Home
When my grandfather passed away he gave me his CVA Firebolt Ultramag in .45 cal. I didnt really hunt at the time so I squirreled it away. Now that I am looking to dive back into rifle hunting, I am pondering if I wanna practice with a muzzleloader as well and realizing I don't know the first thing about it. I started by trying to find the owners manual but surprisingly CVA says they don't have it anymore (how does that happen?!) and they directed me to a small company that apparently still manufactures replacement parts for this model. They did not have the owners manual anywhere either.

Do any of you by chance have the owners manual for this gun? If not, would anyone be willing to share the basics on how to operate it (specifically load information and considerations?). How much powder? Sabot or canonical? Percussion caps types? What else?
You may want to call CVA - but I believe this is the last CVA manual for the Firebolts.

https://cva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Bolt-Action-Inline-Warranty-Manual.pdf
Thanks AH64guy, I did get in contact with them and they told me they did not have the manual and to reach out to another company. I did see that manual but as this is a .45 cal the load data provided in that manual is not applicable. frown
Winchester X-150 was a rebranded CVA Hunterbolt. Not quite the same
http://www.survivorlibrary.com/library/winchester_x150_muzzle_loading_rifle.pdf

Stick with 100gr max in Triple7 and 120gr max in Pyro or real black and you should be fine with a 200gr bullet. Buy some cheap 40cal 200gr XTPs and 45x40 sabots. As long as you dont shoot mag charges the XTP will do ok.
MAN I HAVE ONE 90 GR OF TRIPLE 7 AND A 195 POW1ER BUILT YELLOW TIP AN BASE WITH A 209 IF YOURS HAS IT I THINK THEY A;LL DID AT THE TIME WILL DO ANYTHING OUT TO 150 YARDS THATS 1 INCH OVER BULL EYE AT100
I HAVE A BOOK IN MY HANDS FOR U
100gr blackhorn209, 195gr barnes, harvester ez load sabot, shots touching at 100 yards in my firebolt! It also loves 90gr alliant black mz with a 228gr maxiball.
© 24hourcampfire