Home
Posted By: FieldGrade 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/05/19
I'm surprised nobody's beat me to it by now.

[Linked Image]
I was gonna....but had no dead critters!

Nice coon.

Make you a fine hat!
I don't skin Coon anymore Jim.....the last one's I sold fetched $8....and that's when prices were up.
This one was trying to get in my crawl space so he had to go.....see my thread in Rural living.
rat shot works.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T_Inman Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/11/19
Good times in college with .22 rat shot and flies on the wall and if enough beer was involved (which was usually the case), regular 40 grain bullets.

Miss those days.

Got a few coyote pictures to hang, but have to wait till I get back to my computer. I have no idea how to do it from my phone.
Postimages.org makes it pretty easy to do from the communicator
Shot a fox today on the move with my 257 bob. Dead right there ......

I led him and he just flopped . It hit his throat.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13442778#Post13442778
Posted By: Judman Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/12/19
Wish we had fox around here, cool critters
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/15/19
This morning. Rio7

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/15/19
got into a nest of em Sunday. Left one mangy behind for the worms and buzzards.

[Linked Image]DSCN1433 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/15/19
Hell of a nest TRnCO.
Posted By: bbassi Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/16/19
Beautiful pales TR. Any idea what they are bringing up there this year? Just curious.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/16/19
Just sold yesterday and my avg. for the season is right under $40/ea. in the round. This last batch all brought $40/ea.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/16/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/16/19
[Linked Image]

Yesterday 3 cats and a coyote.Rio7
[Linked Image]

This morning. Rio7
Very cool Blue!

Good to see the Song Dog Jr. call getting some play. That call, and some old style Magnums will be our next “Special” for ‘fire members.
Dogshooter, It works called in a double this morning, got the male, didn't get a shot at the female. only had time for 1 stand.. Blue
Ky221, that's a pretty bobcat. spots up on the back is rare in my part of the country. That's a top dollar hide.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/17/19
Old man- the last couple I’ve killed have been like that. Here’s one from a few weeks ago with similar markings.

[Linked Image]
Nice looking cat KY,what caliber you shooting?
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/17/19
Thanks pal. .223
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/17/19
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image]

This morning. Rio7

What caliber is the 673?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/17/19
ingwe, Bought it from the guy at the feed store, 6.5 Rem. mag.shoots good after bedding it. Rio7
ingwe, Bought it from the guy at the feed store, 6.5 Rem. mag.shoots good after bedding it. Rio7

I was going to say, that rifle looked familiar. grin

Good to see you're stretching it's legs. What bullet did you settle on?

Ed
I am fixing to go shoot a bunch of roosters.

Stand by one.....
The reason for all the killin......is the band aid above young Daniel's eye.

[Linked Image]

Eight bantam roosters in the bag and one full size rooster.
Ain’t there a Zac Brown Song about that?
Young Daniel get attacked?
Yep. All of the kids have been scratched by a rooster at some point.

This time is was a bantam rooster. The big one was already marked for death.....so since I was at it I got em all.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

I was going to say, that rifle looked familiar. grin

Good to see you're stretching it's legs. What bullet did you settle on?

Ed

Ed, is that the rifle you and Miles bedded? Belonged to the long tall fellow, damn cant think of his name. IIRC, when I left, we had found a load it seemed to like, but just didn't shoot as good as it should. Miles told me yall bedded it and it shot good.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

This time is was a bantam rooster. The big one was already marked for death.....so since I was at it I got em all.

You did good!

JC, there is a story about a 12 yr old boy, a mean rooster, a genuine $1 knife, and a killing that took place one day. But, that's for another thread.

Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/02/19
Got into em again yesterday. Only left one behind with mange, but also left one of these behind because he was badly rubbed. Guess season is about over.

[Linked Image]007 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Got a fox this morning,
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13521530#Post13521530

[Linked Image]

Ronnie
Shotgunned at 10 yards.... called in with a Crit’R Call “Itsy Bitsy”....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Judman Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/02/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: fredIII Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Shotgunned at 10 yards.... called in with a Crit’R Call “Itsy Bitsy”....

[Linked Image]

That one rides in the binocular pack
[Linked Image]

Olympic Peninsula bobcat that came to a cougar calling stand a few days ago using a mix of Rainshadow lion vocals and prey sound. My son shot it at 35 yards. I'm not sure why bobcats come to cougar vocals but we've had at least half a dozen come in to such calls. This one approached in heavy shadowed old growth forest but went straight to a spot of bright sunlight and sat up, making a sudden display of white chest and belly. It acted like it wanted other cats to see it.

This is a typical coastal Washington State cat, orange under fur and quite a bit of orange showing, with no spots on side nor back. Tom that weighed a little over 24 lbs. on a scale after losing a lot of blood.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Okanagan
[Linked Image]

Olympic Peninsula bobcat that came to a cougar calling stand a few days ago using a mix of Rainshadow lion vocals and prey sound. My son shot it at 35 yards. I'm not sure why bobcats come to cougar vocals but we've had at least half a dozen come in to such calls. This one approached in heavy shadowed old growth forest but went straight to a spot of bright sunlight and sat up, making a sudden display of white chest and belly. It acted like it wanted other cats to see it.

This is a typical coastal Washington State cat, orange under fur and quite a bit of orange showing, with no spots on side nor back. Tom that weighed a little over 24 lbs. on a scale after losing a lot of blood.

Big sucker! Wow!
Originally Posted by TRnCO
got into a nest of em Sunday. Left one mangy behind for the worms and buzzards.

[Linked Image]DSCN1433 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

Looks like a heck of a morning with the coyote call!
[Linked Image]

Coon from today’s dog walk, trying to figure out how to post on my iPhone
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/04/19
[Linked Image]

It's that time of year in S. Texas, they'er pairing up. Rio7
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/05/19
[Linked Image]

OH $$HIT !! Rio7
[Linked Image]

OH $$HIT !! Rio7

That is a really cool photo.
[Linked Image]

OH $$HIT !! Rio7

Did you happen to notice a roadrunner near by?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/05/19
boy, talk about being in a per....dick...erment!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/06/19
[Linked Image]

Might be the biggest Bobcat I have ever called in and killed Rio7
[Linked Image]

Critter Calls working good on cats and coyotes, think coyote just ate something big, couldn't have been hungry. Rio7
[Linked Image]

My dog AKA (Smoke), spotted this guy for me, need all the help I can get. Rio7
TRnCO, That was strange, but I did kill a coyote in a tree a few years ago, wish i had a picture of it. Rio7
[Linked Image]

OH $$HIT !! Rio7

What's the story behind that pic ?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/07/19
Dennis, We tore out the old fence that was 30 years old built new, guess he couldn't find a way under so he decided to climb it. didn't work out to well for him. Rio7

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/09/19
found a few more yesterday.
[Linked Image]IMG_0011 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Dang you're racking them up again.

How many for the season so far ?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/09/19
that makes 88
Posted By: 222ai Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/13/19
Great calling and pic TR....88 and i bet more since this post. You said the Revolt was awsome. What make and caliber is that rifle?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/13/19
17-204 with lilja barrel built on Rem 700 action, jewell trigger
Posted By: 222ai Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/13/19
That's a great looking combo!!
[Linked Image]

OH $$HIT !! Rio7

Was the coyote coming or going?
Posted By: Seafire Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/16/19
Randy, I am sure it was GOING to that big coyote playground in the sky....
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/18/19
Was checking the cows yesterday afternoon, and knowing that coyotes like to hang close to cattle, took my rifle and call along. This was the result....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: angler Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/20/19
Nice work fellow hunters. I'd love to hunt coyotes one day.
In Europe we do not have them, but we have something similar called jackal. They, together with foxes, make huge damage to small game and on roe deers.
My shot from January 1 this year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is how jackalt looks compared to a fox.

[Linked Image]
That’s awesome! What rifle/cartridge are you shooting?
Tnx wink That was my first jackals ever, but many foxes beafor it. I use .223 Remington. Rifle is Interarms Mark X MZ .223rem or Zastava m85.
Ammo I use is Fiocchy 55gr EPN (Vmax) or sometimes Hornady Super Performans Vmax 53gr.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/20/19
Good job angler. Do you call the jackals in? I knew they were in Africa, but didn't know about Europe.
They are know as Golden jackal. Its simular to Africans jackal but not the same. European has shorter ears and tail.
Sometimes we call them in, sometimes we are lamping, sometimes we hunt by waiting on some convenient places.
African jackal
[Linked Image]

Golden jackal
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/21/19
Those jackals look pretty much interchangeable with a coyote. Pretty cool.
Posted By: Terryk Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/21/19
Originally Posted by angler
They are know as Golden jackal. Its simular to Africans jackal but not the same. European has shorter ears and tail.
Sometimes we call them in, sometimes we are lamping, sometimes we hunt by waiting on some convenient places.
African jackal
[Linked Image]

Golden jackal
[Linked Image]

You deserve some rakia! Can you shoot vlk (byk)?
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/21/19
African jackal
[Linked Image]

Golden jackal
[Linked Image]

Always amazes me how much the Golden Jackals look like our coyotes...
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/21/19
I have called and killed a number of the African Jackals...

[Linked Image]

And a bunch of our coyotes, both in the northern states and Texas.
Posted By: angler Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/22/19
@ingwe: You have very beautiful rifle.

Some of foxes which I have shoot in november 2018th.

One male fox at 150m or 492 feet.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The other one at 182m or 597 feet. My farthest hit so far on fox.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Terryk
[quote=angler]

Tnx smile vlk (byk)?I did not understand you completely.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/22/19
angler...NICE!

Of all the hunting Ive done, I've never shot a red fox! What rifle/cartridge are you shooting for them?

Have shot a lot of Grey Fox..here is one nights calling last month in Texas..

[Linked Image]
@ingwe: Nice work, well done, 7 foxes for one night is awersome.
Our (2 frends I hunt whit and mine) highest score is 4 foexes and 1 jackal.
I use .223 Remington. Ammo I use is Fiocchi 55gr EPN or Hornady 53/55rg Vm,ax. Rifle is Interarms Mark X MZ .223rem equipped with Schmidt&Bender Zenith 3-12x50 FD.
What do you use?
Posted By: Terryk Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/22/19

[quote=angler]

I thought byk is vuk or wolf. Here is the US Atlantic states we do not have wolves. Our coyotes are said to have a little wolf blood, and are bigger than western coyotes. I looked up wolves and it said they were not protected in Serbia.
My folks always told me wolves were an issue for sheep herders in Slovakia. And naturally the folk tales and Slavic symbols of the wolf are in my mind, but I never saw one in the wild.
Same for red deer, and wild boars, we don't have them here in Pennsylvania. We do have red and grey fox. Red live near field, and grey like woods.

And this will disturb you. Here in the US it is illegal to make distilled liqueur like rakia. It is legal to make wine and beer, but federal law prohibits liqueur unless you start a business. It can be bought, but not made legally.
oh вук is vuk or wolf smile just diferent leathers, cyrillic and latin alphabet.
I know it is illegal to make distilled liqueur in the US, just like in moste of EU to. In Serbia production is allowed for personal needments.
If you wish to sale rakia than you need to star business to. But no one controls us what our needs are. Ban on making rakia will caus same thing like weapons registration in US smile It would be a general rebellion.

Yes we have wolfs in Serbia and they are legal to hunt. In part of country whet I live, which is called Vojvodina (norht of river Danube), we dont have wolfs because it is a plain part of the country.
In part of the country south of the Danube river ther is wolfs. Usually they live high in the mountains, but in the winter they go down to the countryside and cause damage to livestock.
Hunting wolf is very demanding and much harder than hunting jackals, foxes and bears.
would you like to read about our law on weapons and ammunition?
Angler-
Very interesting reading about your hunting in Serbia. I was unaware of the jackels in the the Balkan states. I currently live in Germany and I would love to learn more about your hunting and gun laws in your country.

-Jon
[Linked Image]

-Jake
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/22/19
@ingwe: Nice work, well done, 7 foxes for one night is awersome.
Our (2 frends I hunt whit and mine) highest score is 4 foexes and 1 jackal.
I use .223 Remington. Ammo I use is Fiocchi 55gr EPN or Hornady 53/55rg Vm,ax. Rifle is Interarms Mark X MZ .223rem equipped with Schmidt&Bender Zenith 3-12x50 FD.
What do you use?

Sounds like a near perfect outfit!

I shoot a lot of different ones. My favorite for saving fur is the .222 in the picture and plain Hornady 50 grain soft points. 3x9 Hawke scope.

Second favorite is a .223AI shooting either 55 grain gold dots or 60 gr Nosler Ballistic tips...slowed down...

This is it on another night in Texas with 3 coyotes a fox and a bobcat...scope is SIG Whiskey 3x9

[Linked Image]

I also enjoy your stories of hunting in Serbia...keep them coming!

[quote=angler]

I thought byk is vuk or wolf. Here is the US Atlantic states we do not have wolves. Our coyotes are said to have a little wolf blood, and are bigger than western coyotes. I looked up wolves and it said they were not protected in Serbia.
My folks always told me wolves were an issue for sheep herders in Slovakia. And naturally the folk tales and Slavic symbols of the wolf are in my mind, but I never saw one in the wild.
Same for red deer, and wild boars, we don't have them here in Pennsylvania. We do have red and grey fox. Red live near field, and grey like woods.

And this will disturb you. Here in the US it is illegal to make distilled liqueur like rakia. It is legal to make wine and beer, but federal law prohibits liqueur unless you start a business. It can be bought, but not made legally.

TerryK I work in Kosice. I have seen wolves up near the High Tatras. One of the Slovak guys tells me he hunts wolves right outside of Kosice. He has shown me some pictures. I wish I could hunt while I am there. Slovakia is a beautiful country
Posted By: angler Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/23/19
In order not to spoil topic, I decided to make a special topic to deal with laws and rules about hunting, shooting, guns and ammo in different countries in Europe.
Topic about laws and ruls in Europe
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/23/19
It was all about the pairs yesterday. Had a 4th pair coming but the fickle wind saved their hides. They were really vocal until about 1:30. After that I didn't hear or see another coyote.
[Linked Image]IMG_0018 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Posted By: Terryk Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/23/19
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

[quote=Terryk][quote=angler]

TerryK I work in Kosice. I have seen wolves up near the High Tatras. One of the Slovak guys tells me he hunts wolves right outside of Kosice. He has shown me some pictures. I wish I could hunt while I am there. Slovakia is a beautiful country

Very cool to hear of the wolves in Kosice. Kosice is my father's homeland. I guess there was a village there called Kelly. My uncle was named Kelly after the village. I think the village may have been erased by war.
Both of my grandparent left after being conscripted by Austrian Hungarian army. In my childhood they talked of wolves and the hard winters. The importance of carrying an axe (valashka) for protection. Naturally those vivid thoughts stay with me.
I was out today looking for coyote sign, and did not find any. The snow is pretty crusty so I think they don't leave prints. Smaller deer left mini poop on top, but there hoof did not cut the crust like the bigger deer. I was also on a bigger mission because a farmer I know had 11 cows bust through a fence. He is still missing 4, so my buddy and I scoped out that forest hoping to find the missing heifers.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

[quote=Terryk][quote=angler]

Very cool to hear of the wolves in Kosice. Kosice is my father's homeland. I guess there was a village there called Kelly. My uncle was named Kelly after the village. I think the village may have been erased by war.
Both of my grandparent left after being conscripted by Austrian Hungarian army. In my childhood they talked of wolves and the hard winters. The importance of carrying an axe (valashka) for protection. Naturally those vivid thoughts stay with me.
I was out today looking for coyote sign, and did not find any. The snow is pretty crusty so I think they don't leave prints. Smaller deer left mini poop on top, but there hoof did not cut the crust like the bigger deer. I was also on a bigger mission because a farmer I know had 11 cows bust through a fence. He is still missing 4, so my buddy and I scoped out that forest hoping to find the missing heifers.

I'll be back in Kosice next month. I miss eating Halusky
It was all about the pairs yesterday. Had a 4th pair coming but the fickle wind saved their hides. They were really vocal until about 1:30. After that I didn't hear or see another coyote.

Geez, the fur on those coyotes is beautiful. Those would make a really nice coat for somebody....

Bob
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/24/19

Those are some REALLY nice pales...even up here we only get a " Montana Pale" about every one in ten....

Cool beans...
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/24/19

Congrats. I've never seen a truck load of pretty pale dogs like that
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/24/19
Totally awesome dogs.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 02/24/19
as nice as they look they might avg. $20/ea. Just too late in the season and they are all past prime.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I have called and killed a number of the African Jackals...

[Linked Image]

And a bunch of our coyotes, both in the northern states and Texas.

Tell me about the rifle. I can't tell if it's a petite small bore or you're a pretty big guy?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/05/19
ugliest triple ever right here. I called em in but I didn't even shoot. This was my partners 1st unassisted triple. YUCK!!!
[Linked Image]IMG_0022 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Posted By: bbassi Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/05/19
[Linked Image]

191lbs was only good enough for 2nd place in the local stink dog derby. Our biggest was 46.4lbs and we lost $300 to a 47.8 lb mutt in the big dog division. Still lots of fun and respectable for late season eastern coyotes.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/05/19
A 46.4 coyote is still a good size one. I wouldn't be disappointed with the results.
[Linked Image]

Finally drew blood with my 44 special.

The lighting in the picture is the head light on my snowmobile.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/13/19
Poor porky............... laugh

Not a lot of quills on that tail.
I thought so too, until I looked a lot closer.

That little sucker is haired up! Hair is three or four inches longer than the quills.

I may have shot it in the tail once though.....it was like 40 yards away and moving out!
Posted By: bbassi Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/13/19
You can sell that hair for native head dresses Jim. They bring pretty good money I hear.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/14/19
I thought so too, until I looked a lot closer.

That little sucker is haired up! Hair is three or four inches longer than the quills.

I may have shot it in the tail once though.....it was like 40 yards away and moving out!

That's really long hair, pretty cold winter, bullet was a close shave..................................yuk, yuk.
We were both surprised.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/14/19
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/15/19
Gunna make pork chops KY? Those look like good eater size.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/15/19

Originally Posted by Prwlr
Gunna make pork chops KY? Those look like good eater size.

That’s actually what we had for dinner Tuesday evening.

No shortage of chops, sausage, ham, or roasts in the Ky221 household

Gophers is finally out...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Shrapnel: Good job "painting the snow" there, Montana style.
What caliber was that Varmint dispensed with?
I have only shot a few on the snow here so far.
Winter is simply hanging on like mad here in SW.
Keep after'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Shrapnel: Good job "painting the snow" there, Montana style.
What caliber was that Varmint dispensed with?
I have only shot a few on the snow here so far.
Winter is simply hanging on like mad here in SW.
Keep after'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The Vaporizer is a Weatherby Lazermark in 224 Weatherby magnum...
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/16/19
got on a new ranch yesterday. Rancher told me that he counted 12 while out doing choirs about a week ago. He said he might've seen one or two twice. But I didn't get more than 2 miles from his house all day and saw 11, shot at 10, and killed 9.
[Linked Image]IMG_0028 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image]IMG_0029 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image]IMG_0030 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image]IMG_0032 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image]IMG_0046 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
And #9 on her way in. Was coming nice and easy so decided to take a few pics as she came. Believe me, she died.
[Linked Image]IMG_0037 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7905/33518024378_fc92279c05_c.jpg[/img]IMG_0040 by Tim Richard, on [bleep]

gophers with 45-70...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lvmiker Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/16/19
Just in time for calving, good work. What is your single day record?

mike r

Lots of people will make claims of big numbers, but when you get the clicker out and really see what your tally is, it will surprise you that you don't hit as many as you shoot at. This is the best day in recent history, 408 confirmed kills and 34 that were at least 2 and sometimes up to 5 in one shot...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Baby killer.
Baby killer.

Actually this was more like Mai Lai, Viet Nam...
Whats the green stuff all around the dead Critters?
Used to know a guy who would sneak up to a mound and cluster bomb it with a 12 gauge once the baby gophers started playing around.

I never did care for that.

I preferred to make them orphans so they could starve to death slowly........ frown
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/17/19
Used to know a guy who would sneak up to a mound and cluster bomb it with a 12 gauge once the baby gophers started playing around.

I preferred to make them orphans so they could starve to death slowly........ frown

Had to spend some time cleaning up keyboard on that one. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/17/19
Just in time for calving, good work. What is your single day record?
I'm guessing this was directed to me since it doesn't matter if gophers are shot just before calving season, maybe it does in MT grin My best day to date was 13 on a solo hunt. And I didn't need a clicker to keep track. whistle Primarily because I have enough fingers and toes for countin' that high.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Lots of people will make claims of big numbers, but when you get the clicker out and really see what your tally is, it will surprise you that you don't hit as many as you shoot at. This is the best day in recent history, 408 confirmed kills and 34 that were at least 2 and sometimes up to 5 in one shot...

[Linked Image]

This is something me and Shrapnel agree wholeheartedly on...you miss more than you think and kill scores are often not near as high as you think. We quit with the counting years ago because it always averaged very close to a 65% shot to kill ratio. ( My partner is better than me....) but that being said the count in Shraps pic would be damn close to a 1,000 day...

Fun times!
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/18/19
Gratuitous beaver shot
[Linked Image]
FBI load to the noggin via Chief special while he was swimming down stream.
Noice!
Managed one scarred up male yesterday. Glasses him up from about a mile out.... put on a good sneak to about 1/4 mile and called him in to about 150 with the Crit’R Call Clear PeeWee. 108 ELD outta the Tikka 6 Creed.... didn’t exit... but he got trucked.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bbassi Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/19/19
TR, Great day! Were any worth pealing?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/19/19
the short answer is No, none worth pealing. Only two were mange free, and one of them was rubbed pretty bad and the other had most of his guard hair broke off.

Took the "new to me" Sako 223 Mannlicher out for a ride to shoot snow gophers. It got a few...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Finally got some good enough weather East of us to get some rabbits, It has been a slow year for the bunnies...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/20/19
You shooting rabbits in Florida Shrap?
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Eikhunternm - Is that a Parker-Hale rifle. Looks just like my old .243! Thanks.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Not just the first gophers of the year....but the first gophers ever for the kids.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 03/31/19
Only one first. Congrats to the small ones!
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/01/19
Way to learn them early, Jim.
Not just the first gophers of the year....but the first gophers ever for the kids.

Great stuff Jim !!

Kudos
Posted By: 44mc Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/02/19
good for the kids jim

New Sako out for a walk...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/03/19
That is beautiful. What caliber?
Posted By: drover Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/03/19
That has to be Photoshopped.

How can you hit something that small with a wood stocked rifle that does not have a free-floated barrel, has a barrel band which ruins harmonics, is equipped with a scope that does not have exposed turrets, and is chambered in some obsolete caliber? It probably does not have pillars or is even glass-bedded.

drover

It is a Sako 222 mag with a rare Mannlicher stock in a rifle length barrel...
Seek help.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/04/19
very nice.

And another one...

[Linked Image]
Ass shot him.

You using solids?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/05/19
crap...just blew coffee out my nose.

TFF
Just put a load of no.12 bird shot into this garter snake.

Of course he was in the basement. Wife is pissed because she was covering the Bean's ears when I shot.

[Linked Image]

Nothing like a head shot with an accurate gun...

[Linked Image]
Jim Conrad, you crack me up. I would love to buy you some beers and laugh while doing so!
Posted By: hanco Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/20/19
Knocked out a few piggies the last two days!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/21/19
Way to whack em and stack em, hanco.
Posted By: fredIII Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/22/19
Dogshooter is selling the secret fellas.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A friend, that I use to hunt pigs with, called this morning with a report. Seems he and another friend have gotten a new trap for hogs. Its the Jager Pro system. They set it up at the same spot where we built, but have since moved, a pen trap last spring. In the last 10 or so days, they have caught 32 pigs/hogs.

This same friend killed 40+ (I forget the exact number) pigs/hogs in this same area, last fall.

Total for the last 6 months or so is 70+ pigs/hogs.

Said he will send some pics.... when I get them, I'll post'em.
Posted By: hanco Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 04/26/19
Originally Posted by Oldman3
A friend, that I use to hunt pigs with, called this morning with a report. Seems he and another friend have gotten a new trap for hogs. Its the Jager Pro system. They set it up at the same spot where we built, but have since moved, a pen trap last spring. In the last 10 or so days, they have caught 32 pigs/hogs.

This same friend killed 40+ (I forget the exact number) pigs/hogs in this same area, last fall.

Total for the last 6 months or so is 70+ pigs/hogs.

Said he will send some pics.... when I get them, I'll post'em.

I would like to have that, be cool to drop gate with your phone!!!
It really doesn't cost that much to build your own drop gate system, that will work with your phone. You just have to have a good phone connection. In some remote areas the phone connection isn't very good.
Posted By: hanco Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/04/19
It’s not worth a damn in Burnet!
Posted By: angler Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/07/19
Some youngsters from several days ago. Six od tham were shot, the sixth was not for photographing.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/07/19
Those tails could look good on a hat.
I got a starling just now.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/08/19
I got a starling just now.

Pics or it didn't happen!
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/08/19
Starling feathers are good for soft hackle flies. Birds not much good for anything else.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/09/19
The starling, a bird I dislike with great delight, was introduced to the US by a woman in NYC because she thought they were cute.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
by a woman in NYC

New York City...... Get a rope......
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/09/19
The scientific name is appropriate : Sturnus vulgaris.
I'm with J C, someone needs to seek help.

As for dead critters, I ran over a gopher somewhere south of Glenns Ferry in February. Does THAT count?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/10/19
Pic ?.... grin
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/24/19
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did a little pig shootin last night and this morning. Rio7
Posted By: Ackman Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/24/19

It is a Sako 222 mag with a rare Mannlicher stock in a rifle length barrel...

That's a very rare gun.
Nice fence, what lives in there?
Ran over a big coon with my car the other night. I had to go back for a second pass.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/26/19
grin
I hit a gigantic beaver at highway speeds once.

I had to get the alignment done after that.
Posted By: jpb Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/27/19
I hit a gigantic beaver...

What a great idea for the title of a new thread.

John
Originally Posted by jpb
I hit a gigantic beaver...

What a great idea for the title of a new thread.

John

Guessing good company on the 'fire
Originally Posted by saddlering
Whats the green stuff all around the dead Critters?

Great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts 🤢
Posted By: rong Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 05/30/19
Originally Posted by whelennut
Nice fence, what lives in there?

Pig trap??

Colt Lightning and a dead gopher...

[Linked Image]
Very good.
I hit a gigantic beaver at highway speeds once.

I had to get the alignment done after that.

Please watch out for beavers better in the future....Thank You! Beav 😎
Out shooting gophers on the weekend in neighboring Saskatchewan. Got 52 over a span of 3-4hrs. Here's one that took a hit from my 22 Magnum.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 222Sako Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/07/19
The ol' 3 deuce can still reach out and touch 'em. grin
40 grain Ballistic Tip does some damage.

[Linked Image]
A couple whistle pigs I went Harry Callahan on.

First was with 700VLS in .243

[Linked Image]

Second with 700LR in 25-06

[Linked Image]

Took their heads clean off

RJ
My wife and I got a few..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RFJRGbY.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image]
Rem 700 in 223

Attached picture IMG_0161.jpg
Posted By: Tri70 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/10/19
Nice coyotes and bobcats!
That bobcat is sweet, you going to do a full mount?

Today in the killing fields...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
What caliber is the 94?? I assume the Colt is a 44 or .38??
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
What caliber is the 94?? I assume the Colt is a 44 or .38??

The Winchester is a 32-40, the Colt is a large frame short rifle in 40-60-260. It is the same as a Winchester 40-65, either way it’s bad medicine for gophers...
Thanks!!!!!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/15/19
[Linked Image]

Killed 37 pigs in the last 10 day's here's a sample. Rio7
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/15/19
Rio
That's a lot of pork chops, roasts and hams.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/16/19
Most of them go to the gut pit, think we kept 2 small ones for eaters.

Some of foxes which I have shoot in november 2018th.

One male fox at 150m or 492 feet.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The other one at 182m or 597 feet. My farthest hit so far on fox.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[quote=angler]

You, sir, are my doppelganger- with the "smile" to match. Weird...
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/20/19
[Linked Image]

This feral pig has a ring in it's nose, came after me and my dog, my dog kept it busy till i got my gun out of the jeep and killed it, WHEW! Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/20/19
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Been killing the Hell out of pigs, I've killed 71 pigs in the last 30 day's Rio7
71! Thats a lot of pork, Rio! Good job!
🐷🐖
Posted By: Judman Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/21/19
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Been killing the Hell out of pigs, I've killed 71 pigs in the last 30 day's Rio7

RIO7 doin gods work!! 👍
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/21/19
[Linked Image]

This morning #72 160 # boar hanging and #73 247# sow was full of pigs.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/22/19
[Linked Image]

#74 & # 75 Going to try for 100 Rio7
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/22/19
[Linked Image]

This feral pig has a ring in it's nose, came after me and my dog, my dog kept it busy till i got my gun out of the jeep and killed it, WHEW! Rio7

Okay, got a question.....when I raised hogs years ago, I used to put rings in their noses to keep them from rooting (something that rarely worked), so what's a wild one doing with a hog ring in it's nose, as it had to have been put there by man. Do people actually try to domesticate a wild hog, or could this be one that was a tame one that escaped and became wild?
Posted By: JLimbo Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/22/19
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rio, I'm really digging the application of the M-1 carbine. Too cool.
Most of them go to the gut pit, think we kept 2 small ones for eaters.

RIO, do you ever hunt the gut pit for carnivorous critters?

RS
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/23/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Okay, got a question.....when I raised hogs years ago, I used to put rings in their noses to keep them from rooting (something that rarely worked), so what's a wild one doing with a hog ring in it's nose, as it had to have been put there by man. Do people actually try to domesticate a wild hog, or could this be one that was a tame one that escaped and became wild?

Could be a pet that out grew its welcome and was "released".
[Linked Image]
Hahaha!

That sucker is gonna green score outta the park!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/23/19
Thanks for the nice comments, the boar with the ring in his nose must have been trapped by someone and then got away?

JLimbo, the m-1 carbine works ok if i'm up close 50-75 yrds but it's not real accurate much past there and it has a terrible trigger, but it's a good brush gun.

RioSnort, don't hunt the pit but I catch a coyote or 2 there once in awhile when I drive up, I call my Jeep meals on wheels for the buzzards.

I can't hit those little rodents like Huntsman22, but I can hit a pig most of the time. Grin Rio7
I[Linked Image]

8'5" Mountain Grizzly

Alaska
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/24/19
Nice blond bear.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/24/19
Thanks for the nice comments, the boar with the ring in his nose must have been trapped by someone and then got away?

JLimbo, the m-1 carbine works ok if i'm up close 50-75 yrds but it's not real accurate much past there and it has a terrible trigger, but it's a good brush gun.

RioSnort, don't hunt the pit but I catch a coyote or 2 there once in awhile when I drive up, I call my Jeep meals on wheels for the buzzards.

I can't hit those little rodents like Huntsman22, but I can hit a pig most of the time. Grin Rio7

Hey Rio, Love my latest M-1. I had a couple in better shape than my current C.M.P. Inland. Back in the day in High School late 70's I bought a couple of them off guys leaving town and had a nice Winchester and an Inland which both cost me about $75 bucks.

Sold them both for what I bought them for after I ran out of the surplus ammo and went back to the 10-22.

If only I'd known how precious they've become.
I am not near as photogenic as say.......Shrapnel.....or Charlie or Don........, so I use a post as a stand in.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 44mc Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/25/19
dam jim that is a nasty some bitch. good shot
Nice job Jim!!!
RIO7, what load are you using in your m-1 carbines? Looks like it’s done nice work😊
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/26/19
navlav8r, I'm shooting 110 gr lead soft point Sellier& Bellot, ammo for the m-1 carbine works good I don't shoot it enough to reload for it.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/26/19
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last 2 day's work since 5-20-19 I've killed 102 pigs and still working on them. Rio7
[Linked Image]
Details man!

Wild dog?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/26/19
Really odd color for coyote, face looks more dog like.
Posted By: russm86 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/26/19
Dingo?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/27/19
Could that be a eucalyptus tree in the background?
Dingo for sure.
Yeah Russ picked it
As pure a dingo bitch as you will ever find[Linked Image]
Details man!

Wild dog?

Shot with my 260AI at about 150 yards across a small gully
She had spotted me and was hiding under a small bush facing away.
I put a shot into her flank, which was all I could see of her, there was no reaction so I sent another one straight after and again she didn’t flinch.
When I got to her there were 2 entrance holes an inch apart which can be seen above the scope turret in the first picture, and both shots exited through the same messy hole in the shoulder, 139 Lapua Scenar did the job.
Tough darn thing!
[Linked Image]

At close range with my 410.
Good job!!

Colt Lightning and a dead gopher...

[Linked Image]

Love it!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/29/19
Shot 2 big black sows last week. One had a litter of pigs but the other was dry. Shot both of them on the move with my Ruger mini 30 that has been re-chambered to 6.8 SPC. I don’t have photos but do have a witness.
It's easier to carry a camera, than it is to carry a witness...
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 06/29/19
Well, that’s true and I wish I had stopped for photos but I was showing pastures that need spraying and was running out of time.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image]

Not nearly enough gun was used.

RJ
Bee stung raccoon. This guy killed one of my half grown cats on my porch Friday night. I got him Saturday.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/02/19
He had it coming...
A big pig named Big Red that I killed the last weekend of the regular rifle season.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/03/19
That is a big pig.
Dat's why he was called 'Big Red'.....grin
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/04/19
[Linked Image]

5 pigs everyone over 200# Rio7
Rio,
How did you turn that jeep with the front tires off the ground?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/04/19
It was a litle lite in the front, broke the weld on my back porch basket, need to beef it up Friday. Rio7
Ya got greedy. smile miles
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/05/19
Miles, Yep I did. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/05/19
Does this count?

Its a critter....

[Linked Image]
Yes, I think that counts.

A spotted critter none the less....
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/05/19
Yes, I think that counts.

A spotted critter none the less....

Its a full grown fawn...
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/06/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: viking Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 07/13/19
I got a cat food eating coon last night with the 17 HMR. It was a bad shot. I found it dead this morning.
357 on wabbit:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13976967/357-on-wabbit
.460 Wby....
[Linked Image]

.450 Howell...
[Linked Image]
Used a .22/6mm on this bunny.
[Linked Image]
Oooh guts n gore !!!
.460 Wby....
[Linked Image]

.450 Howell...
[Linked Image]

You obviously need to use more gun! wink
.222 Rem...
[Linked Image]

HandgunHTR grin
one last week
[Linked Image]

one this week...
[Linked Image]
Does this count?

Its a critter....

[Linked Image]

Complete perforation. 270?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Does this count?

Its a critter....

[Linked Image]

Complete perforation. 270?

No.

Why? Does it look gay?
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 08/24/19
.222 Rem...
[Linked Image]

HandgunHTR grin

Ken, I'm gonna hasta stop on my way to Texas next time and shoot a jackrabbit with you...
Who knew you could catch a mouse in a minner trap?

Been looking for that dead mouse in the entry way..........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I killed a magpie with my windshield once near Rifle Colorado... Does that count... Wait... No picture.... Didn't happen... wink

Even if it didn't happen I spent the better part of 5 minutes cleaning off some kind of black goo he left on my windshield at the next gas station. The attendant came out and said "magpie?"

I asked how he knew and he said he'd seen several like that.

There were a fair amount of prairie dogs killed on that highway and the magpies were feeding on them. One zigged when he should have zagged. LOL
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 09/29/19
LD once when living in San Diego wife and I took a trip up to the Palomar Observatory, on the way down I hit a bat with the windshield, not to messy just a small blood smear. No pic must have been just my imagination, also.
[Linked Image]

First critter suppressed. Suppressor is nice on so many levels but especially when you don’t make a first round hit. I need to work on my drops past 200 but haven’t had the time to get to a spot with longer shots. ~385 yards 6.5 Grendel pistol.
Does this count?

Its a critter....

Must be some special genetics going on there, they won’t grow heads like that here
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This past May....8.5ft, 24.5" noggin mtn grizz.

Nabesna area in Ak.

300Rum, 200 Accubonds, 340 yards[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 10/04/19
Nice bear with great color.
Nice bear and great photos
Great bear...
Sucker was 6 foot if he was an inch....

Caught a bull snake trying to get into a friends house.

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]
Blood shot a lot of meat there...
yeah. The 17 mach II is hard on chikkin.....
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 10/25/19
yeah. The 17 mach II is hard on chikkin.....

I re-barreled one of my LH T-bolts to 17 Mach II. Stocked up on ammo and I'm set.
Antelope hunting we ran across this young coyote.. Managed to hit him running with a 155 gr. Lapua HP from my 700 .30-06 ...

First time out with the new FoxPro, this guy came in.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 10/29/19
Originally Posted by FishinHank

[Linked Image]

NICE!

Big northern coyote.

I shot a pile of them in Texas last winter and none were near the size of our Montana-or your Alaska- coyotes!

Originally Posted by FishinHank

[Linked Image]

NICE!

Big northern coyote.

I shot a pile of them in Texas last winter and none were near the size of our Montana-or your Alaska- coyotes!

I should have weighed it but I didn't. I miss seeing greys! Hopefully we can head up a little further into fox country to see if we can't get a cross or a silver.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 10/29/19
Oh dude...I would LOVE to get up there for a cross or silver fox!

I kill tons of grey in Texas...but the grass is always greener....
164 steps,about 150 yards with my .17 HMR.
Zee doggies got a raccoon.

Zee doggies got a raccoon.

Did the dog use the board on the bandito?
The kids deny it....but I stongly suspect that one of the children used that stick to dislodge said coon from top of post.
The kids deny it....but I stongly suspect that one of the children used that stick to dislodge said coon from top of post.

My kind of kids!
Good day on the trap line.

You caught a possum!
I'd that s squirrel or a rat?
If'n I had to guess..........I would say bushy Tailed Wood Rat?

AKA Pack Rat?

Or possum.
Pack Rat. Here's better pic of one.

The SOB's think my crawl space is a homeless shelter.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 11/04/19
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 11/06/19
.250 Savage
free photo upload
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 11/08/19
FG;I see your pack rat and 1377 and raise you a rat from the barn this evening

Wish I still had a 1377 I bought from the local hardware store when I was 12 or 13 years old.

I killed as many critters with that thing as I did w any pellet rifle I had.
Originally Posted by Ky221
FG;I see your pack rat and 1377 and raise you a rat from the barn this evening

Nice work 221 and good choice of airguns (great minds;).

They're ugly as sin but those little pistols sure are reliable.

Mine hangs on a peg in my reloading room. I've had it for a t least 40yrs.

I give it a drop of oil every year or two (or when I think about it) and she just keeps on ticking.

Nice work Don and great photography.
Posted By: unahunt Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 11/13/19
+ 1 on the photos.
Bobcat season opens in a week - outcome will ( hopefully ) be much different then. grin Pulsar Trail XP50.

https://imgur.com/Tonp7Xb
Posted By: MHWASH Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 11/18/19
Son's first called in coyote.

Attached picture Brice's coyote retry.JPG
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 11/28/19
6mm elks?? Nice work...
Yes,a .240 Wby.
Excellent!!!!!
Wow!!!! lI love shooting those, but never pick one up.. Brave man, or foolish!!!!!

Which knife you use to skin that un??
didn't..... some things just ain't worth it....
Posted By: VernAK Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/08/19
I was just going to offer to buy the hide from you as we don't have 4 legged skunks up here.

Great picture!
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Antelope hunting we ran across this young coyote.. Managed to hit him running with a 155 gr. Lapua HP from my 700 .30-06 ...

Nice shooting!

Take no prisoners.....

Last 2 day's work since 5-20-19 I've killed 102 pigs and still working on them. Rio7

outstanding!
Posted By: MHWASH Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/10/19
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
RIP Charlie! This place will never be the same.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/14/19

Finally got thru deer hunting for a few days, went and did a little calling. Rio7

After lunch and a nap. Rio7

Finally got thru deer hunting for a few days, went and did a little calling. Rio7

Rifle specs?
10 Gage, .243 A.I. 105 gr. Scenar,
Posted By: irfubar Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/18/19

Hands up "don't shoot" lol
cool pic
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/22/19
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]Clear PeeWee strikes again.
Quite the buffet of critters, all shot on a 200 yd. bait pile within 24 hrs.

Nice work guys... I am slacking..
Posted By: rong Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/22/19
That looks like a slob of a coon,any cats up there?
That looks like a slob of a coon,any cats up there?

Not so many, but they are just as big as the other stuff running around the woods.
Every animal I get pics. of on the trail cameras is big and healthy this time of the year, fishers,
porcupines, fox, deer, owls, coyotes, moose, bear.
The last couple of raccoons I shot both weighed over 30#
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/23/19
Got to wring out a new ( to me ) .17 Rem last week...heres the product of one stand....

And since somebody posted a coon ...I didnt want to feel left out...the .17 works on them too....

Originally Posted by TheKid

Excellent work on the coyote!!

My most favorite BDL stock checker pattern!!
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone seems to hate the impressed checkering...but something about that stock always "fit" me!
And since somebody posted a coon ...I didnt want to feel left out...the .17 works on them too....

That racoon on my wheeler was close to 30#, this one was 31#, I usually get a 30#+ coon every year.
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/24/19
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone seems to hate the impressed checkering...but something about that stock always "fit" me!

It’s not only my favorite “checkering” pattern, but my favorite shaped BDL stock as well. I really prefer the thinner forend on that vintage of stock. Plus the white line spacers look classy when the varnish yellows over them and they look orange.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/24/19
More dead stuff.....222

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/25/19
Found a pic of a couple bigger coons that came to the call...

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 12/30/19

This morning, Caught this pup trotting down the road with a Quail in his mouth.

This Morning, cat just stood in the road and looked at me, DOOM!! On Him.

Rio7
Somebody was winning playing “Whack-a-Cat” 😬😎
Been a busy couple days spreading the love ....

Nice!!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/03/20
Meow mix!
A leopard and a black panther.

Rare in these parts......
And now more rarererer.
Posted By: Santiam Re: 2019 Dead Critters thread. - 01/03/20
Cat season opened in December and it was tough.Couldn't buy a cat..

January is starting a little better. smile

'
© 24hourcampfire