Home
Posted By: centershot Smokepole Jackrabbits! - 11/20/17
Looking through this forum the other day and saw the pics of a young man with a big old grin after shooting a muzzleloader. Well that got me thinking that it's been a while since I'd shot mine. So, Saturday afternoon I went out and shot a few patched round balls through my TC Hawken and sure enough I found that silly grin also. That was so much fun I figured I'd go try to find some Jacks on Sunday. Holy Smokes was that ever fun. I ended up shooting a dozen or so rabbits in about 17-18 shots. Ran out of powder and spent the rest of the morning shooting with my .17HMR. Fun (and very effective) but no where near as fun as the old Hawkin. I have to regroup and give that another go. Too much fun.
[Linked Image]
Got to love those old TC Hawkens. Light, accurate and dependable as a broom - and as you said - a whole lotta' fun! Good story and thanks for taking time to share it with us.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Smokepole Jackrabbits! - 11/24/17
That's great! I'm looking forward to getting that young man out chasing hares with the smokepole this winter. Should be a lot of fun I think!
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Smokepole Jackrabbits! - 11/26/17
That looks like too much fun.
© 24hourcampfire