Home
Posted By: stomatador Thompson customer service - 05/11/17
The breech plug in my muzzleloader seemed to be fouling more of late. I phoned Thompson Center and asked if it were possible for the seal rings to wear out. The TC guy said yes and that he'd ship me new ones (no hassle, no charge and he threw in an o-ring; I liked the guy) and they arrived today. I removed the old ones and then snapped this pic. Not only were they worn about .012" but I was missing all of one and part of another.

[Linked Image]
They have replaced two barrels on my TC Hawkin so far.Last time they told me they are getting harder to come by
I haven't interacted with them lately but they used to be excellent. I had a gunsmith do a trigger job on an Encore and he botched it. Even though the warranty was voided, T/C replaced the trigger mechanism at no cost, no questions asked.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Thompson customer service - 05/11/17
Originally Posted by saddlesore
They have replaced two barrels on my TC Hawkin so far.Last time they told me they are getting harder to come by

No more Hawken barrels...I tried to buy one from em...no luck. Bought one on ebay and am good to go now.

Have a shooter Hawken barrel for sale if anyone is interested...50 cal.
I sold a vintage willys Jeep 2 a guy in New Hampshire. He said his brother used to own T C. Said the days of good service is over. If you remember I am the guy with the barrel bulge in October........called em last month.......they are working on it.........Leupold they are not. I am done buying T C. Too bad.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Thompson customer service - 05/17/17
I bought a 50 Renegade in the early 80s , I shot it to sight in and a shot or 2 at deer with their published loads for 2 or 3 years.. The stock started splitting. I sent it back . In a couple of weeks they sent me a brand new renegade, No questions asked.. I bought a fox ridge outfitters 22lr carbine barrel. when you put a cartridge in and closed the action something wasn't right it would dent the brass. I sent it back and in no time it was back and worked right. No questions asked.
But I have bought several guns of different types and brands over the years..TC is the only brand I have ever needed customer service for. And I needed it for both the guns I bought from them.
Posted By: bangeye Re: Thompson customer service - 05/23/17
I haven't needed anything for sometime but yes they were first rate the once or twice I called them.
© 24hourcampfire