Home
Has any body had one of these 209 conversions done to their Ruger 77 50?
I have killed a bunch of deer plus a turkey and bear with my old Ruger, but the musket caps are a lot less than reliable, and really hard for me to manipulate with my old arthritic hands. This reads good and is expensive. I need some real world experience, before I open my musty moth ridden wallet.
Thanks
Bfly
Originally Posted by Blackfly1
Has any body had one of these 209 conversions done to their Ruger 77 50?
I have killed a bunch of deer plus a turkey and bear with my old Ruger, but the musket caps are a lot less than reliable, and really hard for me to manipulate with my old arthritic hands. This reads good and is expensive. I need some real world experience, before I open my musty moth ridden wallet.
Thanks
Bfly

Being that they are located in VA I would contact them. It appears to be a very solid setup and if I had a 700 ML or the 77 I would for sure do that modification.
I did one of the first before Badger Ridge took over sales. I bought directly from "Hunter" on Doug's Message Boards forum and installed it myself. As I understand they've made a minor change to the firing pin since I did mine, but it works great. If Ruger would have made the 77/50 with that setup from the start, they'd still be selling them.
Originally Posted by tmitch
I did one of the first before Badger Ridge took over sales. I bought directly from "Hunter" on Doug's Message Boards forum and installed it myself. As I understand they've made a minor change to the firing pin since I did mine, but it works great. If Ruger would have made the 77/50 with that setup from the start, they'd still be selling them.

Was trying to find a SS m77 for sale and by the time you add the cost plus this modification you can almost buy a new Remington Muzzleloader. If I owned a Ruger muzzleloader I would send it to those guys for that mod
I sent my bolt to Badger Ridge the other day. I'll try to give some updates when I get it back and do some shooting.
Thanks for the onput.
Bfly
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by tmitch

Was trying to find a SS m77 for sale and by the time you add the cost plus this modification you can almost buy a new Remington Muzzleloader. If I owned a Ruger muzzleloader I would send it to those guys for that mod

And then send off the RemUML to Arrrowhead to have a new $300 plug and ignition system installed just so it can reliably shoot Blackhorn209 without gas cutting. This is a known problem with the UF and Rem UltimateML. http://www.arrowheadsporting.com/asggen2_uml.html
© 24hourcampfire