Home
Posted By: whelennut Calling all coyotes - 01/22/16
I just watched a three hour dvd and there was not one single scene of hunting them at night with a shotgun.
We have snow on the ground and the moon is pretty bright.
Does anybody have success with this method?
whelennut
Posted By: TWR Re: Calling all coyotes - 01/22/16
I used to kill quite a few at night with a red light and a shotgun. They came in easier at first but it didn't take long before the smart ones started circling downwind out of shotgun range.

I'd certainly give it a try. Two guys back to back, keeping the light above their eye level seemed to work best for us. Started going to Texas with a rifle and gave up shotguns. If we had snow and a full moon, I'd give it a go again.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Calling all coyotes - 01/23/16
Go to YouTube and search foxpros furtakers.

Plenty of night hunting videos from those fellas
whelen, I had a friend in W. Va. that used to night hunt for foxes with a good call, his 4 wheeler and a red light.. He used a shotgun and had great success..
Posted By: Diablero Re: Calling all coyotes - 01/24/16
I've hunted with a red light at night for the last 25+ years and have killed hundreds of them that way... Leave the shotgun at home and take a rifle because the first coyote or fox that comes in and sets down and looks at you from about a 100 yards out you will wish you had brought the rifle..Been there done that....Good luck to you...
Posted By: whelennut Re: Calling all coyotes - 01/24/16
Thank you gentlemen. I will give it a whirl tonight.
Posted By: erich Re: Calling all coyotes - 01/24/16
When I live in MN we weren't allowed to use a light and shot them on the snow on moonlit nights. Back then it was almost all fox up around DL. We used a shot gun. We hunter a lot of cattail marshes.
© 24hourcampfire