Home
im having a custom 8 bore(.835) muzzleloader rifle built and would like to find a mold in the 1500 grain range, or anything you all know about.
Or 8 bore ready made bullet suppliers. Any info or sources appreciated.

Thanks for looking!!!
Out of my league but I'd bet NEI can set you up. click here
Originally Posted by colodog
Out of my league but I'd bet NEI can set you up. click here

Youre right,NEI does have some. I found diameters from .820,.835, to .849. I assume these are all 8 bore molds?
Thanks.

Share some info on your 8 bore, I've alway had an interest in building one.
Originally Posted by tmitch

Share some info on your 8 bore, I've alway had an interest in building one.

well tmitch, i will tell you everything about mine,but I'M not the one building it, a blackpowder expert builder is. found my builder on the traditional muzzleloading forum,and i can set you up with him if you like.
but now ill tell you about mine,to my specifications and his.
a 30" tapered octagon barrel of modern rifle steel,nitro proofed,blk powder load 400 grains, either 1:40 twist or 1:144, i chose 1:40 for big conicals. Bastogne walnut,half stock,musket cap ignition,heavy hammer,two leaf express sight for 50/100 yards,i chose rust brown finish on the steel,oil rub on the wood. heavy duty lug for recoil.Leather recoil pad.
Its not done yet,still be several more months. I think you build it like any muzzleloader except with heavier duty design.

Hope it gave you an idea.

Heavy conicals and 400 grains of BP, sounds like loads of fun! Do you know who's making the barrel?
I believe its a Rayl barrel.
Originally Posted by tmitch
Heavy conicals and 400 grains of BP, sounds like loads of fun! Do you know who's making the barrel?

You have lost your mind. laugh
© 24hourcampfire