Home
A couple of years ago I noticed a hairline crack in the the thumbhole of my laminate Omega stock. Since it's been discontinued for years, it was not easy to find a replacement. I bought an unfinished copy of ebay for $300 of claro walnut. It took some time to find somebody to finish it. Now it's done and I do love it.

2 ways of looking at it...either a very expensive muzzleloader or a very cheap fine hardwood stock.
Glad you found what you wanted, turned out nice. FWIW, Boyds offer several shapes of stocks for the T/C Omega for folks not wanting to go full custom.
So I spent a couple of hours yesterday and again this afternoon sighting it in after putting the scope back on. I after 16 years I am switching from TC shockwaves to a new hunting round....275 grain parker productions. The shockwaves have pinpoint accuracy, but just don't leave a blood trail.

Anyway I am happy with the way it shoots with the new stock. It is heavier than the laminate but that should be a plus with recoil. I guess we will see how I like the new load over the course of the season. At least it's dialed in now.
I'm sitting in a deer stand as I type this with my blued, plastic stocked omega sitting on the rail in front of me. Loaded with 368gr powerbelts. I've killed several elk and deer with it, and wouldn't change a thing
They are great guns. Yours is a beauty. Good luck this season.
I hunted pretty hard with the new stock over the last week. Finally shot a buck yesterday. Handles great and smoothly. I would not want to return to the laminate.
© 24hourcampfire