Home
Posted By: JustLucky 1 less skunk - 10/20/14
Phew!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 1 less skunk - 10/20/14
Ahhhhh...... The outdoors finest perfume.

Posted By: laker Re: 1 less skunk - 10/21/14
I actually don't mind the smell of skunk
Posted By: navlav8r Re: 1 less skunk - 10/21/14
Originally Posted by laker

Do you tend to have a stopped up nose?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: 1 less skunk - 10/21/14

Me either.

When I catch a Skunk I shoot em in the lungs and let em stink up the trap site. I have to wait until the next day to reset but after that, it's tolerable.
Posted By: hunterjrg Re: 1 less skunk - 10/22/14
Shot this one a couple weeks ago. I walked by the spot I shot it on Saturday and it still smelled.
1 less skunk in my woods too

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JustLucky Re: 1 less skunk - 10/25/14
It is good to know that others have the same skunk problem. I think the mate of the one I just shot is hanging around looking for it. I have smelled it close a couple of times this past week.

It stinks after being shot, but less that when the dog, or me, or both of us get sprayed.

Nice ar in the picture above by the way. I just use a 10/22 with a hollow point bullet. But, I like my 10/22 enough not to get it that close.

I only seem to see skunks at night. The laser on my 22 is perfect for this.
Posted By: 222ai Re: 1 less skunk - 10/28/14
Driving around in pastures for 36 years I ran over 1 that was in thick weeds did not know it until I got out of the truck to pick up a yote I shot open the door and wow parked the truck at my place put bleach in a bowl in the floorboard 2 weeks before I drove it again. And i use it for cover scent so having your back tire on 1 isn't the same
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: 1 less skunk - 10/28/14

Me either, fond trapping memories from my youth whenever I catch a whiff of skunk.
© 24hourcampfire