Home
Posted By: ewms TC Impact and primers - 01/06/19
As mentioned in a previous thread, I'm new to MLing. I recently picked up a TC Impact and when putting accessories together, bought some Cheddite 209 cx2000 primers as that was available at the local store along with some BH209 powder.

When I put one of the primers in the primer pocket, I noticed the primer does not seat flush in the pocket but extends out, the reason I'm asking about this is the only ML I've shot, I saw the primer flush in the pocket. Is this normal or is the Cheddite too long to use?

Thanks
Posted By: 4570fan Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/06/19
They don't sit flush in the Impact.
Posted By: MOGC Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/06/19
Yes, it's normal for the primer to not be flush on the Impact breech plug.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/06/19
I assume it won't sit flush because you need a way to get ahold of the fired primer and pull it out of the breech plug.
Posted By: ewms Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/06/19
Thanks guys.
Posted By: DrGnarr Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/06/19
try 100 grain per the BH 209 measure tube with the black crush rib sabots with hornady xtp .45 pistol bullets - 300 grain. Deadly combo out of the impact.
Posted By: ihookem Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/12/19
100 gr of 209 is a stiff load. I do well with 80 gr. My Impact takes heavy loads better than my Encore.
Posted By: DrGnarr Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/12/19
Originally Posted by ihookem
100 gr of 209 is a stiff load. I do well with 80 gr. My Impact takes heavy loads better than my Encore.

you actually measure the weight or use the blackhorn measuring tubes? My understanding is 100 in their tube might weigh mush less. don't know, never weighed it. I started at 100 cause the loads on their website were 80 - 120, figured I'd start in the middle and it worked like a charm.

Blackhorn load data

Now with the flintlock I use 80 grains of fff.
Posted By: ihookem Re: TC Impact and primers - 01/12/19
I go by volume. I will start weighing to try to get better groups.
© 24hourcampfire