[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by Sharps Man, on [bleep]

Few more:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_3201 by Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 03/24/22
Nice old mountain rifle, Sharpsman! 😉

Edit! Better pic of another rifle. My 1792 US Contract rifle

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Here’s one of them fullstock St. Louis rifles with that new ignition system.

Built by Mr. John Bergmann
New bag and horn for my smooth rifle

Posted By: DigitalDan Re: This is a...... - 03/24/22
Cool stuff guys. I roll in a few different directions myself, but have found that Lord Black is a hoot and a half.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]

You know I agree. I am only interested in the traditional style muzzleloaders, real black powder, and traditional projectiles (round ball and shot)
I don't care what anyone else uses. But I blame special "muzzleloader seasons" for all the modern, scope sighted, shotgun primer, in-line, stainless and plastic junk some people consider muzzleloaders. That defeats all the reasons I want to use a muzzleloader.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: This is a...... - 03/28/22
this is my just finished Tennessee mountain classic. took me a month to build. 8-10 hours a day!
.45 and it shoots like a dream. Ashmore Warrented lock and Davis triggers. Green Mountain barrel. Iron furniture.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 03/29/22
Very nice, deerstalker!!!
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 03/29/22
How about this one?

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]TM Rigby 5 by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]TM 16 bore with Peep by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
66 cal (16 bore)
Posted By: deerstalker Re: This is a...... - 03/29/22
just in time for spring turkey Steve! that would really look good in my gun case or in the woods!
have never had a muzzle loader with a pistol grip, but like a redhead, am willing to try one!
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: This is a...... - 03/29/22
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Leman Birdseye by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 03/30/22
well deerstalker the 16 bore is a rifle, so if you hit the turkeys in the head you'll be OK, but if you body shoot them you'd better not like turkey meat much, because you won't be left with much.

Now if you want to kill deer, elk, moose, bear, and buffalo, this is the perfect gun. Comes with a ball mold and is Forsyth rifled 1 in 104 inches.,
laugh
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 03/30/22
Szihn!

Recognize that smoothrifle in my bottom pic above? ( same gun at top, below). Thanks to you for that new barrel! It’s a squirrel killin’ machine!!

Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 03/31/22
Is that the one that got the new Colorain?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 03/31/22
Originally Posted by szihn
Is that the one that got the new Colorain?

Thats the one!
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 03/31/22
Cool. Make a lot of meat with it and eat well.
smile
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: This is a...... - 04/01/22
Wow! Thats some nice looking rifles 👍....Hb
Posted By: Business_rifle Re: This is a...... - 04/02/22
Great looking front stuffers
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 04/06/22
I will have an English style half-stock flint sporting rifle for sale soon. It's a 45 cal bullet rifle. Rifling was for using bullets not balls.

I'll post pics soon. I made it for the same man that owns the 16 bore above. It was broken at the wrist and I repaired it good as new, but you can still see the crack in one place despite the fact it's as strong or stronger then it was before the damage. Because of that repair the price will be substantially lower then the same gun would be new. I have not got a firm price from him yet to ask, but it's likely to be in the $1400 range. No mold with this one, but they are easy to get.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 04/11/22
Someday I’d like another Jäger. Something plain like the Pistor Hessian rifle. Around 24 to the pound.
Posted By: BigFiveJack Re: This is a...... - 04/11/22
What a Great collection of photos! I'm going to obtain a flintlock next, a pure tool to shoot deer with reliably,
and without the need of a primer. I've learned from Prairie Dog Shooter, some important details on what
characteristics to require of my flintlock for it to be reliable and durable, and that sort of coaching is beyond
valuable!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: This is a...... - 04/17/22
my latest muzzleloader. just finished it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 04/25/22
Here it is. The repairs are all done.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet flinter by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet 4 by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet flinter 3 by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet flinter 2 by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

The Length of pull is 15 inches but I can shorten it if someone needs a shorter stock.

I'd charge $150 over the cost of the gun ($1400) to do the work.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 04/25/22
Originally Posted by deerstalker
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Quite a piece, deerstalker!!!
Posted By: byron Re: This is a...... - 04/26/22
Here it is. The repairs are all done.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet flinter by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet 4 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet flinter 3 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]45 bullet flinter 2 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

The Length of pull is 15 inches but I can shorten it if someone needs a shorter stock.

I'd charge $150 over the cost of the gun ($1400) to do the work.

Steve, I would like to come by and look at that if you are going to be home one day this week. I assume you still live in the same place ?
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 04/26/22
Yes, I have been here since 1993 I doubt I'll ever go anywhere else God willing.
I am unsure who you are, but wee have met before so it seems.
smile
PM me and we'll talk.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: This is a...... - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

thanks Kaywoodie! that thing is a .50 with a Haddaway lock, 11.5 inch barrel. shoots 2 inches at 25 yards!
i milled the tree that stock came out of in Salem Ore. in 1978. hauled some of the blanks around every since. figured I'd better use them before i die.
building a .45 with a siler lock and green mountain barrel now. wife is wondering what i am going to do with them. told he that's her problem!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: This is a...... - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

thanks Kaywoodie! that thing is a .50 with a Haddaway lock, 11.5 inch barrel. shoots 2 inches at 25 yards!
i milled the tree that stock came out of in Salem Ore. in 1978. hauled some of the blanks around every since. figured I'd better use them before i die.
building a .45 with a siler lock and green mountain barrel now. wife is wondering what i am going to do with them. told he that's her problem!

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍
Posted By: byron Re: This is a...... - 04/26/22
Yes, I have been here since 1993 I doubt I'll ever go anywhere else God willing.
I am unsure who you are, but wee have met before so it seems.
smile
PM me and we'll talk.

PM sent
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 04/26/22
Got it. Sent you one back.
smile
Posted By: Utahunter Re: This is a...... - 04/27/22
What a great collection of traditional muzzleloaders, TRUE muzzleloaders. I currently have a 1980's vintage T/C Renegade .50 that i shoot with a tang peep sight and fiber optic front sight. I know they're not traditional sights, but the Renegade isn't really a traditional muzzleloader. My other 2 rifles are a custom made Vincent style Ohio 1/2 stock percussion rifle with a 40" Green Mountain round ball barrel and a TVM Late Lancaster .54 flintlock. Plastic stocked, bolt action or break action rifles with scopes should be hunted with during the regular firearms hunting season, not during special muzzleloader seasons.
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 05/10/22
Coming very soon:
A Fredrick Sell style like the one on page 100 of "Kentucky Rifles and Pistol 1750 to 1850

50 cal, exceptional curly maple stock. Inlaid and carved, with engraving in all the appropriate places.

For sale
$3000.
Will take payments after a $1000 down.
Remainder to be paid as and when the buyer can, according to their wishes and schedule.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: This is a...... - 05/13/22
I need to sell some rifles! Got old and tired!
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 06/07/22
I'll be ready to start the carving on the F. Sell today or tomorrow. It's getting close to being done.
Speaking of real muzzleloaders;

This is an original S. Hawken rifle I was allowed to load and shoot recently at the Hawken Classic in Missouri.

It is a .50 caliber, with a fairly heavy barrel. Owned by the Hawken Shop. It was a real thrill to get to shoot it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: szihn Re: This is a...... - 06/29/22
The F. Sell flinter is now sold.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: This is a...... - 07/14/22
I'm pretty happy with my Pedersoli Hawken Hunter.

© 24hourcampfire