Home
Posted By: DeanAnderson One that got away... - 09/30/21
I've had all kinds of muzzleloaders and cap n ball revolvers over the years and enjoyed just about all of them. Down to just a couple now, my 54 cal round ball guns and a new to me 50 cal T/C Impact. But the one that haunts me for selling is a T/C Scout 54 cal pistol. To me, the cool factor was/is off the charts and I used it for hunting, plinking, pole shoots... anything and everything muzzleloading. Guy I knew at a MZ club really wanted it so I finally put an I don't want to sell it price on it... wasn't high enough! Any other woe is me stories out there? Lol! I've assembled all the pieces for another 54 cal round ball rifle, but with the upcoming MZ seasons here by me, I'm really jonesin for that Scout pistol again!
Posted By: smallfry Re: One that got away... - 09/30/21
I was just thinking of that pistol the other day, I use to think it was the Schitt but now think it’s fugly. Now days I am more into traditional flintlocks rifles, pistols and smoothbores. It’s fun looking back at what we thought was the ultimate.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: One that got away... - 09/30/21
My Dad had one of the older TC Thunderhawk inlines a long time ago, and I kick myself for not buying it off him when he got rid of it. It's the only inline I've come across that would shoot patched roundballs well.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: One that got away... - 10/01/21
I regret the loss of every T/C sidelock rifle I have sold. Who knew there'd come a day when they'd all be out of production?

The one I miss the most is the little 54 cal. White Mtn. Carbine.
Posted By: Hubert Re: One that got away... - 10/01/21
I had a T/C 58 flintlock that I sold on here, It was originally a percussion I had converted to flint,,, sorry I ever sold it...
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: One that got away... - 10/06/21
Keep a sharp eye, you may just find one!
Posted By: hookeye Re: One that got away... - 10/06/21
I still have my POS TC Hawken .50 Silver Elite ( w box ).
Sure is pretty.
Bashes my cheek like a mofo.
Posted By: hookeye Re: One that got away... - 10/06/21
Gave a buddy a minty .54 Renegade w super wood.
Hope this is the yr he gets a kill w it.
Posted By: colodog Re: One that got away... - 10/07/21
I should have kept a TC Express rifle. It had two folding rear sights for different yardage and no unneeded bling...
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: One that got away... - 10/08/21
Prior to having developed current interests in such things, I won some custom muzzleloader at a banquet. Brown, maybe? Anyways, a guy with a table of black powder firearms at a gunshow about broke his arm digging out $800 for it. Probably should have kept that, at least long enough to know what it was!
© 24hourcampfire