Home
Posted By: Nessmuk Finding 4f black? - 11/18/21
Looking to get some as I shoot so little, pyrodex goes bad every time.
Posted By: billtrev Re: Finding 4f black? - 12/11/21
You could try Dixon's Muzzleloading shop in Kempton, PA.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Finding 4f black? - 12/11/21
Check Graf and Sons site every now and then You will find it eventually.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Finding 4f black? - 12/13/21
Dixons is a no go. So is Shydas. I've switched to 3F in the pan and I can't tell the difference
Posted By: Pashooter Re: Finding 4f black? - 02/17/22
If you are still looking for 4-f Richland Shooters supply has 4&3 in stock 717- 866-4246 about $ 28.00 a pound. I think its probably schuetzen. It's a bit of a drive from Hershey, but actually a bit closer than Dixons.
Posted By: Mauser06 Re: Finding 4f black? - 02/17/22
Powder valley just had some schuetzen and Swiss within the last week or so... Likely not going to see goex for a couple more years.

For priming flintlocks null B Swiss is awesome. Sounds like you may be running 4f under pyrodex? In that case 2 or 3f would suffice if imagine?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Finding 4f black? - 02/18/22
Wish some of you guys were closer, i only bought KIK powder by the case in person from Powder Inc. up in Clarksville over the years it was available, somehow i wound up with 6 dang pounds of KIK 4F, never ordered that in a case, i either need to find someone to sell it too or have a nice Flintlock built LOL!
Posted By: ClemBert Re: Finding 4f black? - 02/19/22
Give the Judge a call....he's a great guy to deal with!

jackspowderkeg.com

Posted By: SharkWhisperer Re: Finding 4f black? - 02/25/22
Originally Posted by ClemBert
Give the Judge a call....he's a great guy to deal with!

jackspowderkeg.com

From their website, it seems like they're only selling by 25-lb cases, though at a decent price. Also says no mix-n-match on cases. Do they sell individual pounds?

I swung by Back Creek Gun Shop in VA a few weeks ago passing through, and John sold me several different sizes (Goex and Schuetzen) for a decent price. Lots in stock, though he said he was several weeks behind on mail orders because of order volume not availability. Website is: https://www.blackpowderva.com/ of you can call him at the listed number--straight-up guy.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Finding 4f black? - 03/01/22
Graf has some 4F in stock right now (9am cst 3/1/2022)

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/91170
© 24hourcampfire