Home
I use an EABCO rear aperture on my CVA Accura V2. I really like it. I also had to install a Williams fire sight front sight as it is quite a bit lower than the CVA factory sight. I killed my Co. cow at 142 yards with my home cast and powder coated Lee REAL 320 gr. bullets. They shoot awesome out of my rifle when combined with Blackhorn 209 powder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had 2 tags and was able to take her calf at 184 yards.

My good buddy was also able to hang his tag on a real nice 6 point. He shoots an Accura with a SeeAll open sight and 300 gr. Thor's.

It was a very Hot, dry, dusty and tough hunt but we were able to fill out. Public land DYI hunt. 2 of the tags came off the leftover list.

Happy Hunting to you all,

Todd
Congrats, great picsđź‘Ť
Very nice, congrats on a great hunt.
wish there was an oh hell yes [bleep] like buttom
Hell of a hunt, good for you getting the little one out there too, she'll never forget that. smile
Awesome hunt... ???
Delicious! Great pics and making good memories!
Congratulations! Gotta love that Accura! Mine shoots lights out.
Lots of good eating there! What's the purpose of the powder coating? Haven't seen that before... Are you pouring pure lead?
Very nice!
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Lots of good eating there! What's the purpose of the powder coating? Haven't seen that before... Are you pouring pure lead?

The powder coat acts as a lube and a jacket. It also adds a few thousandths to the bullet diameter, which my particular rifle needed. The groups went from 6” groups to the small 10 shot cluster above. I’ve tried it in several muzzleloaders with different powders. In my experience, it only works with BH209. I am pouring pure lead.

Thank you all for the words!

Todd
Excellent all around.
Quite a hunt.Congrats.Last year was going to put a Seeall Sight on my ML like your buddy had, but CPW told me it was not legal
Sweeeet!!!
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Quite a hunt.Congrats.Last year was going to put a Seeall Sight on my ML like your buddy had, but CPW told me it was not legal

I hate when the law enforcement officers don’t know the law.

“k. Only open or iron sights allowed in muzzleloading seasons. Fiber optics
and fluorescent paint incorporated into or on open or iron sights are legal. Scopes or any sighting device using artificial light, batteries and electronic gear are prohibited during muzzleloading seasons.”

I brought it up in a hunter safety class I sat through with my daughter and 2 Game Wardens here told me they were fine. They meet all the criteria above.

Good luck and thanks again.

Todd
Excellent -- great hunt and really good pictures. Thanks for putting them up.
Great pics!
Justa,

Terrific hunt and some good looking victuals there as well. I always enjoy your stories and the fact that you take the young’uns with you- good for you.

The picture of the big dead bull at the bottom of a steep, narrow gulley brings back some memories I’d rather not have.....(shudder!)
Nice setup you have. I would really like specifics on the Williams firesight for front sight. Which model??, best place to purchase from??

I have a similar rifle Accura v2. How many grains do you shoot of BH209 powder and which primer??
Send me a PM when you have more time to discuss more ( in between eating all that delicious Elk meet:) smile
MARTIN
© 24hourcampfire