Home
It appears that they may have?
I found some for a .204 a few weeks ago, but they were higher priced than the v-max.
It was just a v-max colored green to take advantage of the Zombie marketing craze.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
It was just a v-max colored green to take advantage of the Zombie marketing craze.

that's what I thought, too.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Yep
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Yep

At a pretty deep discount though. Agreed they were the same, just quite a bit cheaper.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Yep

At a pretty deep discount though. Agreed they were the same, just quite a bit cheaper.

Yep. The last I bought was about 2/3 of what v-max cost. And the green tip made the it easy to tell the .204 from the .223.
I bought many thousand of the 17, 20, and 22 Zmax bullets. They interchange perfectly with Vmax. Only reason I bought them was price.
Have not seen them for several years.
Powder Valley still has some:

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/hornady-224-22-55-gr-zmax-500/

The V-Max is more https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/hornady-224-22-50-gr-vmax-250/

Z-Max = $60.80/500 = $ 0.1216 per bullet

V-max = $39.07/250 = $ 0.1563 per bullet

so, the Z-max is (0.1216/0.15628) = 78% of the cost of the v-max.

I've shot thousands of them, great price, Only have a thousand left.
Yup looks like they're gone. But I'm switching over to the 22-53gr VMAX for it's better BC's anyways. I haven't even seen those in a 250 bullet package. 50gr ZMAX's were violent on sagrats though.
I bought all of my nephews some of the Z MAX FACTORY .223 Zombie ammo for their AR-15’s. They thought it was cool 😎
I always thought the Z Max were V Max factory seconds, and someone in marketing figured they would take them and give them the lime green tip.. and the Zombie name....instead of selling them off to some wholesale outfit for real cheap....

I think it was a good marketing move...
They are no more.

You can still find them every now and again but they're old stock.
Graf & Sons had some 55 gr Z Max on their web page yesterday....$60 ish. for box of 500...
Originally Posted by Seafire
Graf & Sons had some 55 gr Z Max on their web page yesterday....$60 ish. for box of 500...

Wow that's a great deal. I'd get it but I'm already gotten the 53gr VMAX's.
© 24hourcampfire