Home
Posted By: WPAHunter50 Where to buy flints? - 09/04/19
Going to try the flintlock for deer this year. Where do you flintlock shooters buy yours ?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Where to buy flints? - 09/05/19
Have you done a Google search? Track of the Wolf is where I would start, but every traditional ML purveyor in the world sells flints.
I have had good luck with the flints from Track of the Wolf.
Posted By: WPAHunter50 Re: Where to buy flints? - 09/05/19
Thanks guy's I'll give them a try.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Where to buy flints? - 09/06/19
I use Tracks flints as they are great quality and generally always available in stock!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Where to buy flints? - 09/14/19
Real flints run much better than those manufactured ones. Only use those as a last resort.
Posted By: tomme boy Re: Where to buy flints? - 09/22/19
Neolithics.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Where to buy flints? - 09/22/19
I've had very good luck with..."The Gun Works"... [email protected] In Springfield OR I ordered 3 dozen last time, uniformly knapped , and I believe they were hand sorted.
As a sidebar, experts say that the best flints are a uniform gray. Don't believe it, I received about 20% that had a lot of cream color and some brown, doubting, I went ahead and tried them. Amazing, 50 or 60 strikes. My frizzen is really hard, sawn flints barely work, the frizzen just destroys them. My lock is an odd size for a .54 and I gave the lady, Suzy, the ideal dimension, and that's what I got. Not the cheapest, but the best I've had 30 years of flintlock competition.
© 24hourcampfire