Home
Posted By: trplem B&C Squirrels - 09/17/18
Anyone else kind of think opening the B&C for red, grey and fox squirrels would be super cool?
Posted By: MOGC Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/17/18
No...
Posted By: Youper Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/17/18
It makes as much sense as B&C anything else.
Posted By: trplem Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/17/18
My thinking is that it would be funny as hell to see a bunch of super serial trophy hunters regularly get their records reversed by 12 year olds with pellet guns.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/18/18
I'm all for it. I'll submit this one. Somebody here dubbed him the "Panda Squirrel" a few years back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trplem Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/18/18
Wow, that's a cool squirrel. I'd put it in a special non-typical category for sure. The taxidermy looks sharp, too.
Posted By: Hubert Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/03/20
I would not shoot a squirrel like that unless there were hundreds of them around..
Posted By: Blackheart Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/03/20
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I'm all for it. I'll submit this one. Somebody here dubbed him the "Panda Squirrel" a few years back.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That one is cool. I got one years ago with a jet black body and red tail and had it mounted. Still hangs in the corner of my living room
Posted By: Blackheart Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/03/20
Originally Posted by trplem
Anyone else kind of think opening the B&C for red, grey and fox squirrels would be super cool?
Absolutely NOT. Sure as hell it would ruin squirrel hunting the way the books and trophy hunters have ruined deer hunting. Before you know it, getting permission to squirrel hunt a prime hickory ridge would be a thing of the past and instead you'd have to pay exorbitant lease fee's. Folks would have squirrel feeders all over the woods and there would be special magazines devoted exclusively to "quality squirrel management" while hunters who shot them before they were big enough would be ridiculed and/or kicked out of the lease. No fuggin thanks.
Posted By: pointer Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/03/20

So very cool! Congrats!
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/03/20

What the hell is that thing? Is that some sort of a fox squirrel?
Posted By: hillbillyjake Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/04/20
My thinking is that it would be funny as hell to see a bunch of super serial trophy hunters regularly get their records reversed by 12 year olds with pellet guns.

^^^^^this^^^^^^^
Posted By: PennDog Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/13/20
Originally Posted by hillbillyjake

^^^^^this^^^^^^^

LMAO on that one!!.....also then we’d have to have specialized .22 and shoot them at 600 yards or better - the gun companies would love it!!

......and that is a really cool squirrel - was it shot in SC?

PennDog
Posted By: MS9x56 Re: B&C Squirrels - 09/13/20
That is the funniest comment I have ever read on any forum in my life. Going to start lobbying the Boone and Crockett club for inclusion of both grey and fox categories. No red squirrels though as they are considered vermin kind of like hyenas.Next thing you know they would show up in Pope and Young category but you could only take them Fair chase with blunt tips. No judo points or broadheads allowed.
© 24hourcampfire