Home
Posted By: Ky221 In your lap bobcat - 12/09/18
This good sized male closed to within 20 yards and directly behind me before I figured out he was there. I can’t beleive he let me turn around and still shoulder a rifle......a 55g blitzing up close ain’t exactly fur friendly. Taxidermist said he could still salvage it no problemo, so it till be another fur in the house lol. One of the prettier cats I’ve taken. A spot pattern and color on the back that I’ve never seen before around here.

..I gotta stop with these cats; Taxidermy starting to get on the expensive side.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/09/18
Congrats. Nice spots.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/09/18
Nice cat !!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18
That is a nice looking cat.
Posted By: kingston Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18
Nice cat 221!
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18
Very nice.... Congrats!

Looks like a Carver Call?

If so..... Kerry makes good calls, and he’s an awesome guy. I’ve got one that looks just like that... from WAY before he started mass producing them.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18
Thanks gentleman

DS- yea it a carver. I’ve got a bunch of his. They just work! Kerry knows how highly I think of his calls.

Btw. I wasn’t able to get on campfire all week until a day or so ago. Everytime I tried to login to get your payment address for the crit r calls. The pop ups wouldn’t allow me.

Are there still any available ?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18

Congrats!
A turkey hunter was actually jumped by a bobcat while calling several years ago here in PA....
Posted By: Santiam Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18
Calling cats is my passion...Congrats...
Posted By: rong Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/10/18
Nice kitty,
how many you average per year?
Posted By: Ky221 Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/11/18
Cats kinda tickle my fancy as well

Rong- I don’t go calling much due to work and other obligations, I probably get out less than 20x a season for calling.

We can only kill 5 cats here in KY per season, 3 of which can be taken by gun, 2 by trap...I call 3-4 a year. I fair better on cats than I do coyotes. I think it’s the way I hunt. I call the areas I grouse hunt..... thick, brushy, deep hollows, etc etc.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: In your lap bobcat - 12/11/18
Originally Posted by Ky221
Thanks gentleman

DS- yea it a carver. I’ve got a bunch of his. They just work! Kerry knows how highly I think of his calls.

Btw. I wasn’t able to get on campfire all week until a day or so ago. Everytime I tried to login to get your payment address for the crit r calls. The pop ups wouldn’t allow me.

Are there still any available ?

Yeah man.... I’ve got one kit set aside for you.

I like Kerry’s Calls a lot..... they’re easily my SECOND favorite call... laffin.
© 24hourcampfire