Home
I just cut a small wheat patch and the grays are starting to hit it good.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MOGC Re: First squirrels of the season - 06/06/21
Congrats! Seems to be a lot of them this spring.
Sorry, no pics but I've taken a few over 30 this year in southeast Missouri. Had a cool opening weekend and Memorial Day weekend (the traditional opener ) was also beautiful. Can wait till the hickories get hit in mid to late August. The stream fishing was fantastic as well. Sharp rig you have. Is it a 22mag or 17hmr? Magazine looks a little long for 22lr.
It’s a 452 cz in 17 hmr. The wheat patch is 80 yards to the front and and 105 yards to the back. I sit on the back porch with a cup of coffee and sand bags. Not much hunting, it is more shooting. I let the labs out and they even retrieve them to the back deck.
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
It’s a 452 cz in 17 hmr. The wheat patch is 80 yards to the front and and 105 yards to the back. I sit on the back porch with a cup of coffee and sand bags. Not much hunting, it is more shooting. I let the labs out and they even retrieve them to the back deck.
Sounds glorious!! Well played! I think Hank would retrieve them for me. This years goal is to shoot a squirrel with him around and see if he does. He's retrieved a couple rabbits for me.
Nice, Nice choice of rifle too.
Our season doesnt start till September
© 24hourcampfire