention.

I have no sway with them, so take this for what it's worth, but color me impressed.

Travis
I am buying a .17 Rem VS with the H-S Precision stock and detachable magazine. What is the approximate value? Wondering if I got a decent deal or not. I do already have a .17 Rem BDL.
Hell if I know. Just buy it.

Travis
Rembo,

I consulted the judges on your submission. When going through their checklist they noticed you're from Canada so you were disqualified.

Sorry.

Travis
Travis, I did buy it. Lol
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Travis, I did buy it. Lol

That's the spirit.

What kind of DBM?

Travis
I believe is is factory. I didnt know they came that way until i researched it.
For real? Get a camera. We need to see this.

Travis
Yes...
http://www.armslist.com/posts/69857...ort-action-stock-with-h-s--precision-dbm

http://www.armslist.com/posts/12107...-sale--remington-700-vs-17-remington-nib

Not sure if this is a special run or what but here is why I think it might be factory.

[Linked Image]

So is that yellow tow strap between the 2 trucks the Montana way of making sure you boys don't stray too far from the other guys? whistle

and here I only thought they did that exclusively in California... grin

The Dodge drove through the bog, the Chevy didn't make it and we had to drag it to hard ground...

I may have to get this one...

[Linked Image]

yeah,..but,...but,...I lived in Texas a while back,...and I do like visiting down south...even bought a Corvette in Austin once....and my sister in law has a place in Phoenix and my brother has a place in Mesquite Nevada...that's gotta count for something, come on..:-)
(pic taken in New Mexico)
[Linked Image]
View from the cockpit west on Interstate 10 from Austin to El Paso
[Linked Image]

Nice car rembo!

Too bad you lived in Texas. That prompted the judges to deduct another 100 points.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Those Savage 340's are real tack drivers.

Travis
Originally Posted by bigwoods

Factory or not, those single stack mags are bad ass in a bolt gun. Post pics when you get it.

Travis

Too bad you lived in Texas. That prompted the judges to deduct another 100 points.

Should be another -200 for even mentioning Austin let alone having actually been there (on purpose shocked ).

[Linked Image]

Those Savage 340's are real tack drivers.

Travis

Thats a pretty gun!

Should be another -200 for even mentioning Austin let alone having actually been there (on purpose shocked ).

His owning a Corvette that (I assume) he'd let me borrow evened things out.

Travis

Thats a pretty gun!

Thanks ingwe.

Travis
But I don't think its a Savage 340�looks more like an old Parker Hale 1200 Super to me.

Remember, Im an ex-spurt.
If you were an "ex-spurt" you wouldn't still be [bleep]' around with those POS .204's.

Travis
Awesome wood, appears to have spent her life as a safe princess.

[Linked Image]

Save some for me, man!
If you were an "ex-spurt" you wouldn't still be [bleep]' around with those POS .204's.

Travis

Speaking of which, I was thinking about starting my own " My .204 can beat up�.." thread where maybe the men can come and converse.
What is the adage about the highest form of flattery?

Travis
" Imitation is the highest for of flattery"

True enough. The thread would be an imitation of this one, though not an exact one. In a .204 thread we would be discussing a viable varmint cartridge.

grin
Awesome wood, appears to have spent her life as a safe princess.

Just like most sako's whistle

True enough. The thread would be an imitation of this one, though not an exact one. In a .204 thread we would be discussing a viable varmint cartridge.

I hope you end up catching all the STD's I have.

Travis
What the hell is an STD and does it originate in Texas or Florida?

Thanks,,, my Google's broke.
They are a type of disease and I believe they originated in southeast Asia.

Travis
I believe they originated in southeast Asia.

You sure it wasn't Haiti?
Lots of Haitians in Florida.
Could be. I'm not a scientist. I'm a gunbuilder.

Travis
[Linked Image]

So is that yellow tow strap between the 2 trucks the Montana way of making sure you boys don't stray too far from the other guys? whistle

Commonly known as a "Chevy Mud Lanyard".
Most Ford & Dodge 4x4s carry them to help the Chevys out....... grin

I hope you end up catching all the STD's I have.

Travis

I think theres only one way that can happen, and Im not letting you in the back door�.

I think theres only one way that can happen, and Im not letting you in the back door�.

Let?

You crack me up.

Travis
But it can't beat up my FireBall. Pfouuuck the judges.

[Linked Image]
A Fireball.... My ribs hurt from laughter.

Travis
And its Euro-trash to boot. Don't push out a 'roid.
Originally Posted by PaleRider
[Linked Image]

Commonly known as a "Chevy Mud Lanyard".
Most Ford & Dodge 4x4s carry them to help the Chevys out....... grin

I assumed the Chevy was towing the Dodge out closer to the action.

Mini-'flavette (one of the judges by the way) is unimpressed by euro-trash.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Speaking of which, I was thinking about starting my own " My .204 can beat up�.." thread where maybe the men can come and converse. [/quote]

Don't you mean "17 Improved"...... whistle
You peasants can slum those .204's all you want.

They'll never be a .17, and they'll sure as hell never be a .224.

FieldGrade,

You better jump on these mini-mags while you can. We were burning them up at the 100 today:
[Linked Image]

Dave
Save me a box if ya can but it's no biggy if the "judges" burn em up. I still have a few.
I didn't even know they sold Mini Mags in bulk packs and I live right down the road from CCI. Course I don't don't get out much:) That's sure the way to buy em though.

Mini-'flavette (one of the judges by the way) is unimpressed by euro-trash.

Travis

Of course I withdraw my entry. A young lady of such beauty should not be subject to the vagrancies of Euro-trash.
Save me a box if ya can but it's no biggy if the "judges" burn em up. I still have a few.
I didn't even know they sold Mini Mags in bulk packs and I live right down the road from CCI. Course I don't don't get out much:) That's sure the way to buy em though.

We got a case of them. One is reserved for FG.

Travis

Of course I withdraw my entry. A young lady of such beauty should not be subject to the vagrancies of Euro-trash.

That child is cold as ice. I mean COLD.

Travis
Got a couple of Dooney and Bourke bags laying around that will win her over to team Fireball.

Hey Travis

I dare you...

whistle
Holy moly... I'd be a brass losin' sumbitch with that rig.

Travis
My thoughts exactly.
Hey Travis

How long's it bee since ya' took a Dino with that big ol' 17 Rem?

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Gopher season is upon us. Chunks shall fly, critters will die.

GFY.

Travis
Went to the groundhog factory this morning but cold weather kept them down. First time I was ever skunked there. < head held low in shame >

Will make amends next week.
Surely the AR shooters can purchase brass catchers of some kind for those self-shuckers?

I think the Fireball entry has merit and respectfully ask the judges to revisit that machine. RL7 and 40 grainers are the ticket in a Fireball. Not that you sand chucking 17 shooters care.

GFY.

Travis

April 5-6 marks the official opener, there are few that will be lucky enough to participate in this carnage...
Hey 'flave, if it hasn't dried up anymore between now and then, and your Taurus won't make it, let me and Nash know..... wink We can pick you up somewhere along the way...

[Linked Image]

Ben
Dang Ben,,,, it looks like someone flung Cow poo all over your soccer mom "SUV". smile

GFY.

Travis

April 5-6 marks the official opener, there are few that will be lucky enough to participate in this carnage...

Anybody without a .222 Rem Mag will have to walk alongside the vehicle.

Travis
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Hey 'flave, if it hasn't dried up anymore between now and then, and your Taurus won't make it, let me and Nash know..... wink We can pick you up somewhere along the way...

I only use the Taurus to drive to BGG's house. I prefer he burn all his fuel after I arrive.

Travis
How do you get Shrapnel out of BGG...
How do you get Shrapnel out of BGG...

Because I would never try and gouge shrapnel.

Travis
I do have to apologize for all the times I slapped the back of your head, reprimanding you for not having a Sako 222 mag...
No big deal. The coma only lasted a couple days and the doctors say the fracture is healing nicely.

Travis
Deflave....I got the .17 rem finally. It does not have a dbm like I thought. It is matte finish, 26" barrel, engraved reciever, hs stock and a jeweled bolt. I'm not sure if it is the special model 700vs made for Zanders or not. If it is then there were only 300 or 500 made from what I've found. I will try to get a pic sometime.
Shot the .17 a little after buying a box of 20gr Remington factory shells. Shot right at 3/4". Not bad but should do better with some handloads and heavier bullets. Btw.....the barrel is 24", not 26".
They'll usually shoot! Get some pics of that thing. I'd like to see it.

Travis
Well, here it is. Im still not 100% what model it is. 700VS is what I'm guessing. I have a BDL with the scroll engraving, sights, gloss bluing and gloss wood stock so I do know what they look like.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Whatever it is, it is badass.

Congrats.

Travis
Thanks. I'm trying to decide to keep this or the BDL I have loads worked up for. I'm leaning toward this gun and throw a straight 12x Leupold Target I have laying around on it. Maybe I will do some load developement and then choose. The BDL shoots real well.
Hard to sell a BDL that shoots.

Travis
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[URL=http://s631.photobucket.com/user/tnkmaniez/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140616_212337_zps801e8151.jpg.html][Linked Image][/URL

Well, I stripped it down, blasted it with aluminimum oxide media and recoated it with matte black Alumahide ll. I hit it a couple times with One Shot cleaner until it was clean. I put it all back together with a 4200 2.5-10x40, bought some 20gr Vmax bullets and some CFE223 powder. I finally got around to loading a few rounds to try today. I am not sure to rejewell the bolt or coat it matte black as well. Shot well enough to tinker on it a bit more. Maybe a smaller target knob on the bolt handle too? Looks like 27gr of CFE223 will be the ticket. Should be around 4400fps.

B-Dub,

That's a very nice .17 you have there. Of course mine does that with three different weights and brands of bullets so mine is still king.

Very nice regardless.

Travis
B-Dub,

That's a very nice .17 you have there. Of course mine does that with three different weights and brands of bullets so mine is still king.

Very nice regardless.

Travis

Possibly a contender, but that was before I got the Holy Grail of 17's...

[Linked Image]
B-Dub,

Very nice regardless.

Travis

And is why I read more than post ; ) Thank you for the help in the past. Next I will try the 28gr Calhoons and the 30gr Kindler Golds. I have quite a few powders to use if need be but I'm digging the CFE223 so far. I found a shop yesterday that has some 22gr Calhoons, 25gr Hornadys and some 25gr Bergers yet as well.
I'm always full of advice so let me give you some more...

CFE223 is a fine powder but you should try 24gr's of IMR 4320, the Remington 7 1/2, and either a 25gr V-Max or 20gr. V-Max. That load typically shoots UBER good in UBER everything.

Also, you should stop whatever you're doing right now and go buy all of those .17 cal bullets. As in... immediately.

Travis

Possibly a contender, but that was before I got the Holy Grail of 17's...

That is a fine looking rifle but I believe Sako's are made in France and therefore your entry is inadmissible.

Sorry.

If it makes you feel any better you can punch me in the stomach this Friday.

Travis
I may not be able to make it...
I may not be able to make it...

You mean I loaded up all 75 bullets for nothin'?

Travis
I had a full box of bullets myself...
© 24hourcampfire