Home
Posted By: Martin@Hin Bullet lube - 03/18/01
Hi there , Iwould like your opinion on bulletlube?<BR>I bought a Lee 50 cal REAL mould and some sticks of TC bore butter (1000) it's the yellow stuff that's on there Maxi ball.<BR>I pan lubed 60 bullets(because one lubricator is set up with RCBS lube for smokeless and the second with SPG for my Sharps and I don't want to buy a third one)when I took them to the range the lube would not stick to the bullets it was 0 deg C.<P>On Hunt AM a lot of people did not like the bore butter because it leaves a film.<BR>Then to day a am reading Handloader and Ross Seyfried thinks it's the best.<P>As for me I wonder if I should try some SPG.<BR>Like to hear your opinion.<BR>Regards Martin
Posted By: blammer Re: Bullet lube - 03/18/01
I too shoot a 50 Cal and have cast my own Lee REAL bullets they come out to 252 grains when I cast them. I have used TC Bore Butter Natural Lube 1000 plus and Maxi Lube on them and they both do very well for me. I like the Bore Butter because it is harder and stays on the bullets better, but I am in North Carolina, and the avg temp is about 30 degrees or so in the winter. The maxi lube is too thin for me.<BR>P.S. Crisco works well too!<p>[This message has been edited by blammer (edited March 18, 2001).]
Posted By: Martin@Hin Re: Bullet lube - 04/02/01
Blammer,<P>Thanks Martin
© 24hourcampfire