Home
If you have one.

My John Bergmann fullstock .54 calibre. With tapered barrel. A joy to tote in the woods.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That’s a beauty Bob! Makes me ashamed of my T/C Hawken 54. 🤠
Here's mine...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Not really custom, but my traditions st louis hawken that i made up from a kit. Brass work was done with powder horn nails to add some grip for cold/wet conditions. Its actually functions unlike the large brass tacks we often see on guns. Hurts like hell with conicals though!

The barrel, tang and trigger are all completely bedded for a solid fit. I cut a dovetail for the rear sight as the original was a screw on set up which sucked. Most importantly, i placed that rear sight in a position where i could see it perfectly.
Neal! No need to be ashamed ! Thems good rifles! Thanks!

I know there are some other nice Mountain rifles out there. Hope they are along shortly!
I think that looks really nice bigblock!!! You did a great job on that rifle. I bet it’s a shooter too!!! ( (I see by the meat being made with it!).
Damn nice Stumpbuster!!!! Classic
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Builder is unknown.
Very nice KW, congrats, You've already seen my custom Hawken laying across a bunch of dead deer. cool
And nice rifles to the rest of you guys too!
Nice semisane!

Thanks gunner!
Originally Posted by gunner500
Very nice KW, congrats, You've already seen my custom Hawken laying across a bunch of dead deer. cool

Kinda like this?

Good Lord, cap locks, forsooth. No earthly good will come of caplock guns and the imbibing of spiritous liquors before the sun has reached it's zenith. I fear for our young men.
LOL, YES SIR, just like that KW, that was the first buck of five in three states to fall to the mighty 58 last fall, I wont be that mad at them this year ; ] but what a fun three months of hunting it was, i'll never forget it.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Good Lord, cap locks, forsooth. No earthly good will come of caplock guns and the imbibing of spiritous liquors before the sun has reached it's zenith. I fear for our young men.

Dude! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I own and shoot 8 flintlocks. 😁😁😁😁. I own two pill locks. The Hawken and a Henry Leman trade rifle. Ut I do like my flintlocks.

Although fantasy flintlock Hawkens abound. NO surviving examples exist. Not counting the Maryland rifles of Christian and Jacob. And the possibly existence of an Ohio Jacob. But I’m talking Rocky Mountain rifles. Almost post 1840. Were there flint Hawken rocky mountain rifles. It stands to reason. As recently fur trade manifest do indicate a few being bought and taken west in 1825 by one of the fur companies. But it does not attest to their ignition system. But it is good speculation that they were flint.

But again, there exist no known examples. There exist several probable conversions, but that’s as close as we can get. Personally, I believe they did exist. But my Hawken is a percussion.
As a "rendezvous" rifle I use a rebuilt US contract rifle circa 1820 with a US Common rifle lock. Built for the fur trade. Rifle as would have been rebuilt by either Deringer of Philadelphia or Dickert of Lancaster.

Here ya go!

For here in Texas I like my Model 1792 Contract rifle!
This is my 54 Hawken.
[Linked Image]

The day I picked it up at rendezvous last spring.
[Linked Image]

Pics taken that same day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This rifle was inspired by the Kit Carson rifle now in Santa Fe, NM. Carson wasn't a large man and his Hawken was on the smaller side of the late Hawken rifles.

This one weights in a bit over 7 pounds. The barrel is a Rice, 54 caliber, one inch at the breach tapering to 7/8 inch at the muzzle, 32 inches long. Davis lock and triggers. I am unsure the origin of the breach plug and other furniture, my builder already had them in possession for a long time. But I especially like the design of the patent breach bolster. The balance is near perfect for off-hand shooting. It's also lighter than my Great Plains or my CVA mountain rifle.

It shoots bug-hole groups with a 530 ball, pocket drill patches, and 70 grains of 3-f Goex. I have won some rendezvous shoots with that load. I am working on a load for elk season now. Really looking forward to making meat with it soon.
PDS,

That rifle is prime possibles!

We may try to head to RMNR in July if things even out. Look forward to seeing you there again!
I am keeping my fingers crossed. RMNR is likely the next one I can attend. If it doesn't get cancelled.
Gents, those are some lovlies!
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Some really nice Hawkens, Gentleman. Here's mine, an Ozark Mountain arms kit, I made in the winter of 1975. it's 50 caliber and very accurate. Won a lot of turkeys, hams, and chickens and quite a few ribbons at blackpowder shoots. Been hunted a few times but nothing was killed but some bunnies and rocks. grin After seeing some of these rifles I should of got the maple up-grade wood. mad

SS336,

That’s a classic ol’ mountain rifle! Very nice!
Gorgeous rifles, all.............. !!!!!

And simply a STUD of a buck !!!! Heavens !!!

Nothing Hawken-like and custom among my front stuffers. Just a couple old CVA's..........
Thank you, Kaywoodie.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

How did I miss this one!!!!???!!! 😁. I know that rifle is a shooter, Sharpsman! I’ve seen the targets!! Very nice!!!!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

How did I miss this one!!!!???!!! 😁. I know that rifle is a shooter, Sharpsman! I’ve seen the targets!! Very nice!!!!

Yep !!!

That's a left-nutter !!!!
Great post! Keep putting up the pictures.
Here are a few I made.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1474 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
Full stock flint, 58 cal.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1479 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1483 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
J&S half stock with tapered barrel and under rib with fancy wood.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Antiqued Hawken 2 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Antiqued Hawken by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
Antiqued S Hawken in 54 cal.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]DSCN0740 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]DSCN0737 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
Classic S Hawken with very tight curl. 62 cal.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Image%203 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]L H Hawken 3 &4 002 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
Left Hand late style Hawken with pistol grip stock

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Wes's 1.1 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
One more classic S. Hawken. 62 cal.
Wow Szihn!! Beautiful rifles , as usual!
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
This is my 54 Hawken.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This rifle was inspired by the Kit Carson rifle now in Santa Fe, NM. Carson wasn't a large man and his Hawken was on the smaller side of the late Hawken rifles.

This one weights in a bit over 7 pounds. The barrel is a Rice, 54 caliber, one inch at the breach tapering to 7/8 inch at the muzzle, 32 inches long. Davis lock and triggers. I am unsure the origin of the breach plug and other furniture, my builder already had them in possession for a long time. But I especially like the design of the patent breach bolster. The balance is near perfect for off-hand shooting. It's also lighter than my Great Plains or my CVA mountain rifle.

It shoots bug-hole groups with a 530 ball, pocket drill patches, and 70 grains of 3-f Goex. I have won some rendezvous shoots with that load. I am working on a load for elk season now. Really looking forward to making meat with it soon.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 I REALLY Like !!!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
This is my 54 Hawken.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 I REALLY Like !!!

I'm right there with ya !!!!! Beautiful gun !!!
Originally Posted by szihn
Here are a few I made.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1474 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1479 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1483 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Antiqued Hawken 2 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Antiqued Hawken by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]DSCN0740 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]DSCN0737 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Image%203 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]L H Hawken 3 &4 002 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Wes's 1.1 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

And THESE...................... !!!!!

Simply stunning !!
Sure are some beautiful rifles here, and there are some talented people still making and shooting them.
Return with us now to those thrilling daze of yesteryear. This was late ‘78 or early’79. Back when we all thought we was mounting mens! LOL! The rifle was built by Dutch Schillinger using one of his locks. And a GRRW .54 calibre barrel. It was closely copied from a Gemmer built St. Louis Hawken. Circa 1850-55 or so. Had that long fancy buckhorn rear sight! Was a nice rifle.

A colorized tin type photo of Kaywoodie at rendezvous, in 1845---------------------- when he was only in his 20s.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
laugh laugh laugh
In 1971 I was still living in Colorado, and at the end of the ski season I broke my leg which put me in 2 full leg and 1 half leg casts for the next 6 months. To have something to do while recuperating, I built a .45 caliber percussion Kentucky rifle from a CVA kit. I think that was also the year that Colorado started their muzzleloading deer and elk hunts. So 2 weeks after I got out of my last leg cast I was out in the sagebrush hills in Northwestern Colorado, and shot my largest antlered mule deer with my .45 caliber Kentucky rifle. He has a 30"+ spread and a bunch of trash points.

The next year Colorado upped the minimum caliber for muzleloader elk hunts to .50. So I built a .54 caliber percussion Hawken rifle from a Green River kit. I then moved to Montana and didn't hunt with blackpowder until 2004 when I had an opportunity to shoot a buffalo, so I used my .54 Hawken.

szihn you make some fine front loaders
Nice thread Bob. Lot of real lookers on here. I have 2. 1 righthanded rig from Pecatonica parts and finished by a gentleman of the highest order Jim Trueblood. And a Bergman that you helped me find in lefty. Righthanded one is 54 and lefty is 58. The lefty is actually quite light for what it is and nicely accurate. Here is to a few good tags this fall to use them on.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Beautiful rifles fellas.

That’s a stud of a buck Kurt. Hope you draw well for black powder this year!
Hey guys, I may have one up for sale in the latter part of this year.

I have several orders (6 right now) and one man is speaking to me that he may change his mind and want a copy of a H. Derringer instead. He's got all the parts and wood for a Hawken here and now, but they are so popular I told him if he wants to trade them for a set of parts for a H. Derringer and have me make that one instead I would do it.

So if I end up with a set of Hawken parts and anyone wants a hand made Hawken let me know soon.
The stocks are made by me from blanks, so you'd have the options of your length of pull and drop dimensions. The breach plug is for a 1" barrel so you would have options of calibers 50 54 and 58.
If anyone wanted a light weight rifle I can swap the breach plug for a 15/16 or even a 7/8 size breach and that gives you options of 54 and smaller calibers.
And I can go the other way and go up in size for those that want 62 or even 66 cal. Straight or tapered barrels. Your call.

Please note, this is not locked down yet. The man has not made a hard commitment to the change so I am only posting this now for the benefit of anyone wanting one of my Hawkens without having to wait the usual 3 years between ordering and delivery. But I am not in charge of that yet. It's up to the customer who has been inline now for a long time.

But if you contact me (and if he does changer the order) I can then contact you back and let you know it's available. If it come up as an "open slot" it would not be until late in 2020 at the soonest, but that better then the middle of 2024.
I've got four I need to sell.....from $2500.00 to $1300.00...no trash in the bunch and all shooters! Age is telling on me!
Here are a few I made.

Man those are beautiful.
A colorized tin type photo of Kaywoodie at rendezvous, in 1845---------------------- when he was only in his 20s.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Szihn! I forgot to mention, I was still in the Marine reserve unit here then. For like 2 more years! 🤣🤣🤣

Not anything near a true Hawken....but my first "build"

Long story on how it came to be.

I had an idea for what I thought was my ideal flintlock. Fast twist 50cal.

Found a Green Mountain TC 1" replacement barrel. Blued, fast twist, fiber optic sights.

Already had a L&R RPL lock and David deerslayer trigger for a TC (in my factory TC Hawken)

I knew TOTW sold replacement steel furniture. Ordered that and a Pectonia River TC replacement stock in maple. Snagged a Tang on eBay.

The steel and the stock came and I was beside myself. The steel was raw and were castings not drop-in replacement parts.

The stock. Whew! It was kinda sorta shaped like a rifle. The barrel fit. But that was about it.

It all day in the corner for months. I had no idea what to do with it. Always wanted to "build" a flintlock but had no idea how. Heck, I hardly owned any tools at all.

Decided to learn. And, off the deep end I've went.

That rifle, although not a show piece or historically accurate or anything like that, is a laser beam and a killer. Killed my biggest buck to date. Killed a yearling groundhog at a lasered 87yds.

I've now been building a rifle a year or so...and have finished my first plank build. Getting ready to start on plank build #2 here pretty quick.
Great bucks and a cool rifle Mauser! Pretty danged neat right there!
Mauser! That will work!!!! Nice critters too!!!! !
Agreed. Very nice especially for a#1 build.

If you decide to do a #2, let me know and if I can I'll give you some tip s as you go that I believe will help you along the way.
That’s a handsome rifle, Mauser. Nice job for sure.
Well I am back on the Hawkens now. I have 5 customers who have them ordered. I have enough wood and parts to make 6, so I think I'll make one and offer it to anyone who commits to it.

The wood I have is 1/2 stock length and the barrels I have are a 1" .54 and a 15/16" .54. The wood is nice curly maple. I do have both LH and RH locks and breach plugs.

So the "spec gun" will be a classic half-stock 54 cal, and stocked in maple, but all the details can be adjusted one way or another.

I will get the 5 standing orders satisfied first (as well as 1 fancy Golden Age Pennsylvania rifle,) so the one I intend to make for spec will not be done until around Christmas, but if anyone wants a custom made Hawken, now would be a time to talk it over. Depending on wood and the amount of ornamentation done (or left undone) the price will be as low as $1450 and would top out at around $2100.

Options that are available that would not effect the cost are length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heal and the use of one of my hand forged Hawken butts. The ones I have examined have mostly had crescents with less dish and a more even curve (not as long in the toe) as those castings we see marketed today, so I use my own plates when I make a Hawken unless a customer likes the long toe style. Here are 2 pics to show what I mean.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1479 by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
This is one I forged

This one has a long toe casting common today.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1478 by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
I bought a .54 TC Hawken about 10 years ago. I had belonged to a widow's husband before he passed. She had kept it in the trunk of her car for several months until she decided to sell it along with some other rifles. I showed her the new price list and some of the used prices. Since it needed some TLC, I offered her $250 for it and she accepted.

Attached picture .54 Caliber     Hawken.JPG
[Linked Image]

This baby won first place for the weekly aggregate rifle shoot at Rocky Mountain National Rendezvous this past week. Yes, I was shooting it.
[Linked Image]

This baby won first place for the weekly aggregate rifle shoot at Rocky Mountain National Rendezvous this past week. Yes, I was shooting it.

WOW. That sucker is some kinda beautiful
I have one almost finished now. Be done in 3-4 days. I'll post pics before the customer come for it.
"WOW. That sucker is some kinda beautiful"

And she shoot as good as she looks!
I have one almost finished now. Be done in 3-4 days. I'll post pics before the customer come for it.

Look forward to seeing those pics.
[Linked Image]Apparently my photo didn't download all the way so I'll try again.

[Linked Image]

Got to fondle this one this past week at the rendezvous. This rifle is a joy to handle!!! Real prime possibles.
lLtest one finished
54 cal. Tapered barrel and rib.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Hawken .54 Rocklock by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Very nice!

I freeking commend you gents shooting deer and other big game with these rifles. I had to refrain from commenting on another thread where a guy said he's "more handy" at killing deer, with his AR, than he is with a bolt action. For fu cks sake it only takes 1 shot. How gd handy do you need to be? Ive seen guys in the field fire off 40 shots on a running elk herd and that chaps my hide to no extent. People need to go back to the basics and work on the proper fundamentals like making that 1 shot count!!! You guys get it.. By the way, some very nice rifles here. I grew up shooting a 50 cal hawkens. My buddy used a 54 cal TC that was a beautiful rifle. I damned near bought a 50 cal TC the other day. You guys wouldnt believe how many jackrabbits we slayed with our bp guns back in the day. Good memories
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You guys wouldnt believe how many jackrabbits we slayed with our bp guns back in the day. Good memories

I sure would! We did the same thing growing up! I watched my old bud make a helluva shot with an old .45 T/C Hawken on a running jack back in the day. Across a draw better than 175 yds, with a round ball. Unfortunately as teenagers back then (circa 1973) nobody ever told us such stunt shots weren’t possible with a ML! So we didn’t know any better.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I freeking commend you gents shooting deer and other big game with these rifles. I had to refrain from commenting on another thread where a guy said he's "more handy" at killing deer, with his AR, than he is with a bolt action. For fu cks sake it only takes 1 shot. How gd handy do you need to be? Ive seen guys in the field fire off 40 shots on a running elk herd and that chaps my hide to no extent. People need to go back to the basics and work on the proper fundamentals like making that 1 shot count!!! You guys get it.. By the way, some very nice rifles here. I grew up shooting a 50 cal hawkens. My buddy used a 54 cal TC that was a beautiful rifle. I damned near bought a 50 cal TC the other day. You guys wouldnt believe how many jackrabbits we slayed with our bp guns back in the day. Good memories

LOL, it was my pleasure Big Buddy, hunting and killing 4 good bucks from the ground, knowing you have one shot and one shot only refines the skills we've spent a lifetime learning, 5th and last buck was taken from the ground at 20 yards with a 150 year old original Sharps buffalo rifle in 45-110, it doesn't get any better, as said earlier, I may not be that mad at them this fall, but sure leaned hard on their asses last year! cool

You guys wouldnt believe how many jackrabbits we slayed with our bp guns back in the day. Good memories

I sure would! We did the same thing growing up! I watched my old bud make a helluva shot with an old .45 T/C Hawken on a running jack back in the day. Across a draw better than 175 yds, with a round ball. Unfortunately as teenagers back then (circa 1973) nobody ever told us such stunt shots weren’t possible with a ML! So we didn’t know any better.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^grin^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thats awesome man. I could see that. Sounds like the time i took one out with my 29-2. I was up on a dune looking down towards the river and spotted a jack running across a stretch of alkali. It took me 3 shots with that 44 mag. The first one hit about 12 feet behind him. I didnt think id have to lead the sob that much!! laugh

LOL, it was my pleasure Big Buddy, hunting and killing 4 good bucks from the ground, knowing you have one shot and one shot only refines the skills we've spent a lifetime learning, 5th and last buck was taken from the ground at 20 yards with a 150 year old original Sharps buffalo rifle in 45-110, it doesn't get any better, as said earlier, I may not be that mad at them this fall, but sure leaned hard on their asses last year! cool

Thats cool gunner.

Thats cool gunner.

Thanks, so was smoke poling jacks I bet. smile
One more time to try to add a photo.

I know this thread is a bit old, but here’s my .54 J&S Hawken built by John Bergmann in 2010 with parts from Don Stith, who owns the original from which this was copied. It has a .54 cal, 1-56" twist, 36" X 1 1/8" - 1" tapered Rice barrel, RE Davis lock, 14 1/4" inch length of pull, and weighs 10 lbs, 13 oz. It’s very accurate with a .530 ball, 100 gr FFg, and a .015 pillow ticking patch with mink oil.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Wow, she's a beaut.
Originally Posted by 30338
Wow, she's a beaut.

Agreed !!! 100%
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
If I can figure out picture posting and get time I'll post mine don't know who built it but has a Large match barrel and Bob Roller trigger.,.50 cal.
His isn't a very"Custom" Hawkin,and certainly isn't in the clas of ones shwnn . Some may get a chuckle out of it.

The stock shown is one I made for a TC Hawkin that the original had split back at the tang. Plus I need a recoil pad due to bad shoulder that I later had replaced with a plastic/metal one.It probably took me 200-250 hours to do it Hardest parts were drilling the hole for the ramrod and getting the slot in the right place in the forearm.

First hunt I took it on, I had it in scabbard on my mule, butt facing forward. First morning out, we had left camp in the dark and got to the hunting area before first light.I stepped off and went to tie the mule up to an aspen tree about 5-6 inches in diameter. For some unknown reason,she jumped forward, putting the aspen between her and the scabbard, cracking the stock just to the left of the tang.I had no spare rifle and that pretty much ended my hunting that ML season.I never put a scabbard on with butt forward after that.

That winter, when I finally got over being upset about it, I pulled it out of the safe, spread the crack open as far as I could, and injected Accuglas into it with a syringe. Then I drilled three 1/4 inch holes down thru the stock and drove 1/4 " walnut dowels into them with glue. It worked and I never had the gumption to make another stock for it .That was over thirty years ago before inlines came into being and I m am on the third barrel with it after wearing out the first two

just a plain old custom shop Cabela's. but she shoots like a million! .54 came with a plastic stock. I put it into a invest arms wood stock.
[Linked Image]
A lot of beautiful rifles, kudos to you guys! I have all the bits and pieces for a new to me build. Started with a 54 cal Green Mountain round ball barrel for a T/C. I don't like the T/C stocks, not enough drop, so went out to Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply and picked up one of their half stocks for T/C components. They're about an hour away and worth the drive. My hesitation is I'm not a very good woodworker and my abilities don't come close to my expectations! Lol! So this will be a slow process...

Shot my junk azz TC today.
Hawken Silver Elite
90gr T7 w musket cap and TC Maxinhunter 275.

With bad shoulder it wasnt horrible, but it kinda jacked me up an hr or so later.

Sights on indoor range, on black target.....horrible ( esp since i wear bifocals ). Aimed at wall on sandbag and then pivot to target ( end lane ).

Put em where I thought they should be

Had removed rear sight a while back to measure holes and forgot to count clicks. Oops.
Was only a couple off.
Aint seen diddly

You skin griz pilgrim?

[Linked Image]
Cant really call it custom, it's an early TC Seneca .45 but it's one of the nicer looking guns I own.

Does anyone have a rifle from the Hawken Shop? They have some nice kits.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Aint seen diddly

Is this a Silver Elite?
I should have kept mine
Originally Posted by E Blair
Does anyone have a rifle from the Hawken Shop? They have some nice kits.

Seen a couple from way back in the day Art Ressel ran the operation. This would have been late 70’s.
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
Aint seen diddly

Is this a Silver Elite?

Yup, bought it new.
Killed my largest buck w it.....mid 160s net
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
Aint seen diddly

Is this a Silver Elite?

Yup, bought it new.
Killed my largest buck w it.....mid 160s net

Wish I would have bought one back in the day. I think they only made them for a year or two.
'95 catalog item IIRC, with maybe some left over for '96.
Think I paid 415 for it.
© 24hourcampfire