Home
Posted By: eclectic Knight lk 93 - 09/16/10
On impulse today, I bought my first muzzleloader. I have been eyeballing them for a number of years, but never did see one used that was in good enough shape to motivate me. I always feared rust down the hole that I could not see.

Anyway, it is a Knight lk 93 and I paid $100 even. It is in good shape, but there were no accessories, so I need to find the wrench.

Where does a guy start? I know I'll need conicals and probably RS, and #11 caps, but what conicals. I'm in Idaho, and this thing is legal here so I went for it.
Posted By: sourdough44 Re: Knight lk 93 - 09/16/10
I would start with Knight customer service at 866 518-4181. I see Knight parts on Gunbroker. Are you looking for a "C" tool? I don't know much about the 93. The guys at modernmuzzleloader.com would fix you right up, with info.
Posted By: eclectic Re: Knight lk 93 - 09/17/10
Thanks sourdough44. I got in touch with the guy that use to own this thing, and he said he had the wrench and some other stuff that I could have.

Knight is out of business, so it probably would do no good to call them. I was hoping someone here would be able to give me a tip as to which bullet to use, powder charge, and maybe where to pick up a few accessories at a good price.

Posted By: ChrisDingell Knight has been revived - 09/18/10
Various parts are here:
http://www.knightrifles.com/home.php
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Knight has been revived - 09/18/10
I've always loved Knight muzzleloaders.....
Posted By: TCB Re: Knight has been revived - 09/20/10
WOW...
My first inline quite some years ago was a BK93.
Great rifle. Brings back memories.
Posted By: eclectic Re: Knight has been revived - 09/21/10
The previous owner brought me the wrench and a couple of tubes of Knight thread grease. The load he was using is not legal here, so I am back to trying to decide what bullet to try. He did say it was an accurate rifle.

The local deer season for muzzleloaders is in Dec., so I have a little time yet. The house remodel is going to keep me out of the regular season.

I am toying with the idea of a peep. I have them on a couple of other rifles. So much to do/decide and so little time.
Posted By: keith Re: Knight lk 93 - 09/22/10
I have two of the LK93's in 50 Caliber. I would highly recommend the converstion to a 209 Shotgun primer.

My 50's love the Knight High Velocity Black Sabot and the Hornady 300g XTP with 90-100g of Powder. Deer do not stop this set up.

Throw the #11 caps away, they will cost you a nice buck.
Posted By: eclectic Re: Knight lk 93 - 09/23/10
keith, the 209's are not legal here. Nor are sabots. It is what it is and will probably stay that way. I do not know if musket caps would be an improvement or not. They are legal here.
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Knight lk 93 - 09/23/10
Originally Posted by eclectic
Thanks sourdough44. I got in touch with the guy that use to own this thing, and he said he had the wrench and some other stuff that I could have.

Knight is out of business, so it probably would do no good to call them. I was hoping someone here would be able to give me a tip as to which bullet to use, powder charge, and maybe where to pick up a few accessories at a good price.

Knight is not out of business.
Posted By: bigblock455 Re: Knight lk 93 - 09/23/10
they are until they start producing rifles that are listed and selling IMO
© 24hourcampfire