Home
Posted By: Royce No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
Are there any percussion caps out there on the market? I am seeing a couple of places that claim to have them in stock, but they are retailers I have never heard of.

Thanks.

Royce
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
Only place I ever see them is locally, and rarely. I have enough for now, but eventually may be driven to making them for the one gun I have that uses them, which isn’t a good candidate for a musket cap conversion.

Beware of the new breed of web scammers. If a seller has a bunch of stuff no one else does and at “normal” prices, chances are they’re thieves, especially if the only payment options are Zelle, Paypal, Venmo, etc.

If your gun can accept a musket cap nipple, Grafs has Sheutzen caps.
Posted By: moosemike Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
No. I just paid $100 on Gunbroker for 300 caps because there's been none anywhere for two years. And those online places that have #11's, they make you purchase a minimum $200 order to get them
Posted By: Schmidtx2 Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
Runnings in iowa has been well stocked the last few times I've been there. Powder and balls as well.
https://22lrreloader.com

Attached picture capmaker.jpg
Posted By: Phasmid Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
I have some tins of No. 11s that I would sell or trade for lot less as I haven't shot BP for many years and don't plan to again. But I think to ship legally you have to be a HazMat shipper. It isn't the simple ORMD sticker on the box like it is for ammo. Will you be passing through Laramie, WY sometime?
Posted By: Royce Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
Plasmid
I don’t know what the Regis are for shipping primers. Unfortunately, I won’t be around Laramie in the foreseeable future,

Thanks for the offer.

Royce
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by deerstalker

That’s where I’m headed when I run out.
Posted By: ihookem Re: No. 11 percussion caps? - 01/24/22
I have 3 traditional muzzleloaders that us #11 caps. I decided to try something new so I took a 22lr case and ground it down till it was only about 1/4" long. I took a small rifle primer and put it in the 22 to use as a #11 cap. I dont know who it will shoot and it was kind of loose , however , the cap did go off. This would be a last resort however, if we ran out of caps but still had some small rifle primers. I dont know why it wouldnt work though.
© 24hourcampfire