Home
Posted By: Mwbyler Primos trigger sticks - 10/28/21
I have been carrying a monopod primos trigger stick for years while deer hunting,plan on upgrading to the either the bipod or tripod this season just not sure which one to go with yet, looking for input on pros and cons between the bipod and tripod. thanks
Posted By: Tuco Re: Primos trigger sticks - 10/29/21
I've never used anything but the tri-pod version of Trigger Sticks, so am unable to address the merits of the bi-pods. That said, I love the tri-pods, which have proved invaluable on several elk and pronghorn hunts. For the comparatively few extra $$, versus the bi-pods, I'd spring for the tri-pods. They're obviously much more stable than the bi-pod version and, I suspect, probably about the same weight and bulk.
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Primos trigger sticks - 10/31/21
Originally Posted by Tuco
I've never used anything but the tri-pod version of Trigger Sticks, so am unable to address the merits of the bi-pods. That said, I love the tri-pods, which have proved invaluable on several elk and pronghorn hunts. For the comparatively few extra $$, versus the bi-pods, I'd spring for the tri-pods. They're obviously much more stable than the bi-pod version and, I suspect, probably about the same weight and bulk.
have to agree with your logic
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Primos trigger sticks - 11/10/21
What height do people think is best?
Posted By: ldg397 Re: Primos trigger sticks - 11/20/21
I have the tripod as well and love it
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Primos trigger sticks - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by BKinSD

The tall ones are more versatile and practical in my opinion,
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Primos trigger sticks - 01/26/22
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by BKinSD

The tall ones are more versatile and practical in my opinion,

I have only the tall versions due to brush height in the areas I hunt. I own the bipods and like them well enough, but have found younger/newer shooters struggle with getting good balance. My Dad has a tripod, and while it seems slower to deploy, it's more stable.
Posted By: rong Re: Primos trigger sticks - 01/31/22
Agree on the tri-pod,it's a little more bulky,but rock solid compared to bi-pod.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: mistem Re: Primos trigger sticks - 02/01/22
Tall tri-pod are the way to go……

Attached picture 52AC41E4-6869-499D-9B38-94C048258A3F.jpeg
I agree!

Tri-Pod!
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Primos trigger sticks - 02/10/22
I have the short Tri-pod, but I use it to mount my spotting scope and binos on. I can make quick adjustments with the trigger if I need to change elevations and level on uneven ground.
Posted By: MtnGadabout Re: Primos trigger sticks - 10/13/22
1 Vote for the tall tri-pod. Works great in chest high brush. while able to spread out low for turkey sitting.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Primos trigger sticks - 12/24/22
Originally Posted by mistem
Tall tri-pod are the way to go……

Yep, this is the way.
© 24hourcampfire