Home
Posted By: Costillacreek Rabbits - 01/03/20
Which is your favorite 22 ammo for head shots on rabbits?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Rabbits - 01/03/20
For head shots...whatever your rifle shoots best.
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Rabbits - 01/04/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

100%

I have a couple of rifles that only “like” a CCI mini mags. Called the rifle manufacturer to ask if they had heard of any issues with those rifles. They suggested “shoot what the rifle likes”.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Rabbits - 01/04/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

That is the answer to over 90% of hunting accuracy. No matter what the game is.The other 10 is you.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Rabbits - 01/04/20
I’m a big fan of solids for small game. I like the CCI standard velocity target.
Posted By: Costillacreek Re: Rabbits - 01/04/20
I am using cci mini mags solids but had a rabbit fall back in his hole the other night and was wondering if I should be using hollow points.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Rabbits - 01/04/20
Originally Posted by Costillacreek
I am using cci mini mags solids but had a rabbit fall back in his hole the other night and was wondering if I should be using hollow points.

Nope...wouldn't have helped that scenario...

I shot a lot of rabbits with a lightly loaded .22 Centerfire...head shots cause I eat the meat. The extra power seems to keep them from doing a lot of flopping around...These were shot with a .222

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: whitearrow Re: Rabbits - 02/02/21
my favs are winchester subsonic truncated cone hp and cci subsonic hp both in 40 grain.
Big Ed
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Rabbits - 02/04/21
You can kill cottontails with sarcasm, or a dirty look.

My favorite SG ammo is RWS SSHPs. Only squirrels so far, but it shoots really well in just about everything. Bought some really cheap last year. Regret bitterly that I didn’t get more.
Posted By: bobmn Re: Rabbits - 02/04/21
cci small game bullet. Better yet find which ammunition is most accurate in your rifle. Then get a die to file a meplat on that ammunition.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Rabbits - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348
You can kill cottontails with sarcasm, or a dirty look.

My favorite SG ammo is RWS SSHPs. Only squirrels so far, but it shoots really well in just about everything. Bought some really cheap last year. Regret bitterly that I didn’t get more.

That's great small game ammo and super accurate.

I got a case last year from SGammo and like you, wish I had gotten about 5
Posted By: 1minute Re: Rabbits - 02/05/21
Yes. Whatever is most accurate.
© 24hourcampfire