Home
Posted By: Jstocks CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 09/15/21
Accura is difficult to locate right now. I’ve seen some optima.

What’s the biggest difference?
I have shot both and saw no difference in accuracy. CVA advertises the Accura as their premium rifle to justify the higher price. They say it has a Bergara barrel, but I think the Optima has one also, just not advertised to get customers to pay out more $$$.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 09/15/21
Tbh, I think most of their muzzleloaders are pretty much the same barrel, but I could be wrong. I have a cheapo Wolf, and one of my friends has an Optima, and the only real discernable difference between the two is his does have a better trigger. His outshoots mine by a wee bit, but not enough for me to regret buying the Wolf. CVA makes a pretty nice unit, regardless of whichever series you buy.
Posted By: Jstocks Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 09/15/21
I may have answered my own question.

After looking into it after I posted:
Accura seems to have an adjustable trigger; optima doesn’t
Accura barrels, while made from same SS, are treated with a different process to increase accuracy.
Not worth the increase in $$ to me.
Posted By: Sherwood Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 09/18/21
I bought an Optima when they were introduced many years ago and still have good luck with this accurate rifle. I shoot 110 grains of Triple 7 under a 295 grain Power Belt bullet. Excellent accuracy and very good tissue damage to the chest organs. Quick kills for deer sized game.

Sherwood
Posted By: DryPowder Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 09/19/21
There are 3 50 caliber Accura's on the rack near me but no other calibers. Has anyone seen a 40 or 45 caliber in stock anywhere?
Originally Posted by DryPowder
There are 3 50 caliber Accura's on the rack near me but no other calibers. Has anyone seen a 40 or 45 caliber in stock anywhere?

They wont be making 40s other than in the Paramount series. At this time the MRX 40cal has been delayed or canceled.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 10/09/21
Originally Posted by Jstocks
Accura is difficult to locate right now. I’ve seen some optima.

What’s the biggest difference?

Check your PM's.
Posted By: STA Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 10/13/21
Midway USA had some in stock

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023222156?pid=717277
I can hunt my 50 cal Accura LR-X with scope and just about any projectile in the Midwest. With my QD mount and breech plug, I can make it Pacific NW legal within 5 minutes. The 30 inch Accura was in a local retailer the other day that I happened by, so I picked it up. They had five others in the back. I had been trying for weeks on muzzleloader.com without success. 2021 is finally looking up.
Posted By: woodson Re: CVA Accura vs CVA Optima - 10/15/21
I have a 50 optima and it may be one of my most proud purchases. Trigger is shockingly crisp and reasonably lite. Accuracy with 100 grain (volume) BH209 and 300 grain Harvester Scorpion makes one smile. I got a Bushnell 4200 3-9 on it. Looks great, cleans up easy, trigger requires nothing out of the box, and prints groups most would want from their center fire.

Forgot to mention that I had to switch the breech out for the BH209 unit.
Hello Stillkicking, I would like to here more about your rifle and scope. I also have a accura not the LR-X but earlier model Plz tell me more about where you got the QD mount. Also plz share load and sabots, bullets and primers used. I need to get back into ML hunting.
Thanks Martin
I have a .50 cal Optima V2 and it's all I'd ever need in an inline muzzleloader. I've used 200 TC shockwaves over 100 gr BH 209. When hunting where bear would also be in season, I've used 300 gr Hornady SST over 110 gr of BH 209. Usable 100 yard accuracy from both. The 300 gr Hornady really flattens small deer.
I've had a number of inlines over the years, including Knight Disc Elite, Marlin, TC black Diamond, TC Encore. The Optima is the best.
© 24hourcampfire