Home
Posted By: Silverstar Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/19/21
One of my roll models growing up was the great Elmer Fudd. His contribution to the sporting world cannot be overstated. Thank you Elmer. Everything I know about hunting Wabbits, I learned from you!

https://youtu.be/ipb8OB1lWnk
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/20/21
Ate a bunch of those in Soldotna.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/20/21
that fellow looks like he has been eating a bunch of fried bunny rabbits
Posted By: pete53 Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/23/21
thanks for posting the bunny hunt enjoyed watching it. thank you,Pete53
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/25/21
That was good, and refreshing to see. He also knows his way around a fire!
Thanks for posting..
Posted By: Windfall Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/25/21
I think that the OP pretty well nailed it with the Elmer Fudd moniker. I saw a portly individual wondering around in the woods with his rifle slung, walking his dog, thinking he was in the wrong area, building a fire, eating Vienna Sausages, filming even more trees and bushes and going home sans anything but a video. Did I miss anything important? It was 20 minutes that I'd kind of like to have back.
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/26/21
Lot of that portly walking round stuff up here in Northern Wi. I know guys that do that now and then, I`ve done it.

Maybe you should stay in Fl. and do a video on the Swallow-Tailed Kite.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 02/27/21
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Lot of that portly walking round stuff up here in Northern Wi. I know guys that do that now and then, I`ve done it.

^^^ THIS ^^^
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 03/01/21
I forgot to mention..I also liked his "Choppers". Great to see.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 03/01/21
I was foolish enough to waste time watching it thinking he was actually snowshoe hare hunting.
Like others have said 20 minutes I will never get back!

Too bad there is not a "Waste of Time" flag that could be placed on videos.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 03/01/21
Originally Posted by CGPAUL

You are probably right and that post was a little harsh. This late into winter we all are getting a little testy with cabin fever, me included. The C-19 outbreak has kept us in Wisconsin this winter and I myself got my own woods fix with a gun up north over the weekend. What the guy in the video did was take the time to be out in nature and recognize and film its beauty and complexity just for its own sake. I was expecting more of a how to primer on snowshoe hare hunting given the title of the piece.

Glad to see that you recognized a Swallow-Tailed Kite. They are semi rare and one of my favorite birds for how well they can fly and catch bugs on the wing.
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 03/02/21
No worries...stay safe..

Beautiful bird..
Posted By: Silverstar Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 04/01/21
I guess it would have been fair to mention that I was the portly, fried bunny muncher in the video. If you only want to watch the slaughter of animals, slow-mo kill shots, and some big, boisterous guy bragging about his truck and his gear with loud music blaring, I guess this wasn't the video for you.

There have been a lot of folks confined to their homes this past year, so I just thought I'd share my day in the woods. If all you care about is seeing the carcasses of a dead critter, here ya go. This is the year before the pandemic, and I was in a little better shape. I hunt my bucks on foot with a black powder rifle, instead of sitting on my fat arse in a tree stand.
Likely peed more sea water than you've sailed across. So if you want to fight, come get me. I might look portly to you, but I'm a tough goat. I have fried and ate plenty of these.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17-zjmsW84tlpJOZuEifaN67K8AfNHt8t/view?usp=sharing

Here's my dog. She busts her hump during grouse season.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dJUUYDovgp0fqgU1KVCJgo-O-twLtqYF/view?usp=sharing
I drag my bucks solo, and cart them out on cat roads. But I don't brag about it on YouTube.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIyMfUWx3iqjEPXRsPoMkgaVAt2hC5_1/view?usp=sharing
Posted By: 44mc Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 04/01/21
nothing wrong with that i like eating them more than looking at blood & guts . i though it was funny welcome to the fire Silverstar
Posted By: Ironeyes Re: Snowshoe Hare Trip 2021 - 04/15/21
Pretty woods you got up there.
© 24hourcampfire