Home
Posted By: JamesJr Coyote and Coon - 02/04/19
Neat story......was calling this morning in a big hollow, hoping to call up a bobcat. As soon as I turned the call on, a pair of coons ran out from under a big rock, and one of them stopped and kept looking towards the call. I thought he'd left when suddenly he took off running and went up a tree. That's when I saw a coyote coming hard. I killed the coyote right under the tree the coon was in, and for the next 15-20 minutes that I sat there, the coon kept looking down at the coyote, never taking his eyes off it. I decided nothing else was coming in, and since the landowner has chickens, and told me to shoot any and all varmints, I killed the coon.[Linked Image]
Posted By: dale06 Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/04/19
A mixed double!
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/09/19
Well done.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/13/19
Awesome!
Posted By: milespatton Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/13/19
Coons are thick and a big problem here. Hardly anybody hunts them anymore, and when they do, they do not kill them. Fur prices are no good. Bait for deer everywhere for them to eat. Large corn fields in the early summer, start having corn about the time the little ones are big enough to roam. If I had the skills, I would make me a racoon coat. smile miles
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/18/19
Nice!!
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/18/19
Way to go.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Coyote and Coon - 02/19/19
There ya go!
© 24hourcampfire