Home
Posted By: maddog Ingwe Missouri squill hunt - 10/26/18
Hey Ingwe, How did the Missouri hut go? Inquiring minds want to know...... grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ingwe Missouri squill hunt - 10/26/18
It went well! we had a lot of fun and other varmints died too....raccoon , coyote, woodchuck. Gotta say my shooting on squirrels left something to be desired...they seemed to have gotten smaller and faster in the 45 years Ive been gone....
You must have had a good time... Squirrels sure don't sit still for long... As soon as I spot one and settle in for a head shot and start my trigger squeeze they are more often than not on the move. Now if I can find them eating that improves the odds.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Ingwe Missouri squill hunt - 10/27/18
We've had a weird fall this year. The woods stayed green longer than normal. Leaves were green and hung on the trees longer than usual. Same for the underbrush. This weekend looks to be the peak of the fall colors. I've been bowhunting deer and the woods are full of squirrels but they are darn hard to see.
Posted By: maddog Re: Ingwe Missouri squill hunt - 10/27/18
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you can kill squirrels with a .22 rifle, consistently, you can kill durn near anything else with a rifle.
I killed another black grey squirrel yesterday. Big sucker. Really deep, blacker than the ace of spades black with silver tips on the end of his tail hairs. He's in the freezer whole. Might hafta take him to the taxidermist. I already have one mounted that I shot back in the 80's. Only been two others in all these years and I've killed a shytload of squirrels in that time. To say black ones are very rare around here is an understatement.
Posted By: maddog Re: Ingwe Missouri squill hunt - 10/27/18
Get it mounted!
© 24hourcampfire