Home
Posted By: PeteD Fowlers - 01/15/20
Some years ago, I developed a fondness for flintlock smoothbores...aka flintlock fowlers. Ultimately, I had one made for me by Mike Brooks (www.fowlingguns.com).
I have not seen much reference to these versatile firearms. Anyone else shooting a fowler?
(All of my pictures are too large to post.)
Pete
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Fowlers - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by PeteD

(All of my pictures are too large to post.)
Pete

Left click on the photo you want to resize. It will show a drop down menu.With the top saying "Preview"

Select open with "Paint"
When it opens, in the top right, select Resize"
Then "Pixel"
Set the "horizontal" to 900 and " Maintain Ratio"

Then "File" Top Right, Select "Save As" . and select where you want to save the new resized photo to EX> Computer, Desktop.

If it is still too big,repeat the process and make the Pixel number smaller
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Fowlers - 01/15/20
I have two that might qualify as fowling pieces.

Virginia style smooth rifle in 20 bore by the late GL Jones

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And a Centermark French fusil de Chasse I built from a kit. I recently did some custom fitting of a germanic triggerguard and a fancier french sideplate on it.

I’ve busted two nice hogs with the fusil de chasse. One was a big sow at 90 paces. .595 patched RB and 70 grains of FFFG

Edit!!!!!

Oops I forgot! I also have a 20 bore Barnett copy of a typical old Northwest trade fusil. I don’t have a pic of it. But it looks just like all the other NW guns out there. Lock marked "Barnett 1838". I cannot remember the fellows name who built it.
© 24hourcampfire