Home
Posted By: Wook Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I live in Anchorage, AK and I need a 2" hitch mount motorcycle carrier. No idea where I could find one locally (Anchorage/Valley). Any ideas? I tried Cabelas/Bass pro online and came up empty. Is this an item that 6 Roblees would have in stock? Looking to pick up a trail bike/enduro/dual sport.

Thanks for any help,
Tim
Posted By: Music_Man Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
Get on the phone and start calling around!
Posted By: las Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
Motorcycle places?

Welding shop?
Posted By: Wook Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
Originally Posted by las
Motorcycle places?

Welding shop?

Awesome! Thank you. I didn't even think of the motorcycle shops. Lol Bet they'll have one. Thanks for the idea.

Tim
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
6 Roblees or Trailer Craft is where I would start if they do not have it have a welding shop modify a trailer carrier. Call the RV places I see lots of Motor Homes with brackets. Drift Boaters on the Upper Kenai use them also to shuttle vehicles. Welding shops
might have one in stock I see quite a few.

I had a boat motor bracket built for my 4 stroke outboard to keep Powerhead elevated on my hitch mount cargo carrier.

Amazon has some on Prime order cookies or foodwith your order and it will get here faster (essential)
I ordered this from Amazon, mostly for the good price, light weight and long ramp to decrease the loading angle. It was to be for a dual sport weighing less than 300 pounds. If you have a heavier motorcycle you might need a more heavy duty carrier but Amazon lists several others as well. Had to return it due to a change in my plans so can't speak to it with experience but it gets good reviews and seems a good value for the price.

Black Widow motorcycle carrier

[Linked Image from amazon.com]
Posted By: las Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
S'all right, Wook . I'm always getting ass-bit by the obvious myself.... smile
Posted By: 1234 Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
got one on ebay.

Ed
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/16/20
E Bay is great on small items shipped to Alaska free but big items shipping often exceeds cost of item. On Amazon Prime lots of items will not ship to Alaskan adress. Have to be carefull got billed for $150 shipping on a non Prime Honda Hood deflector that costs $129.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/17/20
Sent you a couple pms with links
Posted By: erich Re: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - 07/17/20
If you have a Harbor Freight up there, they have them
© 24hourcampfire