Home
Posted By: Bogtrotter CVA Accura mountain rifle - 06/25/20
Anyone shot one the accura mountain rifles yet?
I have not. All i cant tell you is they have been out for several years and reviews from owners have been really good. I do really like the way they handle and build quality is light years ahead of old CVA products. The ones ive handled in stores felt great and looked great. The only negative i can see is its scope only. No iron sites are gunna work well even if you find one that is drilled and tapped for them.
I have one, and love it. It's super accurate, light, and balances well. What's not to like?
I picked one up in the store, looked and felt nice. I wanted to compare it to the plains rifle but they didn't have one.
Broke down and bought the mountain rifle, lighter and shorter than the TC Omegaga I have been useing. Got some triple 7 starfire pellets. Was gonna try blackhorn 209, but the pellets are just too easy to use. Range time next week if the weather permits.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: CVA Accura mountain rifle - 07/18/20
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter
Broke down and bought the mountain rifle, lighter and shorter than the TC Omegaga I have been useing. Got some triple 7 starfire pellets. Was gonna try blackhorn 209, but the pellets are just too easy to use. Range time next week if the weather permits.

I stocked up on tubes and now I have a Chargemaster Lite, so can turn out a bunch of loads in short order. Might try the pellets just for fun, but I also scored a 5-pound jug of BH, so it may be a while.
Around here a 5lb jug would mean a second mortgage!
Great rifle very accurate and perfect to carry hunting
I have used one in the VA ML season for the past three years, and killed 6 deer with it. Accurate, reliable and easy to carry. I have zero complaints.
Posted By: JD7 Re: CVA Accura mountain rifle - 08/09/20
I have a plains rifle same thing just 28in barrel instead of 25. It is the most accurate muzzleloader I’ve ever had but I hardly ever shoot it to me they have cheapened them up considerably from the first optimas. I had primer headspace issues I had to shim. Doesn’t come drilled and tapped for sights and probably couldn’t shoot with them anyway cause the comb height. Nitride is nice. But the pot metal crap in the forearm is junk old ones had a welded block that was tapped. I’m currently shooting a lowly TC impact SB and in my opinion the quality is better and it’s a tac driver as well and I think it’s more gun for the money. Plus if you wanna shoot blackhorn the TC will out of the box gotta buy a separate breech plug for the cva.
Posted By: skeen Re: CVA Accura mountain rifle - 08/09/20
My oldest son just bought one, a week and a half ago, or so, from MidwayUSA. Mounted up a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 on 'er.

We went to the range and shot it with my youngest son's Optima V2. I preferred the ergonomics of the Acurra MR, but, the Optima's trigger was better, in my opinion.

Quite frankly, they shoot as good as my Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader, and better than my Encore. Makes you wonder why spend double the money.
Same scope I have on mine! My MR has a really good trigger, better than my TC.
CVA has a special going now. If you go to their site and use the coupon code BL25 you get 25% off and shipping is free over 99.00. I think it drops the Accura MR down to about 370.00.
I bought a black Accura MR stock and grip cap not knowing it would nit fit on an Accura V2. Anybody want it? Free.
First trip to the range, and I am impressed! Three shot cloverleaf at 100 yards. Aerolites, three triple seven starfire pellets, Leupold VX-3 2.5-8
I have an Accura, but it's not a MR. Accurate rifle, easy to load, easy to clean (especially with BH209). What's not to like?
Can't find anything to dislike about this one!
Everyone should have one.
I bought one of these 3 years ago because I like the lightweight and feel and all the great reviews. Mine is accurate enough but no tackdriver and IMO the build quality is not on par with the TC Encore but the Encore is also twice the money. The Accura MR is the best ML I am aware of in its very reasonable price range 👍.......Good luck....Hb
Held one today and sure liked it. Excellent ergos.
© 24hourcampfire