Home
Posted By: deerhunter5555 TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/17/12
Picked one up on trade and thought it would be fun to knock some squirrels down with it. Looking for some info. on them. I neeed a starting point as far as loads go. What is the twist rate on this?
Any help or info. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erich
Posted By: gunner500 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/17/12
Congrats 555, i've never had one, but did recently find out there were maxi balls made for it, and IIRC they weigh around 127 grs.

Would be fun swatting the chit out of a coyote with one. smile

Gunner
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/17/12
Fine rifles. It's a shame they are no longer made.

I had one back in the mid 70's and my load for squirrels and rabbits was 20 grs. Fffg and a PRB. If I was after bigger varmints I upped the load to 40 grs. and the same PRB. I'm sorry I do not remember what the twist is. I kinda wish I still had it but it wasn't enough hisotrically correct to suit me. The 36 I've had for the last 25 years is.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/17/12
Thanks guys.

sharps- excuse my stupidity, I'm unclear on the "PRB" I assume it's -Round Ball?

N/M....duh...patched round ball
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/17/12
Here's a [color:#3333FF]TC Load Manual...[/color][/b]

[b]Page 72
Posted By: SmokeEater2 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/19/12
I have a CVA squirrel rifle in .36 and it seems to be most accurate with 20 grain loads. I use PRB's and it's a heck of a lot of fun to hunt with.

Your T/C is a damn fine rifle and it should do you proud.

Posted By: TNrifleman Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/20/12
My TC Seneca shoots PRBs fine over the 20 grain charge noted in previous posts. Fine rifles.
Posted By: ERW3 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/23/12
I have one and 20-25 gr of 3 fffg over the patched swaged roundball works really well with head shots. The 25 gr load can be a little much if you hit them in the body.
I also know mine shoots much better with real black powder than with any of the replacements.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/23/12
Thank you for the tips. What grain roundball you shooting over 20-25gr B.P.?
Posted By: ERW3 Re: TC Seneca .36 cal - 10/28/12
I use the Hornady .350 swaged round ball and I think they weight 65 gr. I know they are very accurate, more so than the cast I used has a boy. Some where there is a maxiball mould around my dad bought when he bought it new not sure what I would use it for. I have shot squirrels foxes and woodchucks with the RB with perfect results.
© 24hourcampfire