Home
Got this guy in western Nebr last w/e. 80 yd shot as he came to the decoy.

100gr of BH209 with a 250 Hornady SST/ML with a Harvester sabot.

[Linked Image]
Nice!! Omega?
Very nice Speed Goat for Knee Braskee!! grin Used to do all my hunting around Kimball.
Posted By: omega45 Re: The BH209 did the job. pic - 09/28/11
Nice goat!! Glad to hear that combo worked out for you.
Yep that is an Omega.
Nice goat congrats!
Wow, very nice. That is some seriously flat lookin country! The SST 250 is one of the bullets I'm shooting, have you been happy with it?
I've shot two mulies with the 250 gr Hornady SST. Both died.

One was smallish 3x3 at 40 yards slighlty quartering towards me and a behind the shoulder boiler room complete pass through. Quarter sized hole in - half dollar out. Ran about 40 or 50 yards and that was it.

The other was a larger 3x3 - head shot at 65 yards - DRT.

Sample of two with perfect results. smile
80 yd shot mostly head on, punched in and took out the heart and lungs and exited right behind the ribs but did not take out any guts thankfully. Got lucky and it just missed them I guess. I just started shooting that bullet about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I sure can't complain about the accuracy or effectiveness. Granted a 250 grain SST on an antelope isn't really fair. But it is my new favorite bullet with the BH209.

As far as flat some places are much flatter than others. Most fields are 1 mile long but their can be some rolling hills and some rougher stuff but we never got into any of that.
Good deal. I've read a ton of stuff on various bullets in the past few days, and the 250's seem to be the most popular for what I'm gonna be doing. The other that I bought to try is the shockwave 200. Haven't shot it yet though.
Dang nice animal Smackerquacker. I've never hunted anywhere but in S.E. Louisiana woods, swamps and marsh. How the heck do you get within 80 yards of an animal on that giant ping-pong table?
Very nice! Does Nebraska have a muzzleloader only antelope season?

ddj
Originally Posted by sosowingshooter
Wow, very nice. That is some seriously flat lookin country! The SST 250 is one of the bullets I'm shooting, have you been happy with it?

250gr SST at 110yds thru both shoulders
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Good Lord, what did that beast weigh? Heckuva deer..
I would love to get your thoughts on this bullet, and other ML questions, but I hate to hijack SQ's thread. If I haven't already..

Start a new one and 250lbs
and to get back on track hell of a nice Antelope!
Beautiful Antelope, gonna make a great mount.
dvdegeorge, is that a Western N.Y. buck? Very nice!

JohnP
Yes,WNY is a sleeper spot for big buck
Congrats on a nice one!!
Semisane, the pic is somewhat deceptive because the hill rolls in the other direction. Come over the hill with the decoy and he came running to me.

Trouthunter, Nebr does have a ML season for antelope. Took me 3 years to get a tag. Only like 150 tags or something.
Smackerquacker what scope are you running on your Omega?
smackerquacker:

You Bum!! That was my goat! I been watching him since he was a kid...I demand that you rectify the situation by sending me the mounted head and 15lbs of meat - and don't go cheap on that mount either!

grin grin grin grin

Really a nice job of getting him into range and taking him with a front stuffer. I hope you are going to get that head mounted as they just don't come much prettier than him.

Congratulations!

Johnny $

That scope is a Buckridge or something 3-9x50. It isn't anything special as far as scopes go. Cheapest scope I have actually. I had it on the AR but put a 4-16 Monarch on there and then Nebr legalized scopes for the ml so it went on the Omega. I may upgrade to the Omega scope or figure something else out because this one has touched me on the face once or twice. Not bad but bad enough that you know it.

Yeah the antelope is with Chris at Turkey Creek Taxidermy in Wilcox. He has done a deer and bobcat for me also and I have been very happy with his work.
Nikon Omega is a nice scope for the MZer has 5" of eye releif so no more bite in the eye....Leupold VXII 2x7 is what I am running on my Omega
© 24hourcampfire