Home
Posted By: kenjs1 Heavy duty Range bag - 11/06/23
I have a Shooter Ridge range bag and like the size, layout and some features but the zippers are lousy. Looking for something 20" ish long with pockets on the end where I can hold ear muffs and shooting glasses etc. Bottom has to be reinforce. Will hold my shooting rest (allen front and rear sand filled type) a pistol or two, targets and ammo. Shoulder strap. I don't need\want individual magazine pockets- so on the simplistic side.

Harder to find than in the past it seems. Any references?
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/07/23
I have one picked out. Be here in two days.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/08/23
What did you get?
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/08/23
Got a 40l patrol bag from 5.11 It has a divider or two but not tons of molle connections I didn't need nor tons of pistol mag holders or over many doo-dads.. It has separate compartments on either end like my current bag and that is where I tend to throw ear and eye protection. The center compartment can hold my cheap spotting scope inside an entire length divider which is about all the dividing I need or want, I should be able to throw a pistol, maybe two in there, with a few boxes of ammo, Hoping my rest, a mall notepad and peel-n-stick targets. Shoulder strap. Supposedly good zippers and reinforced bottom. Outstanding reviews on Amazon. Some guy saying he totes 40 pounds of stuff in his.

$72

5.11 Tactical patrol
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/10/23
Came in yesterday. Bigger than I thought. Liking its layout so far. Has a reinforced bottom which was a must. The clasps for the shoulder strap have a nice metal stays. Nice compartments in and out without going crazy and no molle. Will house my spotting scope perfectly. Don't think I could have drawn up a better bag for what I want.

Might grease the zippers on this thing. Maybe a little gun butter or something. Never done that to one before but wouldn't think it would hurt. Zippers are why I replaced my last two.
Carhardt clothing brand makes a larger and smaller tool bag with a solid hard bottom. I have one for my SBR setup. It look tool like and pedestrian and has carry loop handles and a shoulder strap.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/11/23
Funny how my searching didn't pull up any Carhartt bags. Took a look and yeah I do like the looks of that 40l bag. If this one doesn't work out I will remember that- thanks for the tip- better late than never. These bags aren't so expensive that one couldn't change it out on a whim.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/12/23
Filled and used it yesterday. Seems similar construction quality but roomier, lighter and overall a bit nicer. Loved it .
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/14/23
Try some paraffin wax on sticky zippers.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 11/26/23
Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: gamma4diesel Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 02/02/24
Wax works well on zippers
Posted By: WildWest Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 02/02/24
Hornady one shot on my zippers worked well.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Heavy duty Range bag - 04/20/24
I see the OP has ordered a bag, but I'll add that my wife bought me this bag in OD color a couple years back, and it's been very good.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939343130?pid=343130
© 24hourcampfire