Home
Posted By: robthom Best multi-tool? - 05/03/23
I am looking for two multi tools / sizes:

1) one which lives in tool box etc, and is useful around house little jobs or away from the house/ in vehicle

2) a back packing / hunting / everyday carry coat pocket multi tool.

I have done some research: Leatherman appears to be the leader in this field, however, SOG and various Swiss Army / Victornix (spelling?) are well though of.

I definitely want a decent scissors tool included and locking knife blade. Locking tools would be good too.
Decent scissors would be good for first aid type applications - cutting roll of sticking plaster bandages.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Best multi-tool? - 05/04/23
Leatherman Wave

Handiest, IMO&E
Posted By: robthom Re: Best multi-tool? - 05/05/23
What is IMO &E?

Do not recognise the abbreviation.

Internet reviews for hikers and backpackers give Leatherman Wave plus, wingman some other leather man products plus SOG products and the venerable Swiss Army knife.
Posted By: robthom Re: Best multi-tool? - 05/05/23
In my opinion and experience?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Best multi-tool? - 05/07/23
Originally Posted by robthom
In my opinion and experience?
Correct.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Best multi-tool? - 05/07/23
I’ve had the original PST, supertool, Sidekick, Wave, and Micra.

Tried Gerber and don’t like it.

(Almost) always have a wave on my belt and a micra in my front pocket.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Best multi-tool? - 06/05/23
I have 4 leatherman waves. They're good tools. Im onsidering getting a charge tti.
Posted By: Theoldpinecricker Re: Best multi-tool? - 06/08/23
Leatherman Charge Ti us nice. I have the Leatherman Free tool and it's really nice but heavy but still carry it everyday iknas many places as I'm able but it's weighty.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Best multi-tool? - 06/13/23
Leatherman P4.
Posted By: jimmy3 Re: Best multi-tool? - 07/02/23
Inexpensive small pocket tool….Gerber Dime….
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Best multi-tool? - 07/14/23
Best is the one you have with you.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Best multi-tool? - 09/16/23
I have had a leather man Wave for I think for 25 years. Just the right size and features for me.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Best multi-tool? - 09/16/23
I found my Leatherman Charge at a pawnshop for $40, so no experience with other models, except for a Gerber, which wasn't nearly as robust.
Posted By: richj Re: Best multi-tool? - 09/18/23
Vicky swisstool

around the house = vicky cybertool L
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Best multi-tool? - 09/25/23
lately ive carried the free p2.

Also like the rebar.

Wave is nice, but bulkier IMO.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Best multi-tool? - 10/19/23
Leatherman ARC looks pretty darn nice. I think I'll get one.
Posted By: steveus Re: Best multi-tool? - 10/27/23
I was a small Gerber distributor and we sold a lot of their "multipliers" and liked them. However I think the Leatherman Wave is the better all around. I will say that the Gerbers have some great scissors though.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Best multi-tool? - 10/29/23
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
I have 4 leatherman waves. They're good tools. Im onsidering getting a charge tti.
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
Leatherman ARC looks pretty darn nice. I think I'll get one.
Have you gotten these?

Review?
Posted By: foamantelope Re: Best multi-tool? - 11/02/23
I love my leatherman Wave. I've got one in Titanium that is nice and light. Very high quality tools.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Best multi-tool? - 11/02/23
Originally Posted by foamantelope
I love my leatherman Wave. I've got one in Titanium that is nice and light. Very high quality tools.

Had not seen this one. Looks good
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Best multi-tool? - 11/08/23
Ironbender: No. I haven't. Most reviews are good. A few complaints about its wire cutters.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Best multi-tool? - 12/15/23
Ordered three ARCs. Handled one (gift for wife) just a bit. Seems pretty nice. Waiting on mine to arrive (Dec 21st anticipated) so can really try it out.

Decided to try the ARC due to Magnacut blade and non clumping tools. Figured the Charge TTI still has the clumping issue; but haven't tried it.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Best multi-tool? - 12/17/23
Leatherman
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Best multi-tool? - 12/18/23
A Charge is my favorite. The Charge needs an awl.

I also like the rebar very much. The rebar needs scissors and a diamond file.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Best multi-tool? - 12/22/23
Received all the leatherman ARCs in. Played with one some. Like several features. Much prefer the non clumping tools. It feels different. Will have to spend more time using to see if really like better than the WAVES I've had almost since they came out.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Best multi-tool? - 01/04/24
After using with the case for a while, I had pretty much decided I liked the old wave better... Then I tried it using just the clip without the sheath... kaboom... whole different animal. Easy to carry. Easier to grasp and remove. Now. I like it much better. Even letting it take the place of my knife normally carried clipped in right front pocket. Time will tell if I continue; but good as of now.
Posted By: JR00001 Re: Best multi-tool? - 01/11/24
Leatherman wave
Posted By: Condition Yellow Re: Best multi-tool? - 01/12/24
Wave.
Posted By: gamma4diesel Re: Best multi-tool? - 02/02/24
Ive had my charge TTI for several years. Never looked back. Even cleaned a deer with it one time, it has a s30V blade so why not? Use the saw to cut the legs and the gut hook worked well also.
© 24hourcampfire