Home
Posted By: Oldman03 Squirrel season opened today - 10/03/20
Yep, and I didn't get to go. Setting here typing and someone shot a shotgun a couple of times. I'll let the weekend hunters have a go and then I'll slip into the woods a day or two next week. Have the woods all to myself.
I have the same plan myself. Wait till after the weekend. Turkey season just opened and squirrel season has been open here for awhile now. Tomorrow I'll be heading out to the woods.
I'm loaded with them here... been shooting the ground squirrels all summer at my place...

in my Minnesota days, I use to love going up to Orrock MN which is a Federal Game Reserve that you can hunt on..

Have a Savage 24 single shot in 410... thought that was the best darn squirrel gun on the planet put out a pattern the size of a garbage can lid...and didn't fill the meat full of buckshot...

use to fix squirrel and wild rice casserole, douced with a little Worcestershire Sauce...

sure miss that...

we had a lot of Red Squirrel up there also... they sure were a pretty squirrel.. and ate real well also..

best of luck out there Randy...
Opening day has been the first Saturday in October for as long as I can remember. First time I've missed it since I was eight years old.
© 24hourcampfire