Home
Posted By: kevinpauley Renegade barrel - 01/16/21
I have a Thompson Center Renegade in 54 caliber that I took on trade. The barrel is in pretty bad shape. I would like to convert this to 50 cal, Anyone know of 1 inch 50 cal barrels for this? It is percussion.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Renegade barrel - 01/16/21
Factory barrels are commonly sold on eBay. Not cheap generally, as parting TCs out seems more profitable than just selling the whole thing. Also Gunbroker.
Posted By: Semisane Re: Renegade barrel - 01/18/21
Why not go bigger and have it bored and rifled to a slow twist .58 by Bobby Hoyte. It would likely cost less than a replacement .50 caliber barrel in good shape and you will fall in love with big balls.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Renegade barrel - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by Semisane
Why not go bigger and have it bored and rifled to a slow twist .58 by Bobby Hoyte. It would likely cost less than a replacement .50 caliber barrel in good shape and you will fall in love with big balls.

^ ^ ^ this ^ ^ ^
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Renegade barrel - 01/18/21
Track of the Wolf has some... (trackofthewolf.com)
Posted By: hookeye Re: Renegade barrel - 01/18/21
Renegades are 1" in .50 or .54 so no prob w a swap.
Hawkens are 15/16 in .50 and under.

Yeah, parting out MZ on Ebay is a thing, can't sell em complete per the rules.
Posted By: dbowling Re: Renegade barrel - 02/01/21
go to muzzle loading forum and post a ad for one quiet a few have come up for sale on there.
Posted By: mart Re: Renegade barrel - 02/02/21
It begs the question, what’s wrong with a 54 caliber?
Posted By: kevinpauley Re: Renegade barrel - 02/05/21
My 54 barrel is in bad shape and needs replaced. 50 caliber is much easier to find supplies for.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Renegade barrel - 02/07/21
I have two barrels for my Renegade a 50 and a 54. I tend to shoot the 50 a lot more but hunt with the 54.
© 24hourcampfire