Home
This may not be newsworthy to some, but I have experienced significant accuracy improvement with my T/C Triumph. I am hoping to draw a CO mzldr elk tag for this fall. I have been working for about three months to develop an acceptable full-bore bullet load. I had tried 4 different conical candidates plus the Fed Bor-Lok and Thor options. Best accuracy I could achieve at 75 yards (my self-imposed range limit with very bad eyes and a peep sight) was ~3.5" with any bullet/powder combination.

I finally had a local tool maker turn off that silly QLA and recrown the muzzle. My barrel slugs at .503". I started using an "X" of teflon tape to make a paper-patched bullet. First 3 shots using No Excuse 460s were touching at 60 yards. I am now much more confident with the rifle, if I can only have similar luck with the tag draw.

Thanks for listening.

For any of your PA residents, I'll think you'll understand when I repeat what a dear friend recently said, "Pennsylvania used to have a coyote problem. Now we have a Wolf problem".

Good hunting everyone and stay safe. During this pandemic, more prayer............less panic.
I have many of those barrels down to 21” . They shoot better at that length without the QLA. I just cut to encore barrels to 21”.
Great news Dave!
© 24hourcampfire