Home
Posted By: JeffyD School Me on Pellets - 10/04/21
I hunt with a T/C Firestorm flintlock. It's designed to use pellets as well as loose BP. In the interest of conserving my supply of Goex BP, I'd like to put in some range time with pellets. No experience with them, and there are a lot to choose from. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Posted By: rem141r Re: School Me on Pellets - 10/04/21
i use a firestorm 50 flint. 2 50gr pellets and a 240 grain powerbelt are the best in my gun. i put just a couple squirts of 4f down the barrel before i put the pellets in. just about a frizzen full. gun goes off reliably every time. i have also used 3 pellets and it shoots good as well but wallops you pretty good and i don't think its necessary for deer.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: School Me on Pellets - 10/04/21
I prefer the Triple 7 over pyrodex pellets. I have had good luck storing the T7, and not so much with Pyrodex. The T7 is cleaner, easier to clean, and generally very good to handle.

If you can light it, I'd recommend trying the T7 - I do not have any experience with the Firestorm.
Three 50/50 Pellets and 245 gr Powerbelt are my load this year. We'll see if I put it on meat or not...

Mike
PS
I had no difficulty with ignition using a 209 shotgun primer, have never tried lighting them off with regular caps. I shoot loose in my traditional ML's
Posted By: aboltfan Re: School Me on Pellets - 10/07/21
Here you go, best pellet on the market.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....stitute-pellet-50-cal-50-grain-100-count

The next time I find this in loose FFg I'm going to stock up with it for my .54 Renegade and say the hell with black powder.
© 24hourcampfire