Home
Posted By: Partsman Thompson Center Triumph - 09/29/23
My latest auction purchase, still waiting for it, will be my first modern black powder, will be interesting to see how it is.

Thompson Center Trumph 50 Cal Black Powder SS 27" Serial # VBY 9967 Camo Stock + Barrel with 3x 10-40 Scope -
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Thompson Center Triumph - 10/06/23
Congrats. I’ve had amazing accuracy from my T/C inlines with 2 777 pellets and a 250 grain Barnes sabot or Thor full bore. Accuracy with three pellets is good, but not as good as 2 pellets.
Good luck in finding the bore pristine. So many used muzzleloaders bought online contain brown surprises inside the barrel, or at the breechplug area.

My two entry-level inline muzzleloaders of interest for beginners, are the T/C Triumph and the CVA Wolf. So many were sold and having mostly all favorable reviews.

I'm not familiar with the entry-level inline Traditions Buckstalker. I cannot include it for a recommendation for saving money in this industry.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Thompson Center Triumph - 10/13/23
Well goer called it, could not see through barrel, so tool breech plug out and cleaned crap out, and bore patches were really rusty, can see some shine, but will finish scrubbing then put bore scope through.
Hope it is not that bad.🤞🤞
Don't look through the bore scope!!! Lol! Clean it good and shoot it! It may surprise you!
Posted By: Partsman Re: Thompson Center Triumph - 10/13/23
Well started with bristle brush, now trying an old tornado brush, made of stainless, then I am going to try steel wool wrapped around so it is a tight fit, figure it will get to the bottom of the rifling, could only get 30 grain pellets and 245 grain sabots from Hornady, so when I can get it out, will be interesting to see how it does.
I'd try some loose powder too...
© 24hourcampfire