Home
Posted By: woodson Savage ml-2 - 12/24/12
Anyone seen any stainless savage mL 2 reasonable priced? If so where and how much should I expect
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Savage ml-2 - 12/24/12
The SS versions have not been made in a few years. Expect to pay a $100-150 premium vs a blued model if you can find one and they sell fast.

You are better off getting a discounted blued model and buy a SS aftermarket 45cal barrel. You will be much happier and accuracy is fantastic.
Posted By: JSC Re: Savage ml-2 - 12/24/12
It is hard to find a good used SS for less than $300 - $500 more than a new blued gun. Supply and demand. If I see one for less, I'll let you know.
Posted By: woodson Re: Savage ml-2 - 12/26/12
Anyone know of a good resource for replacement stocks for the Savage ML that includes the ramrod hole? I read that the factory synthetic is like a wet noodle.
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Savage ml-2 - 12/26/12
I think you can still buy the Savage MLII laminate stocks but they are not cheap. They were over $200 the last time i checked.
Posted By: woodson Re: Savage ml-2 - 12/26/12
Any replacement aftermarket ones available?
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Savage ml-2 - 12/26/12
None that i know of have the cutout for a ramrod. Boyds has a 1 or 2 laminates that are about $100 and you can probably cut a channel for a ramrod.

A couple guys on Dougs board are very good at setting them up. Finished cost for bedding, pillars, better recoil pad and modding for a ramrod will cost more than a factory laminate but they will be very nice.
© 24hourcampfire