Home
so, i bought an omega and will mount a scope. are those tc mounts/rings one finds at walmart sufficient (both are in same package for around 22 bucks), or does one need steel bases and rings. what rings/mounts do you have on your omega?

thanks
Warne
I use Leupold quick detach on both Omega and Encore.
I am a big fan of the Dead Nutz (DNZ Products)one piece mount for the Omega.
so, it appears few folks use the tc mounts.

does that also mean few use aluminum? since recoil on a ml seems significantly less than that of the average cf deer rifle, wouldn't aluminum work just as well?

thanks
weaver bases and rings have always done the job for me.
I'm a Leupold slut so all my guns except for one has Leupolds, but my bil got a T/C and couldnt find any Leupold mounts so I directed him to Talleys.

Its a one piece unit and does nicely for him.
I like the Talley mounts also and they are aluminum. What I found on my Omega Dream Season rifle and Nikon Omega scope with 5" of eye relief was that the Talley mount put the scope about 1/4" to 1/2" farther back than the DNZ mount. This caused problems for me with eye relief since I had to be too far back on the rifle. With a different scope it could be an entirely different situation.
Evolution Gun Works (EGW) base and Tactical Precision Systems (TPS) rings. Great quality on both parts. Picatinny rail offers lots of room for mounting.
ok, another question, only this one pertains to eye relief. i'll be mounting a new leupy 4x scope, so i'll need to slide the scope toward the rear to suit me. knowing this, which mount/rings gives the most latitude moving a scope. can i expect too have to crane my neck forward with the one-piece units, as opposed to just a weaver base and a couple of weaver rings (which i believe one has some latitude when mounting rings to base)? anyone using a fixed scope on their ml? thanks
Leupold quick detach for me...returns to zero every time
Originally Posted by keyshunter
I use Leupold quick detach on both Omega and Encore.

+1

Doc
I have leopold QR rings and bases on mine. It always returns to zero when removing and replacing the scope.
Leupold QR here too...
© 24hourcampfire