Home
Since building my SML, the TC Omega has been permanently retired so plan to sell. I’m thinking I can mail through USPO and shipping CONUS insured would run about $40. Does that sound correct?
Posted By: vincemig Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/16/17
I just shipped a GPR to Virginia from Colorado and it was $44 priority mail insured.
Cool, thanks, sounds like I’m in the ballpark then...
Posted By: WV_Hunter1 Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/21/17
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader
Since building my SML, the TC Omega has been permanently retired so plan to sell. I’m thinking I can mail through USPO and shipping CONUS insured would run about $40. Does that sound correct?

So what is your Omega, and how much?
And yeah, most ML's I've seen it runs $20-40 depending on location.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/21/17
Long gun MLs okay, handguns not.

I shipped two in one box!
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/21/17
i've shipped over a 100 to members here.i take the barrel off on anything i can,shorter box ships cheaper.no gun logos on the outside of the box. i take gun boxes apart and put them back together with the writing on the inside.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/21/17
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I wasn't aware of that. USPS reg or what? No flame, just seeking education.
Thanks.
It’s a SS thumbhole camo. Turns out I mentioned selling it at work two days ago and a coworker agreed to buy it on the spot for $200. Guess I should have more asked more LOL. Just glad he’ll put a great gun back into service.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/22/17
I ordered a short Pedersoli rifle from Dixie Gun Works yesterday and shipping was only 16 bucks. It just gave prices, I don't know the carrier. TN to PA, not too far.
I usually expect 30/40 bucks when I ship a long gun.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Shipping ML USPO CONUS? - 12/22/17
Originally Posted by Brazos
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I wasn't aware of that. USPS reg or what? No flame, just seeking education.
Thanks.

To the best of my recollection (!), the regs forbid anything that can be "concealed". I spent considerable time looking stuff up and conferring with my local P.O. before I shipped the rifles I sold. ML handguns can be shipped by other carriers.
Antiques:

Antique firearms are defined as any muzzle loading rifle/shotgun/pistol, which is designed to use black powder or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition.

They must be:

Mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm.
Certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum that exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest.
from usps site.
© 24hourcampfire