Home
Checked some trail cams yesterday and had a pic of a coyote with what appeared to be a fawn in it's mouth. So, I got out this morning and called in an area that I know coyotes live. While some guys won't hunt them now, while they're raising pups, I consider the coyote a year round target of opportunity, that needs to be shot on sight. This one came to a pup-in-distress call, and I'm guessing was biting randomly before he expired. I've killed a bunch of them, but never saw one do this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice shooting!
Indeed good shooting. I had this female do the biting leg thing a couple of years ago. Got herself in a twist.

[Linked Image from oi723.photobucket.com]
They die hard.
One of my uncles shot a black bear many years ago in PENN, lung shot and the bear started running around in a circle as if trying to bite its own tail. He shot it again and it dropped dead. Another guy I know shot a black bear during a drive in PENN and the bear ran to the closest tree, climbed a good 10 feet up, gave the death bawl and crashed to the ground. Said it startled the heck out of him.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Checked some trail cams yesterday and had a pic of a coyote with what appeared to be a fawn in it's mouth. So, I got out this morning and called in an area that I know coyotes live. While some guys won't hunt them now, while they're raising pups, I consider the coyote a year round target of opportunity, that needs to be shot on sight. This one came to a pup-in-distress call, and I'm guessing was biting randomly before he expired. I've killed a bunch of them, but never saw one do this.

Nice yote, and a very nice looking rifle. What caliber is the Remington chambered in?
i had a bobcat bite its leg like that when i shot it with my crossbow
Good shootin men, I shot a basket racked 10pt with an 8 Bore black powder rifle, of course the rifle knocked him down, but he died chewing on a small sapling beside his head.
I've shot 3 or 4 over the years that have done that. BTW good shooting on the fawn killer.
Shot one over at the range out at 700 yds like that once.....

it was such as being a good shot... I had the rifle targeted on a rock out at 700 yds... with a 223...

a coyote came out to see what the noise was I guess...

I shot at him at 700 yds, and it started running in a spin, biting its own ass..

next shot, he just flopped over....and kicked a time or two..

I don't consider that a great shot as I said I already had that rock dialed in...

I just considered that was the most unlucky coyote in the local area for the day....
Originally Posted by Terry_M
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Nice yote, and a very nice looking rifle. What caliber is the Remington chambered in?

Model 7 Predator in 223.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This spinner decided to pull his own guts out of the exit hole before flopping over. I’d have hit him again but I was busy shooting his mate. Both were mangy and got left where they fell. The eagles and vultures appreciated it.
The only thing I've seen doing anything like that was a skunk that was crawling around in a slow circle chewing its foot off .. before we shot it. I assume rabies?
© 24hourcampfire