Home
Posted By: atse CVA hunterbolt - 12/19/19
I have a cva hunterbolt, built somewhere around 2001. I am hunting elk in idaho, so I have to use an all lead, non
Jacketed bullet. Has any one used maxi balls in this rifle, or have other suggestions, and loads that have worked well. I currently have used power belt bullets with good accuracy. I am also switching over to musket caps instead of 209 primers, as that is part of Idaho's regulations as well. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Snyper Re: CVA hunterbolt - 12/19/19
Maxiballs suck.
Try MaxiHunters
Posted By: atse Re: CVA hunterbolt - 12/20/19
Thanks. That is good to know.
Posted By: Idaholewis Re: CVA hunterbolt - 12/20/19
Maxi’s Suck? When did they start doing that? I make better bullets, but nothing in the World Wrong with Maxi Balls

Idaholewis, I watched your video. Good shooting. Would maxi balls be a good place to start,or would you recommend something else.? Barrel twist is 1 in 28.
Originally Posted by atse
Idaholewis, I watched your video. Good shooting. Would maxi balls be a good place to start,or would you recommend something else.? Barrel twist is 1 in 28.

I HIGHLY advise Bullshop Bullets, the 504-460, Dan can Size them to Whatever you want/need? They come lubed with his NASA Lube that I HIGHLY advise as well. Bullet Lube can MAKE or BREAK accuracy.
https://bullshop.weebly.com/-50-caliber-cast-bullets.html

The problem with Store Bought bullets such as TC Maxi’s is Quality Control, I have seen them with Holes in them, Wrinkles, HORRIBLE Fill out, Just PLAIN Poor Quality!! This is the Reason i Started Casting, I own 4 Custom 50 Cal Molds that Shoot STELLAR in the 1:28 Twist. I actually Copied Dan’s Bullshop 460 with his Permission 👍

This is one of my FAVORITE .50 Cal Bullets, My Bullshop 460

Target From Video above
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A few 50s that i Cast

This is my Newest Version, i need to get out and Shoot this one, 460 Grain

485 Grain

395 Grain
Thanks for the good info. I will call him.
© 24hourcampfire